Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Plus even if it did take an hour, its only about 10-12 minutes to Hatch Park from SLC airport. That's a lot of time in between. Unless she sat at the airport and was arranging things and had time she needed to waste?
OR, she had to wait for the person to get to the park- maybe her meet-up had to travel to get there. So, it’s extremely possible she’s up to an hour away from Hatch Park. Just thinking here......MOO

All this MOO

If she had checked luggage, that would help explain the time lapse between landing, and arriving at the park. It also makes it much less likely that she walked to any place from the park. Almost certain that she was picked up by a car.

Did the Lyft driver see her make a connection with her ride, or did he drive off, leaving her standing there with luggage at her feet? I find the latter hard to believe—but it certainly would be a situation that could attract a predator.

I think the police should offer a description of her luggage, because, just in case there has been foul play, it has probably been dumped somewhere.

I'm stuck on the part about "she wasn't at the park long".

So I'm thinking that means someone else was there and she left with them? Hopefully there is some camera footage. Or perhaps her phone records show she (the phone) moved quickly after drop off?

I'm about 15% thinking Lyft driver, 50% thinking older man that she met up with and she decided it wasn't what she expected and he lost temper and 35% a young man she knew and thought she could trust who possibly tricked her into coming to park.

MOO

At least things are moving now.

Hatch park seems interesting place to meet - if this is some ongoing affair, or even a sugar daddy tryst...wonder if this was a regular 'hook up' spot
Sure would be amazing if there was surveillance, well, in general - but to go into the past & see if Kenzie & mystery person regularly met up there - I think it was previously stated though that there is NOT surveillance there. If ever met during day - maybe get a good look at this person, identify a car etc. Fingers crossed something like this surfaces
However, a lack of surveillance is probably why mystery person wished to meet there :(

Yes and this wasn’t the guys first time. I’m really worried about her safety. There are so many psychos in all classes of life out there looking for a young naive girl.

Surely she would have known the risk. Again, she must have trusted this person or met with him before. Moo.

I anticipate the media is blowing up now, as this case has all the makings for a story they feed on. Young attractive college student, potentially sexually scandalous elements... I’m anticipating LE may have to hold a PC to address all this soon. They must be bombarded right now, moo.

ETA: Her friends also put together that PC so LE may also feel more obligated or pressured as a result.

ETA2: If this case is not resolved soon, you can guarantee it will be featured on Dateline and all those shows, moo.

Last edited:
Can photos from a burner phone be traced back to said phone? I honestly don't know. But it does look like she had multiple social media accounts, and I am wondering if her photos would at least be able to indicate that there was more than one phone at play.

I agree that it shouldn't have taken that long especially at that time of night. Unless there is a a major delay, in SLC you can get off the plane and get your luggage and be out to the curb within 20-30 minutes. I don't think many, if any, restaurants or shops are open in the airport at that time. The one thing that might have delayed them is road construction. I believe they were closing the ramp from the airport onto east I-80 sometime in June for repairs. They do a lot of road repairs in the middle of the night in SLC on major roads. Perhaps they ran into construction during the Lyft ride.

It was closed when I left the airport last week. I actually picked a friend up at the airport on Tuesday around midnight. But there were zero traffic delays. You just exit onto North Temple and then you can get on the highway from Redwood Rd.

Sometimes you have to wait on the plane after landing, then you go to the bathroom, find the luggage carousel, wait for your luggage, find the lyft/Uber spot and then wait for your car. Imo this can take a total of an hour easily. Especially if she was making calls to arrange a meeting time/place with this certain someone

Intrigued with this thought...I'm wondering if ML hung out at the airport for a while before taking the Lyft because the person she was meeting wasn't able to get to Hatch Park until later on for some reason.

It would be interesting to know what time she requested the pickup from Lyft.

JMO.

Last edited:
The podcast is not why people keep bringing up the SD/SB thing, it’s because of SD/SB comments from a profile matching her name/picture on a different social media site from 12 weeks ago.

Not to make too much of the SD/SB angle, but it does look like she tagged her private SB Instagram account on a few of her recent public Instagram photos. Hopefully LE can get access to her messages on that account to see if she planned to meet up with someone on that SM page.

(Also this is my first WS post -- hopefully I didn't violate any rules!)

Can photos from a burner phone be traced back to said phone? I honestly don't know. But it does look like she had multiple social media accounts, and I am wondering if her photos would at least be able to indicate that there was more than one phone at play.
They can be traced back to multiple IP addresses. Say, if she was logging onto the same Snapchat account from two different phones, Snapchat would have that data and would know that there were two separate devices used for login/app use. It gets trickier if there are separate SM accounts used on separate devices.

Maybe the pick up person lives a distance and she had to sit at the airport and wait for him to get closer to her? The time difference leads me to think that.
Yes, this is a good idea. I think it is likely, imo.

So what kind of man (assuming it's a man) is available to meet at 2:50 am??? Doesn't he have a job in the morning? Was he up all night? Does this indicate a fellow student more than a businessman, for example?

Someone pretending to be a SD but is not (which is my hunch at this point)?

jmo

Surely she would have known the risk. Again, she must have trusted this person or met with him before. Moo.

I anticipate the media is blowing up now, as this case has all the makings for a story they feed on. Young attractive college student, potential scandal. I’m anticipating LE may have to hold a PC to address all this soon. They must be bombarded right now, moo.

ETA: Her friends also put together that PC so LE May also feel more obligated as a result.
Did you miss this?

SLC Police Dept. on Twitter
We will be holding a press conference at 2;30 p.m. MST, at the Public Safety Building with updates on the missing person case of Mackenzie Lueck. #MissingPerson #Updates #mackenzielueck
1:39 PM - 24 Jun 2019

My thinking here has evolved, and I now think foul play is a much more viable option.

I took law enforcement’s words and actions into account, under the false premise that they already had access to information that we weren’t aware of.

I thought they weren’t overly concerned, because they knew things we did not.

Now, with the revelation that they haven’t been able to dig into Kenzie’s digital records, I think they just don’t know what they are dealing with.

At the same time, I’m absolutely convinced that once those warrants are signed off on, we will have a clear picture.

If this is foul play, I think they’ll have a POI shortly after they delve through those things.

Not to make too much of the SD/SB angle, but it does look like she tagged her private SB Instagram account on a few of her recent public Instagram photos. Hopefully LE can get access to her messages on that account to see if she planned to meet up with someone on that SM page.

(Also this is my first WS post -- hopefully I didn't violate any rules!)
Welcome to Websleuths, mfmfan77! :)

They can be traced back to multiple IP addresses. Say, if she was logging onto the same Snapchat account from two different phones, Snapchat would have that data and would know that there were two separate devices used for login/app use. It gets trickier if there are separate SM accounts used on separate devices.
Thanks! That's what I am hoping here. If she's using a different phone for separate accounts, or switching between phones, at least it will tell LE that.

The airport is open all night. It’s an international airport and a HUB for delta, I believe, so it’s always open.

Thank you and welcome to WS!

Hatch park seems interesting place to meet - if this is some ongoing affair, or even a sugar daddy tryst...wonder if this was a regular 'hook up' spot
Sure would be amazing if there was surveillance, well, in general - but to go into the past & see if Kenzie & mystery person regularly met up there - I think it was previously stated though that there is NOT surveillance there. If ever met during day - maybe get a good look at this person, identify a car etc. Fingers crossed something like this surfaces
However, a lack of surveillance is probably why mystery person wished to meet there :(

Now that you mention "regular hook up spot", I hope that LE can check her car and the GPS on it, it's probably owned by her parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500