Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, at 1 AM? I find that really, really unlikely, unless there was a problem with the plane.

Agreed. Plus even if it did take an hour, its only about 10-12 minutes to Hatch Park from SLC airport. That's a lot of time in between. Unless she sat at the airport and was arranging things and had time she needed to waste?

Perhaps the threshold for requesting a phone ping, is lower than obtaining a search warrant for the records themselves.

One reason I don’t think they recovered anything physical, is that it would change the course of this investigation.

Warrants would likely be executed left and right, and this would change from a missing persons investigation, to a criminal one.
This! I actually just read about a case where LE can obtain phone pings without a warrant IF they think the person may be in danger. It varies by state, I believe. I don’t know how to do all the linking information just yet, so for now- MOO!!

Thanks for the photos.

I occasionally drive for Lyft and Uber it would have been against my better judgement to drop a female alone in the park at that hour unless I saw the other person she was meeting. I only drop my riders off in safe locations. I’m very sociable with my riders so I wonder if he or she asked who she was meeting?
Let's hope so! I doubt any name would have been mentioned but any kind of clue could help. MOO

I want to clear something up for you guys because I don't think it's been brought up yet.... "Callherdaddy" is a podcast by Barstool Sports. It's two women that joke and talk about current events and... well other things. It's just a funny podcast. My friends and I all listen to this podcast, it's just two gals with a good sense of humor. I would not let this lead anyone to think she is a SB, the podcast has nothing to do with SB/SD

It's not the "Callherdaddy" that is leading us there, it's the posts she made about that lifestyle on her SM

David Begnaud on Twitter
BREAKING: Missing University of Utah student #MackenzieLueck was dropped off at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City on June 17th. She took a @lyft to the park which is located near the 15 freeway. Police are putting out a statement with new details, soon
2:49 PM - 24 Jun 2019

David Begnaud on Twitter
She was dropped off at the park at 2:50am. Her friend told me that Mackenzie took a Lyft directly from the airport to the park. The friend says she doesn’t know who Mackenzie may’ve gone to the park to meet.
1:16 PM - 24 Jun 2019

That time is very odd. Does the airport stay open all night?

If someone did meet her at the park and it was just a "thing" I think they would be coming forward by now. Telling that they haven't, even if they are married or with someone else it's better to go to LE with what you know now. IMO

2:50 am? That's interesting. A lot of time between landing at 1 am and getting dropped off at 2:50?
Well, I tend to text my wife when I touch down at an airport to say landed. But it can take a good 20 minutes to taxi get to the gate, and start offboarding. It can take another good 30-60 minutes to get luggage. If you like airports you may get a coffee or something there as well or visit some restaurant. It could easily have been that long. I waited for a lyft in Vegas one time for 25 minutes and that's a high lyft and uber area. My thought is if she was going to meet someone to drive somewhere else they could have just picked her up at the airport. I think she had a location there to meet someone maybe at the apartments. If they were not aware she was coming this could have launched several scenarios. 1. transient or opportunist took her on her walk to wherever she was going 2. she arrived at a guy's house and he had some other lady there and could have had a crime of passion 3. maybe the person was in the new "Van life" van hanging out in a parking lot there. 4. maybe someone at the airport was with her the whole trip and had her choose the location for them to go to. If this is the case there should be POI photos coming soon. Either way, there is surely surveillance cameras around there. I have one at my home that catches every car that goes by. It stores this info on an SD card for well over a week. I hope police are going door to door to inquire about footage.

This new drop off time is a head scratcher.

Maybe someone was supposed to pick her up and didn't show. She sat around waiting and then finally hopped in a Lyft.

Her phone records are going to be key.

I have a feeling a vehicle was waiting in the parking lot for her at the Park. That's why they know she wasn't there long.

If there's a Police Station across the street maybe their cameras picked up something. Could that be the evidence collected?

Sometimes you have to wait on the plane after landing, then you go to the bathroom, find the luggage carousel, wait for your luggage, find the lyft/Uber spot and then wait for your car. Imo this can take a total of an hour easily. Especially if she was making calls to arrange a meeting time/place with this certain someone
Salt Lake City airport is fairly small and essentially no traffic on the highway in the middle of the night. This dropoff time detail throws me off a little. Unless she spent an hour “getting ready” doing hair/makeup in the airport bathroom.

In the recent case of the little girl who was abducted and murdered by her uncle, the fact that there’d been rain that morning was used as an explanation for why the dogs were no help. :(

So I was trying to be tactful. I realize that dogs can accomplish amazing things—but in my opinion there’s no way to know what’s going on, when they don’t find someone,

I don't want to get off topic, but there is a difference between scent dogs/tracking dogs and cadaver dogs. Perhaps the dogs used to track where someone has gone do better when it rains but perhaps cadaver dogs are better if it is dry? IDK, just something to consider. MOO.

Has anyone looked up the flight that day to see if it was on time or running late? I seem to recall someone stating that there was only a Southwest flight that day from SoCal to SLC at the 0100 hour but I cannot seem to find one that landed on 6-17-19 around 0100 hours.

Depending on what direction he would have been coming from, had he been traveling south on I-15 freeway he would likely not have passed any cameras whatsoever the exit is right to the west of the park, he would not have even passed by the police station or anywhere that may have a camera. After he picked her up, assuming she did, it would also depend the route he left. If he left and again went directly west, he would not have passed the police station, or likely any cameras. One good thing is they are very strict about absolutely no overnight parking at those lots and police to enforce that, so I do not believe they could have been parked there long without being bothered by an officer driving past to go to the station.

Agreed. Plus even if it did take an hour, its only about 10-12 minutes to Hatch Park from SLC airport. That's a lot of time in between. Unless she sat at the airport and was arranging things and had time she needed to waste?

Could she have been waiting for someone to pick her up and they didn’t show and they finally advised her to meet there?

What time is the ride documented via Lyft??

If she wasn't in the area for long, then they must be sure that either:

-she was picked up immediately in another vehicle and the Lyft driver witnessed this
-she was spotted on CCTV going into a nearby building or the townhomes
-she was spotted on CCTV walking away from the park

The time discrepancy for her to be dropped off at 2:50AM is way off IMO. We need to know what time she left the airport.

Why would it take that long from landing at 1AM - its less than 15 minutes away and I doubt she had to wait long for luggage at that time of the morning. I think that 1:50AM drop off at the park makes more sense.

Since the ride from Lyft 'contained no irregularities' then she didn't stop off in-between, maybe the reporter David Begnaud on Twitter got the info wrong?

JMO

She seems to be a very intelligent young lady. She did not go to a park at 3am with all her luggage after flying from LA to meet a stranger. There was extensive pre-arranging this via her phone. Just the delay (1am to 3am for a 15 min drive) seems to suggest she may have sat and arranged things for a while at the airport. We need to know the pickup time from Lyft....

LE has got to get those phone records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member