Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a detective investigating this case, I would determine if any workers at the slaughterhouse in Delphi quit right after the murders, track them down and interview them. For that matter, did any workers at Delphi quit their jobs just after the murders? Those might be some people worth talking to, as someone who murdered those girls might want to leave town suddenly.

This is it, I believe, in case of Abby and Libby. Many people know him, but have fear, they could be wrong. MOO Just as me.
I’m wondering if someone suspects they know who BG is, but they won’t come forward out of fear of what he may do to himself. Perhaps they suspect someone who has threatened suicide in the past, and they fear it may push the person over the edge. I could see being hesitant to come forward in this case, especially if the individual is someone they genuinely care about and even more so if they aren’t sure he is BG.

That being said, if BG has made threats of suicide I suspect it’s mostly an attempt at manipulating those around him. That’s not to say he isn’t capable of carrying it out, but my thinking is that if we are dealing with someone who kills two random, innocent girls then we are looking at a person who is going to turn his anger outward, not on himself. If he is a sociopath, he’s probably going to use manipulation to get what he wants from people, so it doesn’t seem totally out there that he would threaten suicide to the people around him to keep them quiet. MOO

This is the only person on the trails that day who has not come forward to identify himself as being there.

So I started following this with the new podcast that is out about it. It is just amazing to me that no one seems to recognize this person in the general area. This is what leads me to believe this person is not local.

This article from March 2nd, 2017 that mentions the increased reward also discusses the audio clip.

Reward for Delphi teens’ murderer reaches $200,000, thanks to Indianapolis Colts owner and former punter

"Authorities uncovered a grainy photo of a man on Libby German’s phone, as well as a 6-minute audio clip of what appeared to a be man saying, “Down the hill,” which sparked massive amounts of tips and suggestions from the public."

I am not saying that the 6 minutes is accurate as it doesn't state the source of this information, but it certainly seems like a very specific time to be mentioned out of the blue without a source. It makes you wonder who the source could be.....

I really hope that 6 minutes is true.....it could mean that LE has much, much more than anyone ever thought there could be on audio. Enough to convict the right person hopefully.

JMO

It is not MSM.

-Nin

I agree 100%, yet people have still gone nuts over DNA in this case.

A killing or in this case a set of killings doesn't have to include a SA in order for there to be something sexual in nature in relation to the case. I didn't know until recent times that as a general rule, serial murders (and I'm not characterizing this case as one done by a serial killer, we just don't know), generally involve a sexual component or components. A killer could get off on the crime(s) committed with there being a SA committed, the immediate aftermath and get off on that w/o a SA having taken place, or just the aftermath, sometimes all the above.

I don't believe LE have usable DNA for BG.

JMO

I think they must have DNA from the perp...they have been seeking info on various suspects in other cases during these three years and apparently ruling them out. But they do not want to say where the DNA was found as I believe it was found on one or both girls and could only have been there with the contributor being the killer. They would still need to classify and identify any other DNA found...I imagine any one of us has other DNA on us at any given time, via casual contact, clothing transfer, even pets...it all has to be ruled out. But LE’s interest in other cases tells me they have DNA they believe must be BG’s for comparison. Jmo

You’ve missed quite a few cases then. Where are you getting the information that DNA alone is not enough for conviction?

There may be old cases but we’re dealing with murders that took place in 2017, and there is case law from 2014 to support what I said:

People v. Arevalo (Case No. G047523, Cal. Court of Appeal, 4th District, March 10, 2014)

FindLaw's California Court of Appeal case and opinions.

This was a case in Southern California where a man was convicted of burglary based solely on the fact that his DNA was found at the crime scene. He appealed the conviction. The Appeal Court was asked to weigh the question of whether DNA is such convincing evidence, that nothing else matters. The court said No.

Perhaps you can provide links to cases after March, 10 2014 where DNA alone was used to convict.

I’m wondering if someone suspects they know who BG is, but they won’t come forward out of fear of what he may do to himself. Perhaps they suspect someone who has threatened suicide in the past, and they fear it may push the person over the edge. I could see being hesitant to come forward in this case, especially if the individual is someone they genuinely care about and even more so if they aren’t sure he is BG.

That being said, if BG has made threats of suicide I suspect it’s mostly an attempt at manipulating those around him. That’s not to say he isn’t capable of carrying it out, but my thinking is that if we are dealing with someone who kills two random, innocent girls then we are looking at a person who is going to turn his anger outward, not on himself. If he is a sociopath, he’s probably going to use manipulation to get what he wants from people, so it doesn’t seem totally out there that he would threaten suicide to the people around him to keep them quiet. MOO
The person that is afraid to come forward simply must come forward. Stop rationalizing away reasons not to come forward. He killed two girls. Repeat that, he killed two girls. LE has promised they will protect. Your karma will thank you for doing the right thing.

The person that is afraid to come forward simply must come forward. Stop rationalizing away reasons not to come forward. He killed two girls. Repeat that, he killed two girls. LE has promised they will protect. Your karma will thank you for doing the right thing.
I’m not rationalizing it. I agree that if someone knows something they need to come forward, absolutely. I’m just speculating on the thought process of the person, not giving excuses. What BG did was horrifying beyond words and anyone who knows anything needs to come forward, regardless of their initial reasoning for not doing so.

If the person in question is a battered wife, it's quite likely that she doesn't believe LE will protect. Maybe she's reported him before, maybe he even did a few months in jail--and then came back and beat her again to within an inch of his life. She believes him when he says he'll kill her--and she's probably right.

It could be a different situation, I don't know. But if it's domestic, nothing they have said is likely to make her feel any safer.

I’m not rationalizing it. I agree that if someone knows something they need to come forward, absolutely. I’m just speculating on the thought process of the person, not giving excuses. What BG did was horrifying beyond words and anyone who knows anything needs to come forward, regardless of their initial reasoning for not doing so.

What if the person doesn't think that their loved one (BG)could ever do anything like murder. If they are living with a narcissist or sociopath you are in love and would never think him capable of that. Not all of these bad types physically abuse, most of it is mental. You know in your heart that if you do everything your boyfriend/husband says, that he'll be nice to you. (co-dependent). Maybe they are not even aware of the murders.

“Somebody knows” and “that one tip we’re waiting for” has been repeatedly stated throughout this case from the onset.

Regretfully, I don’t think those type of statements are specific to only this case or it indicates LE knows for a fact somebody out there is holding back incriminating information. Considering the reward and the 50,000 tips already made to LE, unfortunately it’s possible nobody knows who is the culprit.

In every unsolved case LE wants somebody who knows something to come forward. It’s a common ask of the public - -

(Sorry for the large font, can’t seem to adjust it.)

SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING: OPP Release New Videos On Unsolved Murder and Missing Persons Cases – Barrie 360Barrie 360

Somebody Knows Something: Lisa Holstead. New technology could heat up a 33-year-old cold case

'Somebody Knows Something': Miami-Dade Police Hand Out Flyers In Murders Of Two Homeless People

Last edited:
“Somebody knows” and “that one tip we’re waiting for” has been repeatedly stated throughout this case from the onset.

Regretfully, I don’t think those type of statements are specific to only this case or it indicates LE knows for a fact somebody out there is holding back incriminating information. Considering the reward and the 50,000 tips already made to LE, unfortunately it’s possible nobody knows who is the culprit.

In every unsolved case LE wants somebody who knows something to come forward. It’s a common ask of the public - -
You're exactly right. DC has been repeating the same things since early on. He also refuses to call it a cold case, even after three years. I understand not wanting to give up hope. Unfortunately, I think DC, by his gung-ho attitude, is leading people to believe the case is so-so close to being solved. He means well, I'm sure, but he's also setting people up for major disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member