OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guest house was being occupied I believe by another Rhoden who recently moved in there that we aren't supposed to talk about. Someone in an interview said that that person lived 500 yards from KR. I believe DS said it.

BR said it himself. But I think the smaller camper looks closer than 500 yards.

I don't think that little camper behind the 5th wheel was occupied. That's a lot closer than 500 yards. From my understanding the one that was recently occupied 500 yards away is the one that DR just moved out of when she moved into her new space. That was how FR and HG were able to be relieved of their long term houseguest around the same time.

Wait

So DR lived close to KR, moved to new place, the person/ people that was living with FR for about 5 weeks moved in the trailer that DR moved out of?

Good golly I need to buy a paper and move to town.

Guess that's what I get for not sleuthing around.

Wait

So DR lived close to KR, moved to new place, the person/ people that was living with FR for about 5 weeks moved in the trailer that DR moved out of?

That is correct. Dana used to live a couple acres over from where Kenny was found.

I wonder if .... The perps were not expecting anyone else to be in the 5th wheel. And I wonder is there a bed room in the back with a door?

Wait

That sounds correct, but I've never actually seen anywhere that DR was living there previously to the other person moving in. It must be on fb I'd imagine. I looked at fb but not as carefully as some others but based on the amount of people on here that have said DR had lived there makes me think it's true.

I wonder to what extent the Manley's have been cooperating with LE. Publicly they have denied to have any knowledge about the growing operations. I find this hard to believe. For example, BJM was a regular visitor and must have seen or smelled something. Perhaps they are more forthcoming when talking to police but I don't think so. The grow operations may be very important in the investigation, and anything less than complete disclosure would hamper the investigation.

The reports in the media about how the bodies were found by the Manley's seem to contradict the 911 tape. The police may suspect some kind of cover-up. Perhaps that is why the truck of LM's son was collected by LE.

Now that the funerals are over, the gloves of LE may come off. If LE feels that the Manley's are not fully cooperating, and they have found proof of a some kind of cover-up or tampering with evidence, they may decide to arrest someone. JMO, of course.

If LM says that he feels that his family is a target of LE, then this may be because they are. However, I think they are not be the only target, and they are not the main target. We will see what happens. I am curious to see how the relationship between LE and the Manley family further develops.

That's a question I meant to ask earlier...do growing marijuana plants have a distinct odor? Is it the same or similar to the burning end product?

If both parties are deceased am I allowed to share a link to a facebook page (memorial page) it shows DR posting on 21, April 2016 at 12:16 PM (last post made) .It is a post she made on the 18th that makes me wonder. May be this has all been discussed before - I tried reading back through all the messages - just to many of them though :)

The one on the 18th...I believe that is the day her granddaughter was born, so it's easy to assume that's what she meant.

I don't know that it is Kenny or if it is Chris he lived close to but I haven't checked addresses.

We have mentioned a Rhoden that was 500 yards away and I assumed it was from Kenny.
CR1 owned property at 1084 Left Fork Rd, Otway, OH 45657 which is within walking distance of 799 Left Fork Rd, Rarden, OH 45671. I don't think anyone lives there though.

That's a question I meant to ask earlier...do growing marijuana plants have a distinct odor? Is it the same or similar to the burning end product?
You can smell it. If they were growing it anywhere on that little plot of land, in one of those buildings, you'd smell it. I drive past a place not far from me and when they are working with it you can smell it all the way out onto the highway as you're driving by. It has a very distinct odor. Not like the odor of the smoke though.

I just found it odd that he was supposed to stay there for the night, then didn't, then was supposed to help him w/the cars, then didn't come over. He stated the KR was an early riser so if he didn't hear from him, I'd think he'd be most likely to check on him. The others not so much b/c they probably thought the whole thing was directed toward those particular family members. I don't think a lot of Kenneth's immediate family lived close except his mother and maybe another. Some may have even found out on the t.v. like DS said he did.

He didn't say he was supposed to spend the night in the Daily Mail Interview. He said:

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning. When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3560167/One-victims-Ohio-family-massacre-1-000-cash-strewn-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

I so disagree with this..

Don't forget, there is a mass murderer loose in the town.

If they have so much and are keeping it quiet and letting the town live like that.. That is a problem.

I believe they are waiting on DNA and I believe they are watching the suspect(s) 24/7, I could be wrong but time will tell.

He said on the 911 that's why he went over there. The 911 call just had a funny ring to it, to me. I am probably totally off track w/that but there has just been something about the DailyMail story and the 911 call that didn't set right with me. But, I can also see why they didn't think of KR at first. You have CR1s family targeted w/ GR looking like he may have been just "there" by misfortune. A lot of the family members probably did not know they were into anything other than raising a few roosters and coonhounds.

I don't remember him saying that in the 911 call. Here is the transcript. I don't know if it's complete.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ipts-911-calls-pike-county-slayings/83445300/

Thanks to InspectaX, I finally got it. I think arrests are coming...who will talk first for a deal?

It doesn't sound like the issue was her funeral expenses, but the $10,000 she hid with her son.

Whatever caused the hearing was due to someone asking her questions about assets. During the questioning she told them she had a pre paid burial. She told them iirc her son paid for it (not that she got money from a car accident). So technically they never believed or knew about her being awarded the money. From there she had a hearing with Social Security. She had to take with her a copy of the burial contract, her life ins policies. From that hearing she was told she had to pay SS back the amount that was paid to the funeral home and she had to cash the life ins in. So she cashed in the policies, gave them the money and they started taking an amount from her SS check each month.

Now I don't know what agency that is hooked up to SS that did this. Medicaid, SSI. It surely wouldn't have been SS retirement cause that is based on money paid in to SS. But it was definitely due to whoever found out she had a prepaid funeral even though she told them her son paid for it-not that it was her money that did.

I remember being told she would have been better off not to pre pay, let her son keep the money til she died and then he could pay for it.

Frankly I didn't feel sorry for her. I didn't care what they did, she should have reported the money when she got it not wait to got caught.

That's all I know.

Sorry this is O/T

He didn't say he was supposed to spend the night in the Daily Mail Interview. He said:

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning. When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3560167/One-victims-Ohio-family-massacre-1-000-cash-strewn-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

In one of his first interviews DS did say he was supposed to spend the night with KR. He made a comment about how if he had done as planned and stayed overnight he'd likely have been killed as well. I will see if I can go back and find a link to where he said that.

Found it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Stone said he was due to have spent the previous evening with his cousin and slept overnight there adding: 'If I had, I would have been victim number nine. I feel lucky about that and to be alive today.'

Whatever caused the hearing was due to someone asking her questions about assets. During the questioning she told them she had a pre paid burial. She told them iirc her son paid for it (not that she got money from a car accident). So technically they never believed or knew about her being awarded the money. From there she had a hearing with Social Security. She had to take with her a copy of the burial contract, her life ins policies. From that hearing she was told she had to pay SS back the amount that was paid to the funeral home and she had to cash the life ins in. So she cashed in the policies, gave them the money and they started taking an amount from her SS check each month.

Now I don't know what agency that is hooked up to SS that did this. Medicaid, SSI. It surely wouldn't have been SS retirement cause that is based on money paid in to SS. But it was definitely due to whoever found out she had a prepaid funeral even though she told them her son paid for it-not that it was her money that did.

I remember being told she would have been better off not to pre pay, let her son keep the money til she died and then he could pay for it.

Frankly I didn't feel sorry for her. I didn't care what they did, she should have reported the money when she got it not wait to got caught.

That's all I know.

Sorry this is O/T

My sister says that once they start talking to you, they find everything. It was probably easy for them to determine that she received the $10,000. There may have been a tax form issued even if it wasn't taxable or a portion of the settlement may have been reported on her tax return, for example. They may have looked at deposits of her children and made a connection that way. There is usually a trail.

If your following the theory that someone was with them the night of the murders (as I am) they may be getting fingerprints and DNA from the vehicles.
I thought about that myself, but more along the lines that maybe it appeared that the cars were broken into if locked and maybe the murderer was looking for something in the cars before the murders and would of left fingerprints/DNA.

It is not uncommon for families of "do-it-yourselfers" to plan a day or days to work together on cars, houses, etc. I'm not saying that is what was going on because I think it could have been code. But there's a good chance it wasn't. My husband's family does this kind of stuff all the time. JMO.
They may have been prepping the cars for a demolition derby. There's one scheduled May 14th in Carrollton, Ky.

That sounds correct, but I've never actually seen anywhere that DR was living there previously to the other person moving in. It must be on fb I'd imagine. I looked at fb but not as carefully as some others but based on the amount of people on here that have said DR had lived there makes me think it's true.

Gosh no wonder there hasn't been an arrest.

That just adds another layer to the many other layers that LE has to investigate and get right.

No wonder they say no comment or start down the road of answering questions, one trail leads to another.

wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member