Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since capital punishment is allowed in schools there, does that mean hitting your own children is considered ok too? It seems like there would be a very fine line in determining what is abuse and what is not. Imo
And yes, the word "whooped" was used, which implies hitting, spanking, or beating, I believe. I have never heard them use the word "whipped" until now, which implies something else altogether.

BBM
I think you meant to say corporal punishment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait.

BB isn't sure if DV was abusing Maleah now?

What about everything QX said? Are we supposed to believe he discovered all of that thru his "investigation" and none of that came from BB's lips? Now she wasn't upset how he was "whooping" her and she doesn't think he was molesting Maleah?

Seriously...you can't backpeddle from that. There's no reigning in claims of physical and sexual abuse. You don't get to just change your mind.
Such a tangled web. The truth never changes. So the stories shouldn't change either.
MOO

They may not have told them that she was missing. My daughter is 3.5 and will ask about students that aren't there a few days or teachers that leave and ask me if they're coming back. In fact she gets very focused on it sometimes and asks lots of questions. Kids are inquisitive and a lot more observant than sometimes we realize. Imo

I don't take anything for granted. Based on the comments from those who work at the daycare, I seriously doubt that the kids have been shielded from the media reports.

I hope they've been shielded, but it seems to me that they haven't been - and that bothers me.

ETA: I'm not accusing the daycare workers of telling the children about anything - I'm saying that it's obvious that the kids know something terrible happened to Maleah - and they heard it somewhere from someone.

Little kids need to be protected from this kind of news. I'm pissed off that they haven't been protected.

Last edited:
The big cities have so much crime that it’s hard for LE to spend time on 1 case because there’s others happening daily, I saw a bad case in Houston that was just horrible earlier this morning. They need tips to help them out because they only have so much time and effort with how many cases they have. This one is kind’ve fresh, but at the same time new cases are coming in and they’re looking for tips. I hope people continue to broadcast this and don’t let this case dwindle because tips are sorely needed. The case seems to be somewhat dwindling down with search efforts being suspended and the media cutting down and moving onto other news stories. They haven’t even talked about murder charges in several days.

I don't take anything for granted. Based on the comments from those who work at the daycare, I seriously doubt that the kids have been shielded from the media reports.

I hope they've been shielded, but it seems to me that they haven't been - and that bothers me.

I understand and agree it's inappropriate and irresponsible to share this info with impressionable and innocent children. I'm pointing out that we don't know and they aren't under investigation. It's a terrible situation all around. I'm sure the teachers are devastated and it's probably hard to hide the emotions all the time especially with it so front and center. They may even be feeling guilt over missing clues of what was going on in her life or speaking up when she was missing from school. Imo

BBM & UBM

I'm pissed off that the little ones at Maleah's daycare are even aware that she's missing.

Why aren't these children being shielded from the news? Little kids don't need to know that Maleah is missing and most likely deceased. Goodness gracious. Can anyone protect the little ones?
I agree with you.
The only thing I can say, is that if there are posters that have been put up with Maleah’s picture, or maybe they overheard things, the children will have questions about what’s happened to her :(
I know my lil ones see those posters of missing people & ask questions, so I gently explain to them that these people may be lost & their families are trying to find them. It gives us as parents an opportunity to have conversations about being safe, etc. and to tell us if they are scared about something or that someone has hurt them, etc.
It’s heartbreaking that lil ones have to see/hear these things happening & as much as we try to protect them, we really can’t :(
MOO

The big cities have so much crime that it’s hard for LE to spend time on 1 case because there’s others happening daily, I saw a bad case in Houston that was just horrible earlier this morning. They need tips to help them out because they only have so much time and effort with how many cases they have. This one is kind’ve fresh, but at the same time new cases are coming in and they’re looking for tips. I hope people continue to broadcast this and don’t let this case dwindle because tips are sorely needed. The case seems to be somewhat dwindling down with search efforts being suspended and the media cutting down and moving onto other news stories. They haven’t even talked about murder charges in several days.

It makes me so sad.I just want them to find her, lay her to rest, and get her justice. I wish I could go down there and help look for her, poor, innocent child

I doubt that. It's very unlikely that this guy would go to the extreme lengths that he did, cleaning up blood from the apartment, removing the body and disposing of it, possibly burning it, inventing a ridiculous story to cover it up if he himself was not responsible for the murder. Imo

Maybe BB told DV that she'd tell everyone he was responsible if he didn't help her cover up what happened? And he believed her? That could explain trying to eliminate support for him by saying he was having an affair with a man. And flip-flopping about abuse.

BBM

Yikes! Yes, thank you and of course it's probably too late for me to fix now since I can't even find my post!
Since I don't live in an area that allows physical punishment or spanking in schools, I wondered if it influences the way parents feel about punishing their kids in that manner, and how they differentiate abuse from regular physical punishment. It just seems like allowing it in schools might make it easier for parents to justify it and more difficult for authorities to determine what is abuse and what is not. Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand and agree it's inappropriate and irresponsible to share this info with impressionable and innocent children. I'm pointing out that we don't know and they aren't under investigation. It's a terrible situation all around. I'm sure the teachers are devastated and it's probably hard to hide the emotions all the time especially with it so front and center. They may even be feeling guilt over missing clues of what was going on in her life or speaking up when she was missing from school. Imo

Please see the ETA I added to my post. I'm not saying the daycare workers are to blame for the little kids being worried about what happened to Maleah. Childcare workers are usually very good at protecting children.

IMO, the kids heard it from their own parents - perhaps during a rant condemning DV and/or BB. Just look at how many folks showed up at the courthouse recently and shouted at BB. I have no doubt that those same folks talked openly with one another at home - while their children listened to every word.

Regardless of how a child heard about Maleah's disappearance, parents need to be careful about what they say when their children are within earshot. Little kids need to be protected from hearing about such things. Little kids need to be assured that they are safe.

It makes me so far. I just want them to find her, lay her to rest, and get her justice. I wish I could go down there and help look for her, poor, innocent child

That child could be anywhere. But, I’m going to bet if he had anything to do with it, she is somewhere close by to somewhere he lived. In the majority of these outcomes it’s always closer than people realize.

That child could be anywhere. But, I’m going to bet if he had anything to do with it, she is somewhere close by to somewhere he lived. In the majority of these outcomes it’s always closer than people realize.

Right, familiar spots to the perpetrator. A spot he knows is remote and the least likely to be caught.

Btw- that is supposed to say sad, not far

Such a tangled web. The truth never changes. So the stories shouldn't change either.
MOO
He left me. I no have no feelings for him no more. He whipped and molested Maliah. Wait, I'm not sure he abused Maliah though because I was always home. Wait, I began working in January. I don't know, this is a nightmare for me, me, me, me and me.

Judge Judy: Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!

BBM

I went and looked at a satellite view of their apartments to see how close the first patch of thick trees or something similar is. I found a small patch less than a block away. I zoomed in and saw that it's right behind the day care.

There's also a huge area just a little bit north of there that looks like empty land and dirt paths. It doesn't have a label that makes sense. I'll go to my phone and screenshot it and mark it up.

Whipped sound much better that whooped. Maleah was taken to the hospital three times within a span of twenty five days July 10th - August 3,2018.

DV was out of work. And according to BB she had only been working for several months. That is a lot of stress on a family , add in living not on your own, but with your mother/girlfriend's mother and it gets more volatile.

I'm trying to remember which thread had DV walking in the parking lot and getting in a car. When was his car not running?

ETA: I'm not accusing the daycare workers of telling the children about anything - I'm saying that it's obvious that the kids know something terrible happened to Maleah - and they heard it somewhere from someone.

Little kids need to be protected from this kind of news. I'm pissed off that they haven't been protected.
It’s been all over the local news, posters, etc. they could have been exposed anywhere really.
I agree. If I recall correctly, the elapsed time from when he left with the basket, and when he was seen again wasn’t that long.

Curious- where was MD's older brother during this? He's definitely old enough to understand if Maleah was hurt. Did DV go to work on May 2nd? I think his "flu" was probably his body reacting to the horrific things he had done

Ok, the yellow circle is the closest area to the apartments that seemed heavily treed. The blue circle is the playground for the day care M attended.

Attachments

• C8AF6265-27BB-41CE-8601-700EB5932A88.jpeg
    C8AF6265-27BB-41CE-8601-700EB5932A88.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 46
  • A72B77AC-51DB-44FF-9401-756E92BE98A5.jpeg
    A72B77AC-51DB-44FF-9401-756E92BE98A5.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 43
It’s been all over the local news, posters, etc. they could have been exposed anywhere really.

I agree. If I recall correctly, the elapsed time from when he left with the basket, and when he was seen again wasn’t that long.

Ah you mean when he leaves with the basket and when he arrives back after that on camera? But also consider that he may have had someone else assist and drop him off and take the car back out to dispose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trent72