Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have felt LE building up some great momentum in this case ever since the April 22nd presser and then with the GMA interview and the other interview after that. CrimeCon this past weekend also would have given this case some excellent exposure as well and hopefully some of the right eyes and ears received some information.
I'm wondering, if LE monitored the audience during the CrimeCon part re Abby+Libby and picked someone out of the crowd .... or perhaps NOT and that would have been telling to them as well, IF they suspect a certain person/face.

I think he saw someone in the audience that rattled his nerves. He starts the PC OK but seems to get really rattled part way through. Even though he said that the killer may be in the room, I think when he actually saw the person or a person closely connected to him, he found it hard to focus.
I rather think, he had to speak according to concept, but he knew very well at the beginning, the killer was not in the room. Pretending to wonder, if he was there or pretending to assume, he certainly was there - THAT might have been a problem for C. and made him confuse a little bit. The whole "new" strategy, publicly beginning at the PC (intern for weeks earlier), seems to be very difficult and doesn't allow a single mistake. All IMO MOO.

I know this has been asked and discussed 1000 times already, and now 1001.

Who would know that trail like the back of their hand?

Someone who frequently explored it as a child
Someone paid to maintain it in some way
A fisherman, hunter, or?
Forestry?
Boy Scout?

Locals, what else?

Amateur opinion and speculation

KG said, in the second Renner interview, that the bridge was popular with kids her age. So, teenagers and/or people who grew up in Delphi would definitely know the area.

People interested in bridge/trail restoration would know it too.

Not pointing fingers. Just adding to who would know that area.

I agree. I wonder if somehow, someone inadvertently provided a smaller time frame for the BG to kill the girls. It could have been a simple mistake, or a lapse in memory.

One of the examples how mistakes with time happen is something that I am sure did not occur in this case, but is not uncommon. I do not bother to change the car clock during transition to winter savings time. But if you ask anyone else driving my car about the time, they (not knowing my habit), may erroneously add an hour.

There might be tons of reason why people may be mistaken about the time.

BBM - Me too. I don’t think it was intentional. The person that made the FB post (which was used as a reference in at least one media article/timeline) with that specific time was a family friend who participated in the search that evening. I think they were rattled by what was going on and made a mistake.

Another poster said they saw the original pic with a time stamp. I haven’t seen that and I’m still looking for it.

- People who enjoy walking trails (it's the biggest and closest to town).
- Kids who went there frequently as a field trip
- People who live within walking distance
- People who like to get out and picnic
- Amateur photographers (it's popular place for senior pictures, wedding pix, etc.)
- People who grew up going and now take their kids
- People who use it for a popular family friendly hobby that we're not meant to discuss
- Train/rail enthusiasts
- People who like to walk and exercise and don't want to use the track at the school

A volunteer groups keeps it clean. Not much hunting goes on there. Fishing is further upstream or down, not right there in the park (it's not such a good place to catch anything within that 1-mile stretch).

People who owned a dog and wanted Fido to have a nice long walk for a myriad of reasons. Maybe the vet recommended Fido lose 15 lbs. Fido was a high-energy dog and the walk helped burn off energy. Teaching a puppy how to walk on a leash. Owner wants to tire Fido out before bedtime. A dogsitter taking Fido out while the owners were away on a vacation. Fido had some sort of injury and walking would help the injury heal. Fido was being trained as a therapy dog and was being acclimated to being around people of all ages and types in a public setting. A foster family taking long-term care of a military person's dog while the military person was on deployment to Iraq, Afghanistan, or elsewhere. (There are networks of families set up who will foster military personnel dogs).

I believe the original SC photo had the time stamp.

I have not seen any with the timestamp. The only ones I’ve seen say 7 hours ago and I believe they were posted to her story. You can add a timestamp to your SC photos though. I just haven’t seen it.

Just wanted to jump in and agree that there is/was a picture that had the 2:07 time stamp. I'm feverishly looking for it. I know I saw it, though.
I'm currently watching another person's video and that confirms it, but, not an approved source on here.

I'm wondering, if LE monitored the audience during the CrimeCon part re Abby+Libby and picked someone out of the crowd .... or perhaps NOT and that would have been telling to them as well, IF they suspect a certain person/face.

I know I was scanning the rooms at CrimeCon during all the Delphi discussions. It was incredibly surreal to sit in the same room with the families of Abby and Libby. And they were a cohesive unit, too, so I did not get the sense there were any "issues" between the families, like we have read (via rumors) here on Websleuths. Kelsi's smile was absolutely contagious. I wanted to give her a hug, but I was a little shy to bother any of them, so I settled on giving a small donation and a smile at their booth.

I have never been able to even remotely IMAGINE why they would have changed sketches and directions if it were not because they had someone specific in their "sights." Like a few others here, I've always thought since that last presser that they are requesting tips and further information to shore up their case in court. I really to this day think an arrest is imminent. I pray daily for these families that TODAY is the DAY.

One idea. I don’t know when exactly the girls died. But I think they might have been randomly attacked for a simple reason.

It gets dark early in winter. And everyone says that the way down the hill is treacherous. So he had to abduct whoever was there before the sunset. And march them down the steep hill before dark, otherwise they won’t be able to get down safely. The rest I have no clue about, did he kill them immediately, or hid somewhere till later? But maybe he was hunting from earlier time, and simply did not find attractive lonely person on the SE end of the bridge, of his style? And then it was, “it is getting dark soon, this is the best I can get today”. Because I think he wanted them to be found on February 14th, or preferred it.

KG said, in the second Renner interview, that the bridge was popular with kids her age. So, teenagers and/or people who grew up in Delphi would definitely know the area.

People interested in bridge/trail restoration would know it too.

Not pointing fingers. Just adding to who would know that area.

Would anyone have benefitted from the trails being linked to a notorious crime and becoming less popular or being refused funding for further development/improvement?

Could any group or individual benefit or suffer financially from the standing of the trails?

There seems to be a real complex interweaving of Politics/Business/Church/Community in most walks of Delphi life IMO.

Could someone have seen the Act against the Girls as an attack infact against the Trails and/or Bridge , or a Person or Group with particular interest or concern (financial or historic or hobbyist)?

Conversely and even more stretching required, could the Act have highlighted the need for safety and improvement (lighting/cameras etc) that need funding?

Would anyone have benefitted from the trails being linked to a notorious crime and becoming less popular or being refused funding for further development/improvement?

Could any group or individual benefit or suffer financially from the standing of the trails?

There seems to be a real complex interweaving of Politics/Business/Church/Community in most walks of Delphi life IMO.

Could someone have seen the Act against the Girls as an attack infact against the Trails and/or Bridge , or a Person or Group with particular interest or concern (financial or historic or hobbyist)?

Conversely and even more stretching required, could the Act have highlighted the need for safety and improvement (lighting/cameras etc) that need funding?

This has been discussed in the past, but IMO, it is extremely unlikely. I doubt the killer was politically motivated.

ETA: They would have just been pushed off the bridge, I think, if this was the motivation.

BBM - Me too. I don’t think it was intentional. The person that made the FB post (which was used as a reference in at least one media article/timeline) with that specific time was a family friend who participated in the search that evening. I think they were rattled by what was going on and made a mistake.

Another poster said they saw the original pic with a time stamp. I haven’t seen that and I’m still looking for it.

I don’t think it was intentional, either, I am not even sure that the person caught his/ her mistake. Or maybe it is difficult to acknowledge, after two years.

Last edited:

That is an extremely weird motivation. All aspiring politicians want to have a stellar record, for career advancement. Double murder somehow tarnishes their future. Real life is not “House of Cards”.

I understand that politicians are afraid of something being dug out in their past, but even in this unlikely case, they’d probably first resort to bribery, or threats.

I have never been able to even remotely IMAGINE why they would have changed sketches and directions if it were not because they had someone specific in their "sights." Like a few others here, I've always thought since that last presser that they are requesting tips and further information to shore up their case in court. I really to this day think an arrest is imminent. I pray daily for these families that TODAY is the DAY.
MOO, both sketches were based on the video from the phone, but the guy in charge thought he saw a hat AND a possible older man, he went with that sketch. Over the time since then the video has been scrutinized and it was determined that there was no hat and the man was younger.

I know I was scanning the rooms at CrimeCon during all the Delphi discussions. It was incredibly surreal to sit in the same room with the families of Abby and Libby. And they were a cohesive unit, too, so I did not get the sense there were any "issues" between the families, like we have read (via rumors) here on Websleuths. Kelsi's smile was absolutely contagious. I wanted to give her a hug, but I was a little shy to bother any of them, so I settled on giving a small donation and a smile at their booth.

Thanks for your summary! It’s really great to know the families remain cohesive in their endeavour to seek answers. Was Sgt Riley present as well? If so that also puts rumours at rest over the families being on the outs with the investigation taking on a new direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member