AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Maybe I am blind or just losing it lol but I just clicked the link again to the obituary and no longer see that comment???
I sent an email to the funeral home asking if they were aware of the comment and asked if they notified LE as pre-caution. Others may have as well. Maybe why it's gone? IDK but makes me think they were not aware.

Thank you. Who knows maybe this will be the long awaited break in the case
I wish I had thought to send it to the tip line first rather than thinking the funeral home would. My first rule of thumb is to never make assumptions and I clearly broke my own rule. Hoping someone else did? The smallest thing could be useful and if it's not then no loss. Mad at myself. Really hoping someone reported it.

I wish I had thought to send it to the tip line first rather than thinking the funeral home would. My first rule of thumb is to never make assumptions and I clearly broke my own rule. Hoping someone else did? The smallest thing could be useful and if it's not then no loss. Mad at myself. Really hoping someone reported it.
Good for you for contacting the funeral home. Please don’t beat yourself up; you did what you thought was right at the time.

TY. Really bothered me. I think I rectified it just now. Luckily I had a screen shot and decided that and the link might be just as useful. I feel better about it now.

For those of us who did not see the message, can you provide a synopsis? Please don't use the person's name.

I looked for a date on the post, but didn't see one. Did you or anyone else notice a date?

Hope this is ok Oct 27, 2018 "Shame on you. The family knows exactly what happened. Shame. Go to the police and tell the truth."

Wow.. Might be some nut or could be genuine. Pleased people have reported regardless. I check this thread everyday to see if there is any news... Still hoping Jayme xx

I absolutely agree with you. If this were written by someone who “thinks” they know something, I don’t take that to necessarily mean they are implying a family member either. Just such a strange and odd thing to put on an obituary. If you have a genuine concern, go to someone with legal authority and tell them, and don’t post it on a site for condolences and fond memories. That just is not helpful and very hurtful.
I don’t see the comment- maybe the funeral home took it down?

Odd thing about that guestbook quote, if whoever wrote it knows the family knows, then the person who wrote that knows too, so why don't they go to the police?
People are afraid to report things for more reasons then I can list. It's a scary thing to some especially if they know people involved. Can't say this is the case for this person as I have no idea but it's not uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53