Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may not be remembering correctly but I could have sworn the "shack" turned out to be an outbuilding on RL's property with no evidence of value at all within.

I don’t remember seeing a home nearby what I saw in the video but that’s very possible. It’s been a loooong time since I’ve seen that video.

When there’s no info or media attention for extended periods of time and suddenly info is given I always feel like something big is coming. I hope and pray that’s the case.
jmo

Majority of us feel that way and are hoping for that !!! This case consumed my life for the first year ... it was all I read and researched about !!! I want nothing more than justice. I know carter feels like the same! He will never stop fighting for Abby and Libby!

The ISP said something to the effect if
"we are just getting started now"

The sketch they released today was drawn 2/17/2017, just 3 days after finding Abby and Libby. It was done by the ISP police sketch artist from a witness (or witnesses?) description.
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

Maybe, finally, some detail of information provided by a witness or forensics has been substantiated and now they know where to look.

I now understand why the family left angry. I would likely have been in handcuffs. How could you go for two years and let people chase a ghost. If you had multiple sketches from multiple witnesses, the prudent thing to do would be to release them all and give folks the ability to explain their presence at the trail that day or be turned in for possible involvement. TWO YEARS!!!! What if he had killed again in that timeframe (and maybe he has)? Someone should lose their job over this. IMHO

I remember watching a video on YT where a “shack” was shown in the distance. For the life of me I can’t remember who posted it but they were talking about the case. It reminded me of a small dilapidated outbuilding located in the wooded area. I think but I’m not certain that it was talked about here on WS back in the day.
I remember an article from the DM pictured a shed on the property the bodies were found on. I don't remember a shack, though. Imo

I thought maybe the way the media was all using the specific phrase "New Direction" could also be a clue to rattle the suspect. It sounded like it could be the name of a church or ministry or rehab, etc. I couldn't find anything called that in the area though.

Also, there is a place called the "Smoke Shack" in Delphi, looks like a restaurant or something. Again, just throwing random stuff out there to share. Not saying there's any connections.

They will never give the COD until the suspect is in custody and going to trial! That isn’t something you can say without jeopardizing the whole case.

The girls were found around noon on the 14th!

They were found the next day because the night before, searches had been called off! I believe people still searched, but with it being dark, made it difficult.

We aren’t sure why there was description of vehicle ...everyone has theories.
Thank you, very helpful.
so does LE speculate that the girls were somehow coerced or
forced to go "down the hill" to where they were found?
were they tied up when found?

Finally! By the time I got home from work last night and was ready to post, the thread was locked. Once it opened back up my internet was giving me trouble. Yikes!

Everything below is MOO.

I'm confused about a couple of things and I seriously don't understand why some of this information couldn't have been shown to us 2 years ago. That little bit of extra voice, a tiny bit of video showing the BG's gait, and the information about a car could have been shown to us long ago without compromising anything. I'll never understand not showing the public this earlier.

I found it odd that the Public were invited to attend the Press Conference and given several days prior notice. Is this not unusual? Who did they want to make sure was there?

The reference to The Shack kinda blew me away. There is a message in that reference for sure. Which message that is remains to be seen but it's inclusion in the Press Conference is significant.

The reaction of the family could be twofold depending on the reality of the reporting. They either are angry that this information wasn't released earlier or horrified by the notion that they may know who did this and it hits close to home. They could have been terribly upset as they thought an arrest was going to be announced and they couldn't handle the disappointment. It could be all of the above.

I believe that every word spoken in that Press Conference was carefully chosen and intentional. There is no question in my mind that the Press Conference was purposeful in creating worry in BG and soliciting a response, whatever that may be. Flee, turn yourself in (not likely IMO), try changing again, whatever. I am convinced they have eyes on someone.

Finally, I believe that you can be purposeful in your words and some actions, but I think the type of emotion shown yesterday by LE, showed something much more than "acting". I saw intense raw anguish, anger and disbelief. A horrible reckoning that has shaken LE to the core. I do believe they have someone in their sights. I believe they know who did this and they need something or someone to put the final piece of the puzzle together for them.

They are VERY close. VERY.

Finally, maybe today is the day.
Two thoughts on timing of the presser and advance notice. Some people are known to travel home for an Easter weekend. Easter brings family together. Advance notice put the case on everyone’s minds. Not only might a local perp temporarily living away from home possibly be visiting still on Monday, but after having spent a weekend with family, others may have suddenly had puzzle pieces drop into place by Monday’s announcement. So you have two effects here - 1 - possibly bringing a perp home and 2- shocking family of perp into suddenly seeing something they missed before.

Thank you, very helpful.
so does LE speculate that the girls were somehow coerced or
forced to go "down the hill" to where they were found?
were they tied up when found?

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Everything we know is here! You will see a video of the killer along with audio telling the girls “down the hill”... Libby was smart enough to take pictures and video of her killer!!!

Some random thoughts or mainly questions having slept on it:

The car: No one will remember if they saw a car at that location during those hours on that day two years ago, especially not without a description. If LE knows there was a car there they would know kind of what it looked like, so why wouldn't they mention it? And if they don't know what it looked like, how do they know it was there? What was the point of mentioning the car?

The audio: Why didn't they release that before? Surely they don't think BG is the only person in the world who says "guys." Seemed like a pointless update to me, but I'm sure it wasn't. How could it be relevant?

The video: Yeah, look at him moving, but don't take note of his limp, that is because the bridge is difficult to walk on. Seems equally pointless as the added audio that adds nothing new, and you'd think they could have released from the beginning. Why show it if we're not to take note of his gait?

The sketch: Was a game-changer for sure. Where does it come from? How do they know he doesn't have a beard and looks scruffy anymore? How do they know he might appear younger than his age? ???????

The message to BG: Lots of religious references, talk about conscience and shame, calling him a coward. It was very specific imo. Did BG leave something at the scene that makes them think he's this kind of person?

I feel this whole news conference was for the killer, from how they announced it in advance inviting the public, his emotional behaviour and the way he was looking around the room, mention of the car that the public unlikely can remember, the choice of words. Etc.

I'm 50/50 on if they actually know who it is, or if it's just a new tactic to lure him out using what they know. It was certainly the strangest news conference I've ever watched.

I share a lot of your same thoughts and questions.

An area I'd like to elaborate on is the car, because it has been brought up in multiple posts. At first I also thought it was strange that LE didn't give specifics about its make, colour or model but after mulling it over for a while I'm thinking it was a calculated choice so they would avoid getting a barrage of useless tips. Lets say for example they cited it as a 'white truck', then they'd likely be getting tips about everyone in town who owns a white truck. I'm thinking it was probably the only vehicle parked in that lot on Feb 13th during the hours of 12-5pm (since the building was abandoned you wouldn't expect any vehicles in the lot, so it would stand out as suspicious). As a witness passing/driving by, you either saw a vehicle there or you didn't, it doesn't really matter the make, model, or colour. Also, LE specifically asks for information about the 'identity of the driver of the car parked....' not tips about the vehicle.

The 'guys' thing is rough.
On the one hand, I'd hate to see it take over the thread.

On the other - LE released additional audio where the ONLY thing new is the word 'guys'. I am guessing that it's in the hope that someone who knows this a-hole recognizes his voice, but even so, it's hard not to focus on that.

My two cents - I use 'guys' a lot, but it's typically with people I am familiar with, at the least.

I share a lot of your same thoughts and questions.

An area I'd like to elaborate on is the car, because it has been brought up in multiple posts. At first I also thought it was strange that LE didn't give specifics about its make, colour or model but after mulling it over for a while I'm thinking it was a calculated choice so they would avoid getting a barrage of useless tips. Lets say for example they cited it as a 'white truck', then they'd likely be getting tips about everyone in town who owns a white truck. I'm thinking it was probably the only vehicle parked in that lot on Feb 13th during the hours of 12-5pm (since the building was abandoned you wouldn't expect any vehicles in the lot, so it would stand out as suspicious). As a witness passing/driving by, you either saw a vehicle there or you didn't, it doesn't really matter the make, model, or colour. Also, LE specifically asks for information about the 'identity of the driver of the car parked....' not tips about the vehicle.

Did you use the example of "white truck" because of the WRTV b-roll footage of the search? Right at the beginning of that it looks to me like there's a white truck parked in what appears to be the area, but I'm not 100% sure...Here's the clip:

EDIT: Nevermind, I think this truck they show is across the street.

I’ve been heavily leaning towards a religious angle since the presser, but could the perp be part of the media? Wants to know what we know, could be in this room, never thought we’d go in this direction....

I’m just throwing thoughts out there. Might somehow be related to the 2 weeks of no media thing- maybe they want to give him some leash for some reason (?)

Very interesting angle, but I believe that Sgt. Carter’s emotions more allude to this crime having been a betrayal of trust. And few of us trust the media to begin with — and I’m not making light of this horror.

I still hold that this is a person in a position of some authority, and that authority can represent many walks of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa