OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Coldpizza, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisces51

pisces51 Member

BR said it himself. But I think the smaller camper looks closer than 500 yards.

2. Meemaw12

Meemaw12 Well-Known Member

Wait

So DR lived close to KR, moved to new place, the person/ people that was living with FR for about 5 weeks moved in the trailer that DR moved out of?

Good golly I need to buy a paper and move to town.

Guess that's what I get for not sleuthing around.

3. lonesomepaws

lonesomepaws New Member

That is correct. Dana used to live a couple acres over from where Kenny was found.

4. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

I wonder if .... The perps were not expecting anyone else to be in the 5th wheel. And I wonder is there a bed room in the back with a door?

5. dayna769

dayna769 New Member

That sounds correct, but I've never actually seen anywhere that DR was living there previously to the other person moving in. It must be on fb I'd imagine. I looked at fb but not as carefully as some others but based on the amount of people on here that have said DR had lived there makes me think it's true.

6. pisces51

pisces51 Member

That's a question I meant to ask earlier...do growing marijuana plants have a distinct odor? Is it the same or similar to the burning end product?

7. pisces51

pisces51 Member

The one on the 18th...I believe that is the day her granddaughter was born, so it's easy to assume that's what she meant.

8. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

CR1 owned property at 1084 Left Fork Rd, Otway, OH 45657 which is within walking distance of 799 Left Fork Rd, Rarden, OH 45671. I don't think anyone lives there though.

9. rsd1200

You can smell it. If they were growing it anywhere on that little plot of land, in one of those buildings, you'd smell it. I drive past a place not far from me and when they are working with it you can smell it all the way out onto the highway as you're driving by. It has a very distinct odor. Not like the odor of the smoke though.

10. pisces51

pisces51 Member

He didn't say he was supposed to spend the night in the Daily Mail Interview. He said:

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning. When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3560167/One-victims-Ohio-family-massacre-1-000-cash-strewn-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

11. ShouldBWorking

ShouldBWorking Well-Known Member

I believe they are waiting on DNA and I believe they are watching the suspect(s) 24/7, I could be wrong but time will tell.

12. pisces51

pisces51 Member

I don't remember him saying that in the 911 call. Here is the transcript. I don't know if it's complete.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ipts-911-calls-pike-county-slayings/83445300/

13. Akweks

Akweks Well-Known Member

Thanks to InspectaX, I finally got it. I think arrests are coming...who will talk first for a deal?

14. Meemaw12

Whatever caused the hearing was due to someone asking her questions about assets. During the questioning she told them she had a pre paid burial. She told them iirc her son paid for it (not that she got money from a car accident). So technically they never believed or knew about her being awarded the money. From there she had a hearing with Social Security. She had to take with her a copy of the burial contract, her life ins policies. From that hearing she was told she had to pay SS back the amount that was paid to the funeral home and she had to cash the life ins in. So she cashed in the policies, gave them the money and they started taking an amount from her SS check each month.

Now I don't know what agency that is hooked up to SS that did this. Medicaid, SSI. It surely wouldn't have been SS retirement cause that is based on money paid in to SS. But it was definitely due to whoever found out she had a prepaid funeral even though she told them her son paid for it-not that it was her money that did.

I remember being told she would have been better off not to pre pay, let her son keep the money til she died and then he could pay for it.

Frankly I didn't feel sorry for her. I didn't care what they did, she should have reported the money when she got it not wait to got caught.

That's all I know.

Sorry this is O/T

15. Rixey

Rixey New Member

In one of his first interviews DS did say he was supposed to spend the night with KR. He made a comment about how if he had done as planned and stayed overnight he'd likely have been killed as well. I will see if I can go back and find a link to where he said that.

Found it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Stone said he was due to have spent the previous evening with his cousin and slept overnight there adding: 'If I had, I would have been victim number nine. I feel lucky about that and to be alive today.'

16. Meemaw12

Thank you

Hmmm now I am really confused about all this.

17. pisces51

pisces51 Member

My sister says that once they start talking to you, they find everything. It was probably easy for them to determine that she received the $10,000. There may have been a tax form issued even if it wasn't taxable or a portion of the settlement may have been reported on her tax return, for example. They may have looked at deposits of her children and made a connection that way. There is usually a trail.

18. 24Roses

24Roses Well-Known Member

I thought about that myself, but more along the lines that maybe it appeared that the cars were broken into if locked and maybe the murderer was looking for something in the cars before the murders and would of left fingerprints/DNA.

19. rsd1200

They may have been prepping the cars for a demolition derby. There's one scheduled May 14th in Carrollton, Ky.

20. Meemaw12

Gosh no wonder there hasn't been an arrest.

That just adds another layer to the many other layers that LE has to investigate and get right.

No wonder they say no comment or start down the road of answering questions, one trail leads to another.

wow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.