Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can picture this guy sitting around casually talking to Jayme. About himself.
Me too. I can picture him boasting to her about the crime, how he now had her and that she would never get away. Telling her who he was and what he planned. He thought he was that good at pulling off this disaster. Chilling.

ETA. Changed beginning as I initially read post I quoted as "I can't picture him." Eyes starting to blur.

Last edited:
<modsnipped removed discussion and quote>

-People may act differently shortly after committing a violent act. You may have observed such behaviors and not realized it at the time. We are asking you to think back to earlier this week and let us know if you’ve noticed any of the following:

Changes in Routine:
They will miss work. The absence will be sudden and unplanned. They may either be a “no show” or they may offer a reasonable excuse such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc.

• They may miss scheduled appointments. These appointments or commitments may include medical appointments, a regular responsibility to a friend or family member, like caring for an elderly
    relative.
  • They may suddenly leave town, either with no explanation or with some reasonable explanation.

The Latest: Barron County Sheriff pleads with public to look for suspicious actions

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. These weren’t people who engaged in risky behavior, or surrounded themselves with unscrupulous people.

Just a couple of middle aged, middle class parents, trying to raise their daughter.

No one deserves anything like this, but it seems especially tragic when the victims are innocent in every way.

Well said, was hoping lights were off so there was less of a mental imprint , although that might not make much difference..

her aunt / uncles seem similar to parents .. that has to help in someway.

Something very strange about this situation, mother taking on JTP general mail while father shelters him?

What is going on that the Eau Claire Estates address wasn't sufficient?

If we can presume JTP picked up his mail at his mother's home, legally living 'off the radar' at the father's property, driving sibling's vehicle (likely fueled from siphoned gas), soliciting strangers money to do random tasks, while building an impressive resume as a 'quitter'... these smaller aspects all sound like trouble even if not added together.

<modsnipped>

Do you think the FBI, who had boots on ground for some time, and also advised them after they'd gone to another crime scene, had a good profiler who determined this was likely the work of a sadistic stranger ASPD violent person?
If so, do you think any of the pressers were designed to appeal directly to him, or help prevent Jayme's demise?

Do you think the FBI, who had boots on ground for some time, and also advised them after they'd gone to another crime scene, had a good profiler who determined this was likely the work of a sadistic stranger ASPD violent person?
If so, do you think any of the pressers were designed to appeal directly to him, or help prevent Jayme's demise?
Tough to say.

In his 48 Hours interview, the sheriff said that they spent quite a bit of time focusing on co workers at the Jennie O’s plant.

As they were being aided by the FBI, it’s likely that their profile played into this.

That would indicate that they were focused on someone with a grievance against the Closs family, and not a stranger.

Without a clear motive, it is hard to generate a profile. It’s made even harder by the unprecedented nature of this crime.

I definitely share your interest as to what profilers did think about this, but it’s impossible to say for sure what their assessment was.

Something very strange about this situation, mother taking on JTP general mail while father shelters him?

What is going on that the Eau Claire Estates address wasn't sufficient?

If we can presume JTP picked up his mail at his mother's home, legally living 'off the radar' at the father's property, driving sibling's vehicle (likely fueled from siphoned gas), soliciting strangers money to do random tasks, while building an impressive resume as a 'quitter'... these smaller aspects all sound like trouble even if not added together.

<modsnipped>
Let me be clear, I did not say, and there was no reference to JP's mother acting as his mail guard. I believe LE made the address comment in reference to how if given his name, their database would not have led them to the cabin address. BBM

<modsnipped>

MOO

1000%

Not trying to be dramatic, but Barron's LE knew the depth of deep ish they were stepping in when they arrived, and made appropriate measures to receive the assistance required for the most positive outcome they could anticipate.

We all want desperately to see a quicker recovery and closure, but they played the long game. What piques my curiosity is how much of this was cooperation between agencies.

Knowing what we know now, I understand there confusion, it would look like someone was pissed off at James and Denise...

with close to zero contact with anyone or on a cell phone ... if FBI given a note from perp that said I’m anti social loner that did this to get jayme.... still would be hard to quickly figure out JTP. Jayme was missing for 88 days, JTP brother, mom, sister, ex girlfriend or grandparents all thought nothing. Even day she was found they were likely excited and glad they found the girl and the perp.

The fact that she gave his full name with middle name made me think she saw it printed on some mail or somewhere.
I don't know but I envision JP in full on "commando mode"
ordering Jayme to address him as J_ T_ P. I also recall that JC relayed to 911 dispatcher that he'd been in the military. MOO

Last edited:
He did also state that he saw James again looking through the tiny decorative window on the door as he banged on the door.\

Yup. First as JP was approaching he saw James in the picture window, shining a flashlight out. Then he banged on the door and saw James at the window on the door. It confused me, because I remembered the blinds as being mostly shut, on the picture window. There were a couple comments here that JP's confession sounded too rehearsed, like a combination of things he got from the media and things he might have learned from someone else. I really don't think so, I think he's the bad guy. But, the blinds threw me off. That's why I went back and looked at the pictures. Like I said, the right blind is the same in all pictures, but the left is sometimes partly opened, sometimes mostly closed, and often hidden by a tree. Just wondering whether anyone can tell what the position was nearest after the time of the crime, before investigators may have changed it? It's probably nothing. Probably it was open, and the tree positioning was out of consideration by the media, and then the investigators changed it for privacy when they could. Just wondered if anyone can confirm that. It was the first I realized that the position of any of the blinds changed.

I can see quiting jenni o in one day... especially if your just there to kill turkeys..or clean out guts..

The cheese one is bizarre..and sets pattern
I think y’all are correct... he’s doing minimum to keep getting disability check or
Something odd...

To be honest he would make a good GameStop employee... enthusiasm for first person killer games wouldn’t seem odd at all...
Someone mentioned he had applied for a job the day Jayme was found. Is there a link for that or any info on it? tia

Tough to say.

In his 48 Hours interview, the sheriff said that they spent quite a bit of time focusing on co workers at the Jennie O’s plant.

As they were being aided by the FBI, it’s likely that their profile played into this.

That would indicate that they were focused on someone with a grievance against the Closs family, and not a stranger.

Without a clear motive, it is hard to generate a profile. It’s made even harder by the unprecedented nature of this crime.

I definitely share your interest as to what profilers did think about this, but it’s impossible to say for sure what their assessment was.

I think you're right. The level of rage you had to be experiencing to shoot someone right in the face would typically tell LE and FBI that this was personal vendetta against the Closs parents. I really think they thought they'd find the killer in plain sight - ex boyfriend, work subordinate given a review... The murders were really over the top.

This story is giving me nightmares. It breaks my heart when I wake up and realize it's just a dream. Jayme can't. I wish we could just erase her memory of all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member