Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about this new development with the surveillance footage just doesn’t sit right with me. For the following reasons, things aren’t adding up (note: I’m not blaming any of the people here, just pointing out the events that have made this all so strange).
  • Why was bio dads reaction to cry upon viewing the video? Even saying SM lied about the time? Hasn’t it been known that they went to Petco that morning? If the footage we see is exactly what dad saw, how can anyone know for sure Gannon didn’t get out? How soon after this clip did the neighbor stop watching? Couldn’t we hypothetically say he’s napping back there and comes out later?
  • No date or time stamp on this video but the media (ESPECIALLY social media) has just taken it and run with it. Now Gannon is almost dying when he gets in the truck and is fully dead after SM shoots him with the rifle she loads in the truck and takes him to some isolated location to dump him.
  • The press conference didn’t confirm any facts about this video, anything about a crime being committed, or anything about SM killing him.
  • Since this new development there have been no arrests, no intensified searches... I mean, NOTHING!
In short...what is happening?! :confused:

I watched the video. I did not see a time stamp but read in the comments what other people had said. Let's say that she took him to the doctor on Monday. That would make sense about the time leaving and amount of time gone. Not seeing him exit the vehicle could be explained if the camera is motion activated - some are super sensitive and some only respond to particular stimuli - like an engine running. Now, with that said, let's consider that the bag might have been a big purse. However, the part that LE has not confirmed or denied is "Did Gannon go to the doctor?" If he did, his father would have the right to know about the visit so waiting on red tape would be a non-issue.

Now, for the really wild possibility of what could have happened. Let's say that they went on the hike like SM said. Gannon maybe woke up not feeling well. It is possible that he suffered a snake bite, a tick bite or a bite from a brown recluse. The brown recluse bite is highly possible considering people get bitten without knowing all the time. So, let's imagine that she started toward the doctor's office and he died on the way - she may have panicked. Or let's say that she did take him to the doctor and was dismissed by saying it was just a bug going around. Let's say that she may have taken him to someone alternative to treat him. The one thing about her interview was that she said she believes that he is going to come home and then tell everyone what happened and then they will have to apologize to her. This is just a possible scenario that could explain her odd behavior. It would be more about trying to get him well so that she doesn't get in trouble. It's a bit twisted but this whole thing is severely messed up.

The video, in my opinion, is too grainy to tell anything. Even though SM made herself look guilty as sin, I am holding on to the hope that he is still alive just because of that one statement that she made. Maybe she has someone caring for him because of something she feels responsible and then when he is well, she thinks that she will be a heroine. Now, usually when I come up with a wild theory and post hope on social media - the truth comes out and the case ends....so.....maybe they'll find him by tomorrow....hopefully alive.

Very possible - but I would think if LE was determined to get it (they should be able to tell where the cameras are on the street), they would have kept coming back until they got it...not a week later. Again, they had reason to suspect she might not be entirely truthful - she herself said people were concluding she was changing her story, she claimed mistreatment by LE, etc. Besides phone tracking, online searches, calls/texts, I would think security footage near that home on the same street would be of paramount importance very early on.
Yes, I think in the beginning they were concentrating on just spotting him on any surveillance cameras in the area.

As they believed he was a runaway, they had no reason to focus on surveillance footage of him before he "ran away."

So reporting him initially as a runaway hindered the investigation right from the start.

Imo

but alas, our El Paso County is in Colorado. Bummer as that would have been a great tool in the back pocket.
Ha! I was wondering why the story kept switching between Texas and CO...actually, it didn’t...oops. I do see trailers like those described in the story here, though. Whether they actually record all that info, I don’t know, so moo.

Just so I could appreciate the neighbor going through the video -I spent some time (not 5 hours straight) when I got home going through my video of my new cameras so incredibly boring BUT when I just went to the alerts (triggered by motion) wow - I’ve only recently added more cameras and had not checked out these new ones yet until Gannon disappeared- I’m impressed by the neighbor and still believe something else is up regarding the release by media of the footage showing Them leaving yet only SM returning
JMO

<modsnip>
Gannon disappeared from home
Father away at military training
Hiking and went to Burger King Sunday
Stepmom said he went to visit a friend Monday afternoon
Not in school Monday - out sick/maybe dr appt
SM has on-camera interview where she will not show her face
Neighbor's camera shows SM leaving home on Monday at 10:15 w/Gannon and returning without Gannon

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am!!!!!

Prayers for this handsome young man.

I know I've said this umpteen times, but it bears repeating:

He is SUCH a cute, winsome boy.

Watching his gaming videos, seeing his little face and hearing his young, animated voice, I am profoundly saddened.

"Hey, what if I get a subscriber right off the bat?" he says excitedly at one point.

Oh, Gannon!

If you only knew….you have many, many subscribers now.

We all love watching you play.

JMO.

Yes, I think in the beginning they were concentrating on just spotting him on any surveillance cameras in the area.

As they believed he was a runaway, they had no reason to focus on surveillance footage of him before he "ran away."

So reporting him initially as a runaway hindered the investigation right from the start.

Imo
And I think she planned this and won’t be surprised when and if internet searches reveal something similar - although this didn’t help convict Casey Anthony and her searches
JMO

Something about this new development with the surveillance footage just doesn’t sit right with me. For the following reasons, things aren’t adding up (note: I’m not blaming any of the people here, just pointing out the events that have made this all so strange).
  • Why was bio dads reaction to cry upon viewing the video? Even saying SM lied about the time? Hasn’t it been known that they went to Petco that morning? If the footage we see is exactly what dad saw, how can anyone know for sure Gannon didn’t get out? How soon after this clip did the neighbor stop watching? Couldn’t we hypothetically say he’s napping back there and comes out later?
  • No date or time stamp on this video but the media (ESPECIALLY social media) has just taken it and run with it. Now Gannon is almost dying when he gets in the truck and is fully dead after SM shoots him with the rifle she loads in the truck and takes him to some isolated location to dump him.
  • The press conference didn’t confirm any facts about this video, anything about a crime being committed, or anything about SM killing him.
  • Since this new development there have been no arrests, no intensified searches... I mean, NOTHING!
In short...what is happening?! :confused:
Good points. I guess this is why LE said the only credible information will come from them.

All the media has done is generate more rumors, which is only making their job more difficult.

I know I've said this umpteen times, but it bears repeating:

He is SUCH a cute, winsome boy.

Watching his gaming videos, seeing his little face and hearing his young, animated voice, I am profoundly saddened.

"Hey, what if I get a subscriber right off the bat?" he says excitedly at one point.

Oh, Gannon!

If you only knew….you have many, many subscribers now.

We all love watching you play.

JMO.
I will never understand these “parents” who kill - ever ....
Imo

I watched the video. I did not see a time stamp but read in the comments what other people had said. Let's say that she took him to the doctor on Monday. That would make sense about the time leaving and amount of time gone. Not seeing him exit the vehicle could be explained if the camera is motion activated - some are super sensitive and some only respond to particular stimuli - like an engine running. Now, with that said, let's consider that the bag might have been a big purse. However, the part that LE has not affirmed or denied is "Did Gannon go to the doctor?" If he did, his father would have the right to know about the visit so waiting on red tape would be a non-issue.

Now, for the really wild possibility of what could have happened. Let's say that they went on the hike like SM said. Gannon maybe woke up not feeling well. It is possible that he suffered a snake bite, a tick bite or a bite from a brown recluse. The brown recluse bite is highly possible considering people get bitten without knowing all the time. So, let's imagine that she started toward the doctor's office and he died on the way - she may have panicked. Or let's say that she did take him to the doctor and was dismissed by saying it was just a bug going around. Let's say that she may have taken him to someone alternative to treat him. The one thing about her interview was that she said she believes that he is going to come home and then tell everyone what happened and then they will have to apologize to her. This is just a possible scenario that could explain her odd behavior. It would be more about trying to get him well so that she doesn't get in trouble. It's a bit twisted but this whole thing is severely messed up.

The video, in my opinion, is too grainy to tell anything. Even though SM made herself look guilty as sin, I am holding on to the hope that he is still alive just because of that one statement that she made. Maybe she has someone caring for him because of something she feels responsible and then when he is well, she thinks that she will be a heroine. Now, usually when I come up with a wild theory and post hope on social media - the truth comes out and the case ends....so.....maybe they'll find him by tomorrow....hopefully alive.
If a spider it would be more likely a black widow. Brown Recluses are so rare here there’s debate in the entomology community about whether they are even here at all. As far as I know the only poisonous snakes we have here are rattlesnakes, and they’d know right away if he got bitten by one. And they’re hibernating right now anyway. We do have bubonic plague here and people do mistake the first signs of it for the flu fairly often, so maybe? It’s transmitted by fleas though, so probably not highly prevalent in the winter? Moo.

Something that popped into my head was that upon her return, the repeat backing in and pulling out almost looks like the behavior of an intoxicated person. Also her hurried disorganized exit out of the car. Could be panic as well I suppose, but it reminded me of watching drunk people try to drive on cop shows etc.
She had absolutely no trouble backing the truck in before they left.

I definitely feel like SM isn’t telling the truth. But someone just asked, “what if Gannon got out on the passenger side? Would the camera catch that?” And that’s all I can think about now. What if he did and we’re analyzing this video for no reason?
You can see under the car. I don’t see any feet/legs. But still- it still doesn’t mesh with her previous story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle