UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a way to find out :(

I think it was said on here that she woke up and just 'knew'. Pre-cogniton of a terrible event having happened to a loved one is very common in my experience. Terrible business.
Also when they have passed. Some just ‘know’. It’s odd as I experienced it recently. Feel so sad for Georgina. So young. I’m glad she has another little one that needs her and so she keeps going for her. I hope she is surrounded by good loving people.

Also when they have passed. Some just ‘know’. It’s odd as I experienced it recently. Feel so sad for Georgina. So young. I’m glad she has another little one that needs her and so she keeps going for her. I hope she is surrounded by good loving people.

Alesha MacPhail's mum and dad reveal 'pain and devastation' of losing daughter

The picture of Georgina in this article is heartbreaking because it speaks of intense grief and heartbreak and absolute utter despair and pain. It was really heart-wrenching for me when I saw this photo, her grief is so palpable that it is almost painful to view. The photo speaks a thousand words as to how the murder of her "wee girl" has impacted her....

Contrast that photo against the killer's mug shot. As they say, " A picture is worth a thousand words." Aaron Thomas Campbell is truly a psychopathic narcissistic sociopath and he truly deserves to be remanded to a life sentence for punitive reasons and to protect society should the kinky violent killer ever be paroled/released. I pray not. I am of the opinion that he would have gone on to be a serial killer and am thankful that to date, as far as we really know, Alesha was his first victim and only victim. But I am not sure.

IMO, there is minimal hope for Aaron Campbell based on knowledge I have acquired over the years. Below is an article that is rather fascinating regarding psychopaths and it might be worth the read as this term to describe Aaron has been thrown about a lot over the threads, with just cause IMO. It is a rather chilling account by parents of a psychopath. There have been brain studies done of prisoners that are killers or serial killers and brain differences are truly seen, google this fact if so inclined.

When Your Child Is a Psychopath

I am aware that some people on this thread feel that Aaron may not have acted alone or else they lean toward some type of "woo-woo conspiracy theory" with regard to other happenings, secrets, that cannot be told that lead to this crime. I personally vehemently disagree. This killer acted alone and took advantage of an opportunity and acted spontaneously. I know there are many here that, because they cannot figure out how Aaron initially captured his murder/rape/kidnap and torture victim, cannot give the killer Aaron sole credit for his crime. The kid is a psychopath, most of us are not and as a result we cannot understand him nor his brutality. I believe he acted alone and that he certainly never ever had any type of sexual relationship whatsoever with Toni. Never ever happened. How he "captured" the little girl before brutalizing and then killing her is of interest, but just because we do not have an answer for that no way suggests someone else was involved as it noway suggests that he is not responsible. I like everyone want to know how he secured his victim, Alesha, but at the end of the day what is true is that he killed her, raped her, brutalized her, tortured her and at the end of the day, he did not give a *advertiser censored* about her, nor her family.

Asbdvd
Useful to use for support when crawling up stairs with a big knife in one hand? I guess we'll never know.

I still find it unexplained how, on the morning Alesha was missing there seemed to be quite a few people/messages, certainly to TM which were immediately pointing the finger at AC. Like why would they suspect him SO quickly.... skinning cats is one thing, but rape and murder?
I just get the feeling there’s more back story that we don’t know about. Even if he had depression/ ADHD , he outwardly appeared pretty normal, so why would they all leap to it being AC when, from what some WS have uncovered there were a fair few undesirables on the island who could have been equally suspected?

Also TMs aunt seems to have also immediately suspect him, asking the Mum to specifically check her CCTV like she already knew it was him?

Last edited:
Teenage murderer of Alesha MacPhail named as Aaron Campbell

Giving his decision at a hearing attended by Campbell himself as well as Alesha’s parents, Lord Matthews said he “could not think of a crime in recent times that has attracted such revulsion”.

Addressing Campbell in the dock following Thursday’s verdicts, Matthews told him he had committed “some of the wickedest, most evil crimes this court has ever heard in its long history of dealing with depravity”.

He added: “I have no idea why you did this. I do know that the evidence against you was overwhelming.”

He admitted the jogging trousers were his he said he lost them days before,
Can anyone tell me whether he is wearing jogging bottoms on the cctv from the night? Surely he wouldn’t be wearing anything if the ones on the beach were his?

Asbdvd

I still find it unexplained how, on the morning Alesha was missing there seemed to be quite a few people/messages, certainly to TM which were immediately pointing the finger at AC. Like why would they suspect him SO quickly.... skinning cats is one thing, but rape and murder?
I just get the feeling there’s more back story that we don’t know about. Even if he had depression/ ADHD , he outwardly appeared pretty normal, so why would they all leap to it being AC when, from what some WS have uncovered there were a fair few undesirables on the island who could have been equally suspected?

Also TMs aunt seems to have also immediately suspect him, asking the Mum to specifically check her CCTV like she already knew it was him?

To me, it sounds like he was "the bad boy on the island". iirc, Arron even admitted a concern that cops would be looking at him. The locals knew/know a lot more than us non-locals. The fact that the finger was immediately pointed at him speaks volumes. I know the Sun articles are very salacious but I do not doubt that there is a little bit of truth buried within those articles. When you live in a small community you usually, in my experience, know a bit about everyone. It sounds like this killer kid was on everyone's radar, if you ask me.

No probs!:)

Not sure that's right, iirc fibers from the waistband were found on Alesha with the point being that they were more identifiable (e.g. an unusual pair of boxers) and required more heavy contact for fibers be transferred (in comparison to the joggers)? Happy to be disproven though obviously.

His special defence accounts for this (ie his fibers and DNA transferred via a third party after they had sex and the third party planting seamen from a condom).

"I have no doubt that, even if found not guilty, the majority on here will consider him guilty regardless."

A quote from your post having a go at people who thought he was guilty. You haven't accepted the guilty verdict yourself though by the look of it. Do I detect hypocrisy?

"I have no doubt that, even if found not guilty, the majority on here will consider him guilty regardless."

A quote from your post having a go at people who thought he was guilty. You haven't accepted the guilty verdict yourself though by the look of it. Do I detect hypocrisy?

I would say you do detect hypocrisy. Good call.

Do you have kids? I have 3. Mine, at 6, would not obey silently because of seeing a knife. It's hard to threaten small children with harm from objects because they often don't really understand the full implication and usually can't control their fearful reactions. Unless Alesha had been somehow exposed to, and really grasped, the idea that knives can really hurt and/or kill people (think of the movies one sees at 6) she might just as well have been worried he'd cut his finger (the usual reason adults tell 6yo's not to touch knives). At 6 kids don't understand "dead" even after someone close to them has died. In addition if she HAD been exposed to that idea and was actually scared, and told to be quiet, she probably couldn't be quiet anyway. Little kids, notoriously, scream and cry even when told not to, because they can't help it.

All three of mine have sleepwalked too and if you speak to them or touch them they waken. Even being gently lifted by their loving familiar-feeling-and-smelling mother wakes them a little. I strongly doubt he, a stranger, lifted and carried her out of the home without her waking up. I think he came across her in the hallway, immediately grabbed her and put his hand over her face until she passed out then left with her, somewhere on the way to the crimescene she roused and he shook her by the hair, injuring her spine, to subdue her. Then he smothered her again at the crimescene as he attacked her and she died. I don't think he was able to carry a little girl out of her house and through a whole village, even along the shore, without her getting scared and making a fuss unless she was unconscious or incapacitated, and i don't believe he was able to make friends with her so she would willingly leave with him in the flat without waking everyone else there.
Yes I have 3 girls under 6. I agree with most of what you say. This seems the likely scenario or at least very close to it. I don't word things as well as wtiger and I had a few glasses of whisky when i wrote that.

It’s getting a bit heated but here’s my problem...

On the surface we have a very simple case. Overwhelming evidence, a clear wrongun and a truly ridiculous defence. It took probably minutes for the jury to unanimously find him guilty. We’re not talking about a miscarriage here!

However, I feel the investigation had one target from the start and didn’t veer from this. Firstly, the cctv and telling the mum to check a very specific time. Why? That’s unusual and pretty much ruined any chance of an alibi and put him very near to the scene.

Secondly in cases like this, it’s almost always immediate family. This is a sad reality. It was never considered as it had to be the wrongun. The family aren’t a normal set up with loads of step and half prefixes used. The dad is also a drug dealer. Their version has changed regarding the door being unlocked, sleepwalking, arguing outside, domestic violence, suspicious comments for the best, phone contact etc. They also planted the seeds to check cctv.

If it’s not family, my next concern would be known sex offenders or violent individuals. We know they live in this town and previously a paedo ring was operating and targeting broken families with drugs and drink. Were these people questioned and asked to provide alibis? No need as they now had their guy.

Next we have the narrative telling. It’s like we got the killer and worked backwards to explain it. We were told he was a loser that everyone knew on instinct was dangerous. Yet he clearly isn’t. He’s a popular lad with girlfriends, parties and all the latest toys. We are told he killed and skinned animals. Not seen this verified but feels almost cliche now. We are told he nearly killed a girl as a child. Again don’t think this has been verified but the message is that he’s progressed. We are told of a sexual assault he videoed. Again no details only that he’s deprived and dangerous. We are told about knives. Again not confirmed. We are told words his absent father said to describe him. Then we have drugs, drug debts, violent video games, drunk mum and other common wrongs thrown in. All this builds up a picture that isn’t supported by the glimpses we see on his videos.

If you look at the evidence then it’s weird. No dna of note at the flat (one fingerprint on the chair rail makes no sense as it means no gloves but doesn’t touch anything) despite entering an unknown premises in the dark and not knowing what to expect. What if he had walked in on the dad having a session with half a dozen mates? The fibres are circumstantial and only marked as similar. The hoodie is inadmissible due to contamination.

It just feels strange a crime has happened and immediately someone is suspect number one when there’s better suited suspects. We then have a false narrative confirming this guy is a monster and to fit the person we want to convict.

My personal opinion is that the right guy has been caught but there’s more to this and it reeks of a cover up.

Just posting because I've been following these threads for the last week since I found the site linked on Twitter.

I've lived on the island since 2000, met Alesha about a month before she died, worked with two of the people mentioned in the media and know countless others. There are definitely other local rumours about AC I've heard that haven't been reported on, I'm not sure how much of it is "Rothesay Rumours".

I had no doubt in my mind that he was guilty. I don't believe anyone else was involved or that there's any kind of cover up. My biggest fear was that it was going to be a Not Proven verdict but to my mind, all the evidence was conclusive and that's just what we saw through Twitter and the media. I can't imagine having to sit on the jury for this case and see everything.

I just hope the community can begin to heal now and all of Alesha's family can focus on keeping her memory alive.

I don't think it's weird she was asked to check the CCTV at this time. This is about 10-20 mins after the missed calls were made to Rab and Toni is it not? I read on another site a local saying he was a creep and everyone knew it. I think TG received messages from people and knew that he had tried to contact her and Rab just before the abduction. It's just common sense. As soon as they know that his Mum has CCTV then they tell her to check it from 2 am onwards. I think people are over-thinking this case. It seems pretty clear to me. It's rare that all questions are answered in murder investigations unless the murderer fully confesses so all in all I think we have been quite lucky that so much evidence is there to see of this boy's guilt and he can rot in jail for hopefully the rest of his life. I hope he feels deep loneliness for the rest of his days for what he did because it is just the worst of all crimes.

So young her mum and so much dignity.

Imagine facing what she has faced at any age, never mind in her early 20s.
Her previous social media shows a woman who is a lot fuller figured than she is now. I hope she has life long support. I can't even imagine how it must feel to have sent away your child to stay with another parent for their usual holidays, only for them never to return and for it to happen in such a way. So much admiration for her.

For anyone not sure of all the known timings, here's the timeline from Page One of this thread.
These are timings based on court testimonies - they don't include details provided via third party, hearsay, someone's aunt, or the neighbour round the corner.
The only timing we do not have an accurate record for is TMs visit to the bathroom. I have put it between 10.30 and 12 midnight. It could of course be later than midnight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 pm – 1030.pm : Alesha in living room area of house - put to bed by RM with dvd

unspecified time : TM goes to bathroom, then goes to Alesha room, closes door fully

12 midnight or just after : grandmother hears Alesha call out for Peppa Pig

12.22 am : Suspect and mother have argument at suspect's home

12.30 am : Suspect's friends leave his house, suspect's 14 yr old sister accompanies them

01.39 am Suspect texts or Facebook call to RM

01.47 am Suspect / or his sister / or suspect using sisters Facebook account - call to TM

01.54 am Suspect leaves his home, wearing jog pants, trainers , hoodie. Walks in direction of Rothesay and goes past Alesha grandparents home

02.26 am cctv ( Mr McLachlan home ) spots figure walking past his house - shore line - with something on their back. When later asked, Mr McL says he presumed it was somebody carrying a child.

02. 26 am - cctv footage from home of Shari Strathie, who lives 2 doors down from Mr McLachlan.Footage shows movement along the shoreline. She says to her, it looks like a figure walking past her house carrying another person.“You can see the legs hanging down and moving” she says.

03.35 am Suspect returns to his home - from a different direction - accesses his house by jumping over back wall. Does not have hoodie with him.

03.35 to 03.44 m. bathroom light is switched on during this time, mother hears sound of boiler switching on, presume suspect is having shower

03.45 am suspect leaves his home, wearing only shorts , no shoes, carrying what appears to be a black tee shirt

03.52 am suspect returns home

03.58 am suspect leaves home, fully clothed, running, with a torch

04.07 am suspect returns home, now walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics