Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
•Feb 15, 2021

rbbm.
Police release new Leah Croucher appeal 2 years on from disappearance in MK - CitiBlog
“As we know, Leah walked to work in Knowlhill most mornings. On Friday 15 February she was seen on CCTV in Buzzacott Lane, Furzton at 8.16am, so we know for certain that she walked that way. We would expect her walking route to have taken her past Telytubbie Hill on Dulverton Drive. From that point we believe that Leah would have either taken a route north around Furzton Lake or along Loxbeare Drive into Shenley Lodge and north along Faraday Drive.

“This area is a well populated residential area with people commuting, doing the school run or exercising. Given how busy the area is I find it hard to believe that this CCTV clip of Leah at 8.16am is the last time that we know she was seen.

“We know for sure that the day before Leah’s disappearance she took a route which led her from Dulverton Drive and along Loxbeare Drive, under H7 Chaffron Way. She then took a combination of Faraday Drive and the adjacent redways through Shenley Lodge and into Knowlhill.

“However it appears that this was not the route Leah took on 15 February.''

Thanks for posting this @dotr I was going to myself as I picked up on the comment ~

“However it appears that this was not the route Leah took on 15 February.''

I think this is because she had arranged to meet someone along the way and I think the meeting place was the premier Inn. The first map I've attached is from the TVP video of her usual route from the day before she went missing which they quote as ~

“We know for sure that the day before Leah’s disappearance she took a route which led her from Dulverton Drive and along Loxbeare Drive, under H7 Chaffron Way. She then took a combination of Faraday Drive and the adjacent redways through Shenley Lodge and into Knowlhill."

The 2nd map is 3 possible routes they think she could of taken ~ one of which is right past the premier Inn! (I've circled in purple where I think it is).

Attachments

• 20210215_203146.jpg
    20210215_203146.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210215_203314.jpg
    20210215_203314.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 42
To add to my previous post, I don’t think suicide is very likely - unless it was in the lake but I know someone mentioned potential hanging in a secluded place - but as we are in our third national lockdown the only thing people are able to do at the moment is walk and explore the outside. Our local lake which is lodge lake is constantly packed now with fishermen, kids exploring, and family’s with dogs walking. It is much the same at howe park woods - with so many people exploring the parks trust establishments I don’t see that her body is in Milton Keynes - but that’s just
My opinion

Welcome to WS moonlight. Thank you for this local info. Look forward to hearing more of your local observations :)

Sorry if I haven’t done this correctly!

Did we know that location services were turned off on 14th and never turned back on? Probs I was confused and thought they were turned off on 14th and then again on 15th and phone hasn’t reconnected since.

Then this: There is also the possibility that Leah had a second phone and was plotting to vanish - although this is a scenario the family of the quiet, home-loving teenager finds difficult to believe. But location settings were turned off at the eastern part of the lake the previous evening, when she mysteriously slipped out for a short time on Valentine's Day. They were never turned back on. Why? Again, how thorough did they investigate where Leah went to the evening before she disappeared. Did they check with any taxi driver's to see if perhaps Leah got a taxi either there or back to wherever she was going? Or maybe she jumped on a bus home - did they check any CCTV on buses that evening? What about the following day? Were all buses and taxi's checked in the area for any sign Leah had been in them. Did they check Friday afternoon and the following weekend as well just to see if there was any sign of her? Did they check all CCTV to see if 'X's car was in the area on the Thursday evening, on the Friday and all weekend?

I find a lot of the comments by DCI Howard incredibly frustrating and I expect Leah's family would think the same way too.

Police reveal hope that Leah Croucher might still be alive on the second anniversary of her disappearance from Milton Keynes
[/QUOTE]

Also from Thames valley press release this link was at the bottom with the embargo it has all the released docs including moving cctv cottage of Leah that I don’t think I’d seen before?

Operation Dawlish - Search for Leah Croucher

Websleuths rules are that we can’t comment on social media posts from the family ie. A sister I think? As this implies information rather that what we are to believe as fact in the media is that correct?

Sorry if I haven’t done this correctly!

Did we know that location services were turned off on 14th and never turned back on? Probs I was confused and thought they were turned off on 14th and then again on 15th and phone hasn’t reconnected since.

Then this: There is also the possibility that Leah had a second phone and was plotting to vanish - although this is a scenario the family of the quiet, home-loving teenager finds difficult to believe. But location settings were turned off at the eastern part of the lake the previous evening, when she mysteriously slipped out for a short time on Valentine's Day. They were never turned back on. Why? Again, how thorough did they investigate where Leah went to the evening before she disappeared. Did they check with any taxi driver's to see if perhaps Leah got a taxi either there or back to wherever she was going? Or maybe she jumped on a bus home - did they check any CCTV on buses that evening? What about the following day? Were all buses and taxi's checked in the area for any sign Leah had been in them. Did they check Friday afternoon and the following weekend as well just to see if there was any sign of her? Did they check all CCTV to see if 'X's car was in the area on the Thursday evening, on the Friday and all weekend?

I find a lot of the comments by DCI Howard incredibly frustrating and I expect Leah's family would think the same way too.

Police reveal hope that Leah Croucher might still be alive on the second anniversary of her disappearance from Milton Keynes

Also from Thames valley press release this link was at the bottom with the embargo it has all the released docs including moving cctv cottage of Leah that I don’t think I’d seen before?

Operation Dawlish - Search for Leah Croucher[/QUOTE]
Regarding the quote from the DCI on the case:
'But when pressed for his personal view, the formal police mask slips slightly.

"My own theory? I think the most likely theory is that Leah has gone of her own accord on her own... I believe it is because of a decision she made herself."

So does this mean he thinks Leah is still alive?

"It could do," he says quietly.'

Hmmm, the fact he said 'it quietly', is the journalist implying he doesn't really think so?
I wonder what percentages of suicides are never found?

Websleuths rules are that we can’t comment on social media posts from the family ie. A sister I think? As this implies information rather that what we are to believe as fact in the media is that correct?

Yes it is correct.Only articles with a link provided for main stream media can be posted and discussed.

I am so pleased there has been lots of publicity today about Leah's disappearance, it is long overdue. Let's hope it brings in some vital information that leads to finding out what happened to Leah.

There are some interesting comments on the TVP site, whether they are true or not I don't know but I hope the police follow these up.

I hope it spurs the police to question 'X' thoroughly about his involvement with Leah. I would love to know what his alibi was, if he was at work that morning then fair enough, that's a water-tight alibi. However, if he wasn't at work that morning then surely that would cause suspicion in itself, even if someone had given him an alibi. I just wish we knew what it was.

So come on Thames Valley Police, let's get cracking and do some real detective work!

I am so pleased there has been lots of publicity today about Leah's disappearance, it is long overdue. Let's hope it brings in some vital information that leads to finding out what happened to Leah.

There are some interesting comments on the TVP site, whether they are true or not I don't know but I hope the police follow these up.

I hope it spurs the police to question 'X' thoroughly about his involvement with Leah. I would love to know what his alibi was, if he was at work that morning then fair enough, that's a water-tight alibi. However, if he wasn't at work that morning then surely that would cause suspicion in itself, even if someone had given him an alibi. I just wish we knew what it was.

So come on Thames Valley Police, let's get cracking and do some real detective work!

I agree. I'm really pleased that Leah got some well deserved media coverage today. I'm also really pleased that we have some new members on the thread injecting new life into it with some different views/theories I'd not heard of before. I just hope this all goes towards bringing Leah home to her family.

Correct and thanks for asking. Here are the Websleuths rules on social media posts. An exception would be if a victim’s family member made a post as an admin or owner of a website or SM group established to promote awareness of the missing person’s case.

I’ve deleted posts that reference social media rumors with no links to an approved source. If you aren’t sure whether a source is allowed, please check with a mod.

If you personally know family or friends of the victim or named POIs, please consider becoming a Verified Case Insider. Insiders do not need to include links in information posted as factual.

I think the fibbing premier inn was in the centre of town, iirc.

Well done Citizen for a new year reminder.

What has X got to say about it all? I wish he would give an interview to the local paper, like a friend would do. I am sure the paper would agree to anonymity. Maybe it would help.
X won't say anything Jenesaisquoi, and, neither will his family. MOO JMO

I can't find the post/link of 2 brief CCTV clips of Leah walking to work on February 15rh 2019.
In one of them, as she's walking and swinging her arms it seems she's holding a white carrier bag in her left hand. I don't know what this signifies, if anything, but I thought I'd throw it out there. In the other clip she's not carrying the plastic bag. Thoughts anyone?

I can't find the post/link of 2 brief CCTV clips of Leah walking to work on February 15rh 2019.
In one of them, as she's walking and swinging her arms it seems she's holding a white carrier bag in her left hand. I don't know what this signifies, if anything, but I thought I'd throw it out there. In the other clip she's not carrying the plastic bag. Thoughts anyone?

I don't think I've seen one of her carrying a plastic bag. The only one's I've seen are of her on Buzzacot lane at 8.16am and then yesterday one of her at leighhill at 8.07am. Although there were a lot of media posts yesterday so I may have missed it.

I feel like we need information or interviews from her work place to establish this mindset of anxiety around work that week-

how was Leah presenting to her colleagues?.

We all know young adults keep things from their parents but tend to be more open when being more mature around work colleagues.

I am hopeful that of the police interviews these included work and hotel.

Also cctv. I recall that the footage from the fib hotel in the weeks prior was erased (usual practice in retail is 30days if the system is old probably similar in hotels given it only covered common areas usually)
By now premier inn will have all gone too and I just hope it was checked back then.

I keep coming back to the crying girl at the lake If that was Leah. Where had she been for all that time with no other sightings? The lakes in Mk are frequented by walkers and cyclists all the time at all hours. I imagine cyclists to be a good source especially if trying to avoid a crying girl on a phone who would most likely be wandering all over the place.

Again it goes back to wanting to know more from her work place- did they try and call her? Was her absence not a Huge surprise hence her parents only finding out so late in the day? Had she called in sick before turning her personal phone off?

Although as I type these questions I answer them in my own head that she didn’t call in sick or I think that info would be shared by tvp.
Which makes me think this whole situation was far less ‘planned’ as a planned disappearance or suicide.

if she had got bad news but I think messages can be checked remotely.

Which again leads you to a second phone- is this how she got bad news, a warning to back off or a threat?

It could considered that she was ‘forced’ to disappear following an ultimatum. If someone scared her sufficiently. Could X have aided this?

MOO thoughts and considerations my own.
after intensely reading lots of reports. And comments.

I hope all leads are followed up via the comments on TVP posts. 2 particularly interesting.

I also cannot see a carrier bag on those 2 clips, I know initially a clip of Leah walking in Shenley Lodge a day or so before her disappearance caused such a debate around the time & date that it may of been removed.
My opinion looking at the 2 clips is again they don't seem to be on the same day? confused! In my opinion I know lighting plays a part but they don't look like the same colour or style of jeans?
Leah's whole demeanour seems different in the 2 clips; panicked looking on her phone running as if she's late and then.... totally nonchalant in the next what 10 minutes.
Also don't understand why this clip has only just been released.. I certainly don't recall seeing it before.

Again it goes back to wanting to know more from her work place- did they try and call her? Was her absence not a Huge surprise hence her parents only finding out so late in the day? Had she called in sick before turning her personal phone off?

Great post spiderplant. I've respectfully snipped it to this part as I too was going to mention this. Leah was not reported missing until that evening 6pm after she didn't return home from work. So if she didn't call in sick all day at work where did her work colleagues think she was? Did any of them try to contact her? Seems unusual IMO.

Missing from Milton Keynes: Leah Croucher the timeline, everything we know so far

6pm Leah fails to return home. She is reported missing

I also gree that 2 years on it is highly unlikely the PIH (Premier Inn Hotel) still have the CCTV footage from 2 years ago but as you say I would hope TV police looked into this at the time and also looked into what guests were staying there at the time who may have witnessed something. There may even have been guests staying under a fake name. The comments on TV police media appeals yesterday would need looking into further I believe too.

I wonder have local landfill sites been checked too? I mentioned yesterday when searching where on PIH were their CCTV cameras I noticed a large amount of industrial sized wheelbins around the back of the hotel. *(Images attached again from google). All MOO of course.

Attachments

• 20210215_115028.jpg
    20210215_115028.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210215_140914.jpg
    20210215_140914.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210215_115037.jpg
    20210215_115037.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 14
Police share information surrounding newly-revealed potential sighting of Leah Croucher in 2019

Has anyone read further info on the ‘newly released’ footage of girl dressed in black referenced in this article? What time this was and where etc?

I saw another reference from DCI that said they found a Leah croucher in London who was remarkably alike, apparently parents said yes it was her, but it was the discounted. Will try and find the link.

edited to include link Two years ago today Leah Croucher vanished off the face of the earth in Milton Keynes. This is why it's the most emotive story I've ever written

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member