Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - here's what I have for this case - please correct anything that might be wrong - I scanned a bunch of articles. Also - "when" was Lori arrested? And do I have ALL her charges correct or are there more?

Wednesday, July 1st:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (17) (JJ last seen 9/23/19 & Tylee on 9/8/19, Rexburg; found 6/9/20 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – only for *Chad Guy Daybell (51) arrested charged (6/9/20) with 2 counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence & concealing remains. $1M bond.
6/10/20 Update: Initial appearance hearing. Judge Faren Eddins sets bail at $1M & explained that should Daybell be able to post bond, he must sign waiver that he must not leave Bonneville, Jefferson, Madison or Fremont counties. He will also be required to wear an ankle monitor at all times. Daybell is scheduled to appear for a preliminary hearing on July 1. More charges pending.
*Lori Norene Vallow-Daybell (46) arrested & charged () with 2 counts of felony desertion & nonsupport of dependent children, resisting or obstructing LE, criminal solicitation to commit a crime & contempt of court. $5M bond.
Guardianship hearing on 9/30/20.

Hitting the super like love button! And going to bed for real. Thank you!!:) ❤️

1). He knew too much
2) His new, suddenly came out of nowhere wife was a woman Lori says can control the elements and make earthquakes.
3). I will eat brussel sprouts if Alex didn’t have a nice, fat life insurance policy benefiting Lori, MP or his element-bending wife. And a second helping if it wasn’t new or recently adjusted up.
That's an interesting angle that I don't think has been mentioned. As a single guy, Alex could very well have listed Lori as his beneficiary. He had a regular job as a truck driver so likely had a nice life insurance policy. I believe he died of natural causes but maybe Lori lucked out! Of course if it were a term policy through his job I think ZP would have a claim as well in AZ as a community property state.

On a side note, if these people believe someone can control the elements and make earthquakes I think we should be looking at comic books for answers!

ETA: I just had Brussel's sprouts for dinner. Yum yum!

Apparently one sign of delusion is to believe your loved ones have been posessed by evil beings/spirits. Some people could classify Lori as delusional. The problem is that it was Chad who told her that Charles had been taken over by Nick Schneider. IMO Chad made it up just like the rest of it. Would that still make Lori delusional or just gullible?

1). He knew too much
2) His new, suddenly came out of nowhere wife was a woman Lori says can control the elements and make earthquakes.
3). I will eat brussel sprouts if Alex didn’t have a nice, fat life insurance policy benefiting Lori, MP or his element-bending wife. And a second helping if it wasn’t new or recently adjusted up.
What if the quickie end of November weddings were prompted by the welfare check? I think the two very new couples (or maybe one actual couple) wouldn't be in a rush if someone with a little authority wasn't telling them it had been important for "the cause". If there was a life insurance policy involved, when was it taken out?

pretty sure they also spray this stuff on the wings of planes to de-ice them in cold conditions
Glycol is a potential poison Chad could have used. There are two common ones used widely - ethylene glycol is flourescent green and propylene glycol is very pink. Both might be tough to hide in a drink! And I don't think the symptoms fit. But in the fall in Idaho I'm sure everyone has antifreeze on hand.

Someone posted a picture of an average size chest freezer that was located within the house. There was carpet under the freezer. The image was from when the house was on the market in 2015.
Lots of people have freezers. We used to have one.
I have two! One on my back porch for co op extras and one in my garage for meat.

yeah i sadly think your right about this.

imo there was the ol boys club mentality at play here.o_O

i think they treated charles like, well you must have deserved it.

think some old school policing having a tough time keeping up with current ideals and realities.
they stuck in the movment of about 30 years ago.
well you must have asked for it....you know....woman power and all.....shes just gettin her own back.

which was 20 years behind the ol...nothing to see here folks turn a blind eye!!! mans home is his castle :confused: cops wouldn't intervene in domestic violence.

just all so unnecessary . charles did ALL the right things.....and is dead.

moo

Honestly, it's usually the reverse - the experiences of Lori's husbands trying to get help from the police/courts in dealing with a toxic and dangerous person is EXACTLY the same experience most female DV survivors I know have. When one spouse is a high-conflict person, the courts almost always blame it on both parties, why can't you two just play nice in the sandbox for once?

In some ways, this is not surprising. The more outlandish an allegation is, the less likely any of us are to believe it's true, right? An example of this comes from JR's sister Ann, for those of you who have followed her blogging about all this from a family member's perspective. She wrote that when she first heard talk about Lori/Chad's religious beliefs involving zombies, she just kind of hand waved that away as some kind of silly rumors or sensationalizing. Then she read (was it maybe Ian's account or CV's? , can't remember), and there is all this talk about zombies, and she was floored.

There are definitely ways judges, police, etc. can do better and sift through all the craziness to get to the bottom of what's really going on. But they're human too just like us. That doesn't make it easier when you're going through it though.

It's ALWAYS imminent. That's why end-of-the-world predictions come and go. I'm sure the Depression was considered a sign of the end. WWI, WWII, cancer, polio, AIDS, SARS, Ebola, and CoVid19. Anyone who believes in the predicted rapture will see these events as signs.
I'm pretty much atheist and don't believe in anything like a second coming or rapture. But the events of the last few years have been pretty extreme - pandemic, financial collapse, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc. have been a wakeup call. I'm not reading much into anything but I can see how believers in end-times events could. In my lifetime I have never experienced such a confluence of unusual events!

That's an interesting angle that I don't think has been mentioned. As a single guy, Alex could very well have listed Lori as his beneficiary. He had a regular job as a truck driver so likely had a nice life insurance policy. I believe he died of natural causes but maybe Lori lucked out! Of course if it were a term policy through his job I think ZP would have a claim as well in AZ as a community property state.

On a side note, if these people believe someone can control the elements and make earthquakes I think we should be looking at comic books for answers!

ETA: I just had Brussel's sprouts for dinner. Yum yum!

IIRC, there is an active case that Z filed in AZ Probate Court, on behalf of AC’s estate. If so what for if not insurance or trust benefits?

Last edited:
Where was it reported Colby thought JR was his biological dad and didn’t find out he wasn’t until all of this broke? I have missed the last several weeks of updates on the case, so it’s something I’d like to know more about. I did see the Dateline interview when Colby stated JR abused him, but I don’t recall that he thought JR was his bio dad. That is extremely sad to me on top of everything else this young man has had to endure. My heart truly goes out to him, and I hope he persevere through all of this.
I think Joe Ryan got a bum rap. I just feel like men just give in to her so much in the beginning...Annie Cushing's interview said as much. Joe had never been married, and here is this lovely etc. I just think she drove him crazy, and as usual, emasculated him and turned so many against him.
But is the highlighted statement above correct. Not sure how I missed this. Did Colby indicate exactly how he did find out???

From the top of my head. He talked about finding out in his first interview with Nate. It was one line. So not much detail to go on to fill in the picture.

He said it was through media. So unsure if it was a news report or a question about bio dad that let him know. Or something else. It could have been Nate himself.

It was really early on so by Dateline it was old news and probably a bit relieving for CR. I'd think with the craziness of this case it's not suprising its just a little bit vague.

He's going to need counciling for a long time for so many reasons.

I'll try to find the media if I have time today.

Long-time lurker. I finally made my own account to join this awesome community of Super Sleuths!

Question: Why is it that those who believe in "multiple probations" were always someone noteworthy in their previous lives? I mean....come on....no one ever claims they were:
1) Peasant Girl #3
2) Chamber Pot Emptier
3) Chicken Plucker in the local butcher shop
4) Pig Farmer's Wife

Example...Chad stated in his email to Lori on 1/22/19 (source Justin Lum Fox 10 news) that in her previous "probations" Lori was, among others, wife of James the Just (aka Chad), Joseph's Smith's grandmother, and the wife of the LDS Book of Mormon prophet Moroni.

I guess his prophetic powers failed to discern that in this probation she would become Lori the Looney married to Chad the Bad.

Of course this is all meant tongue in cheek because if I don't eek out a little bit of humor in this twisted tale I will just end up sitting here crying on my keyboard.

At any rate....SLEUTH ON!
LOL. Humor aside, even at face value Lori seems to be repeatedly trading down.

yeah i sadly think your right about this.

imo there was the ol boys club mentality at play here.o_O

i think they treated charles like, well you must have deserved it.

think some old school policing having a tough time keeping up with current ideals and realities.
they stuck in the movment of about 30 years ago.
well you must have asked for it....you know....woman power and all.....shes just gettin her own back.

which was 20 years behind the ol...nothing to see here folks turn a blind eye!!! mans home is his castle :confused: cops wouldn't intervene in domestic violence.

just all so unnecessary . charles did ALL the right things.....and is dead.

moo
He did do all the right things. Poor guy got involved with a family full of evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member