Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the district attorney. Retired
You just made me think of something. Did not somebody leave Law Enforcement after this happen, and said he would come back if things changed. And now he is back? I'm trying to remember the specifics and I can't, but perhaps he was somebody who did not believe the original thing and left, and now that they have changed directions he is back on? I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear on this, but perhaps somebody understands.
and then very recently returned

Last edited:
Has LE ever organized a community volunteer DNA submittal project?

Since they are pretty sure the suspect is from the Delphi area: “They believe he either still lives and works in Delphi, or frequently visits.”
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

And because they have DNA: “On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered.” DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

Obviously BG wouldn’t show up to such an event, but if he’s from the area he probably has family in the area. And perhaps using familiar DNA they could narrow it down to a suspect pool from there.

Make a big community event about it encouraging all to submit as a sign of community support and dedication of justice for Abby & Libby. Maybe even a press conference announcing it.

Have they done something like this?

I wonder if that's legal, it probably is. I wouldn't involuntarily give up my DNA.

Grandfather of one of murdered Indiana teens speaks out | Daily Mail Online

' Grandfather of one of murdered Indiana teens tells of family's devastation as police say 'we're back to square one'

The article is dated today. EST Thursday, Apr 25th 2019
Is he talking into some device?

That was my thought. If you look closely at the video, it looks like at one point it is held up to his mouth and he speaks into it. I was thinking a two way radio, or mini walkie talkie. If you google them om Amazon, you will see they can be carried with a lanyard and earphone. Could explain the cord like things around his neck. So he could have been using these to avoid a phone ping. The other end could be a driver or a lookout.

For what it's worth - "The Shack" was featured on Lifetime Channel on Easter Sunday. Seems it was nothing more than convenient reference for Carter of what he watched the night before. MOO

Lifetime
Ha! Wow, great find.

Not that I approve of him watching the Lifetime Channel, but that explains the reference.

For what it's worth - "The Shack" was featured on Lifetime Channel on Easter Sunday. Seems it was nothing more than convenient reference for Carter of what he watched the night before. MOO

Lifetime

Oh dear, hope not .... that sounds like blathering incompetence. Hopefully he at least thought it might tug at BG’s religious heartstrings MOO

This is the first time I've posted but I wanted to share some of my thoughts with everyone...

• My first thought when looking at the newly released sketch is...he has a 'baby face'
    • I see chubby cheeks...and if he has reddish/brown hair I could see them possibly reddening easy
    • I also think that this could tie into the POI looking younger than he actually is
    • I feel like he is in the age range of 20-30 at this time
      • I know the voice sounds deep and of an older person...but I'm from southern Indiana and I know many people in that age range with some very deep voices
  • I feel like he has to be local and extremely comfortable with that area...the park/bridge/roads the whole 9 yards
    • I feel like he grew up there and spent a large amount of time in that park and probably knew the area like the back of his hand
      • Perhaps this park/trail area is/was indeed his 'backyard' so to say
    • In the very, very short clip of video that has been provided I get a very confident vibe from him, hands in pockets and walking closer to the edge of the bridge than most generally would
  • More on the video clip...
    • I feel like whatever the POI is wearing is probably irrelevant at this point...law enforcement is more interested in people examining his behavior and movement than they are with what he has on in the video
      • That leads me to believe that whatever they have determined that he has on is something that is very ordinary to the area...nothing that is going to jump out at someone to be recognizable or memorable...more than likely neutral toned/plain shirts, boots or hiking shoes of some sort and basic blue jeans.
  • I do not feel like Abby and Libby were planned targets, I think this was a completely random act and they were unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    • I feel like the probably had some sort of 'kit' with him so to speak...but we have no idea what sort of weapons he had on him at the time
      • Regardless...it doesn't take a whole lot of room to hide a knife, gun, taser, or anything of that sort
  • I also feel like the attacker is someone that is maybe not very popular with the ladies.
    • Maybe in his day to day life he's a very insecure and introverted person
    • I feel like Valentine's Day played a big role in this attack, perhaps he was turned down for a date or maybe a girl he had been talking to either in person or online ended things abruptly with him..."ghosted him" if you will.
    • I sense rage as well...which unfortunately leads me to think that a knife was maybe involved...knives are usually used in more rage filled killings...at least that's the theory I have.
  • For some reason I get this vibe that he has a very overbearing mother...
    • I feel like she may be the one that is involved with the church and maybe drags him along
    • She could also be a school teacher in the area
    • I feel like she was/is very strict with what he does/wears...maybe she even buys his clothes still? That could explain the plainness of them and the 'dad jeans'
    • I think that the officer could have been referring to his mother when he said "what are those closest to you going to think when they find out what you've done?"...like what is your mother going to think of you when she finds out you did this? ...and I feel like that will bother him a great deal
  • I also do not think that he himself has children
    • I think he could be an uncle or have younger siblings...maybe around the age of Abby and Libby
  • I've been trying to think about how he got the girls to 'obey' him...I think they probably assumed and he probably even told them that if they did as he said and 'obeyed' him that he'd let them go.
    • I could see him handcuffing them together or something as well, to keep them corralled so to speak...that way he didn't have to worry about one taking off or one trying to attack or overpower him in some way
      • I don't think either girl would have willingly left the other one...but how would he know that?
  • I haven't really sat and thought about the car or any of that part of this puzzle yet...but hopefully somebody finds this random babbling of mine somewhat insightful.

Clearly this is all my own opinion and I have no actual clue as to what took place on that day.

Welcome to WS and great first post!

I’m sure they did, but law enforcement hasn’t released that information.

There are some things on that phone, that’s for sure.
Some months later BP had to file something in court on Apple. I forget if it was to release the contents on the phone or I believe it was to get the password released so she could access the photos Libby had stored. Maybe cloud password.

I made my partner watch the press conference from earlier this week as he is a barrister in Australia (so his ideas might have an Aussie sway), but he has a few thoughts:
  • There is no way that anyone in the public would remember that car, absolutely none. That was purely a scare tactic to get someone to come forward who has memory of parking there. It may be a family member of BG or BG himself - but whoever it is will either want to know what police know by identifying themselves as the car owner, or try and remove themselves from being criminally investigated by coming forward
  • He has seen cases where police release an image that is actually of a family member of the perp rather than the perp themselves. Another scare tactic. I am unsure about his angle here as LE have specifically stated the sketch is of BG.

Right. All we know is what the police tell us, and they are permitted to be deceptive in the course of an investigation.

Interesting take on the car. This may be why they gave no identifying information like type, make or model.

LE didn’t ask for identification of the car. They want to know the identity of its driver, supported by the newly released sketch. Since they didn’t release any details of the car, I don’t know but my imagination takes me to LE getting swamped with 10,000 tips of any person found on SM owning, say for example a ‘05 black Ford Focus.

State police receive a thousand tips since new Delphi evidence release
Police are still asking for tips. They should be sent to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

Police request that tips include the following information:
  • Suspect's name
  • Date of birth or approximate age
  • Physical description including height, weight, hair color, eye color
  • Address or location including city
  • Vehicle information including year, make, model, color
  • Specific reason for the tip. Why could they be the suspect?
  • Motivation for the crime
  • Connection to Delphi, IN
Police say you don't need to have all of those pieces to send a tip, but do ask you include as many details as you can.

Oh dear, hope not .... that sounds like blathering incompetence. Hopefully he at least thought it might tug at BG’s religious heartstrings MOO

I don’t get why people are looking so deep into “The Shack” reference. It’s literally a movie about a young girl who was murdered and how people cope with it, it’s clearly relatable to the situation LE finds themselves in, it doesn’t have to be any deeper than that.

I have some newer enhancements but I am gonna wait till the next thread opens and this locks so I am not spamming.

Thank you for these enhancements.
I know everyone is focused on the new face, I am staring at the movement and outline of the right side of his jacket to include the pocket.
IMO
Left hand appears to be placed firmly in his left jean pocket
He looks heavier in the video because his jacket is stuffed with unknown items. His right hand and arm appear to be holding/shifting these things into place.

This is sort of uncomfortable to watch knowing what he was going to do.
It's the first time I have thought his chin is partially obscured by the black and white thing. It seems to stand out away from his body partly. And I think I could detect the black is part of it, not just a white thing.

Anyone else think the white thing could be the tubing from a hydration vest and the black is part of the mouthpiece?

Thank you for these enhancements.
I know everyone is focused on the new face, I am staring at the movement and outline of the right side of his jacket to include the pocket.
IMO
Left hand appears to be placed firmly in his left jean pocket
He looks heavier in the video because his jacket is stuffed with unknown items. His right hand and arm appear to be holding/shifting these things into place.
Yes! There is a lot under that jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member