Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are asking ScW about the phone call Saw made, I get why they're asking Scott, but surely they need to ask Sarah directly too, since she made the phone call?
Sarah hasn't taken the stand yet. I am sure they will ask her when it's her turn. Unless she decides not to give evidence of course. I do believe that Sarah was the mastermind in all this though, the 'brains ' behind the whole phone and messaging plan. JMO

I am honestly surprised about the fact that he's so easily crying and breaking down and he still hasn't confessed.
I would think that having LE question him for hours on end saying it will be all over the news, think about the other kids, Bea needing a funeral and so on would get to him.
I was really hoping he broke and would tell all when first he had that meltdown.
JMO but I feel LE is letting Bea down massively MOO and my heart is breaking for her.

Don't think SaW will be allowed in court while ScW is being cross examined and vice versa
this is incorrect only witnesses called are not allowed in to court to hear until they have given their evidence

defendants & co defendants are allowed as they must be allowed to hear so they can fairly challenge a witnesses account

Has anyone outright said to him ‘ where have you put her, she deserves a funeral, I’m sure you want to do the right thing now, let’s do it’

he sounds emotional and remorseful.
nope because he has denied murdering her and said he hasn’t nurseries her.

mid they had found a body and burial site they could ask him did he dig it etc etc but as this is a no body murder indictment and he has said he hasn’t murdered here and then they cannot. It would be seen as “badgering” them.

Otherwise if they could they would ask him about his favourite pastimes and then turn around and go “where did you bury her or murder here” to catch them off guard

I have no idea.
But if he does carry on tomorrow and Friday, then my guess would be that Sarah is not giving evidence.
I cannot see her evidence being as long as his but also the defence doesn’t have to call her as is their right. It’s unlikely they will call her, she he already admitted to the police she lied so I don’t see why she has gone not guilty anyway. Her defence team will know this so it’s unlikely they will call her incase she puts her foot in it and actually breaks and says we did do it and she cops a murder charge on the indictment from her evidence in chief. No point the defence putting her at risk copping a murder charge due to her evidence

Last edited:
I’m not liking this trial. I’m sorry but it’s been two weeks of nothing so far. Constant stop start and very little questioning or evidence.

I think both are going down for life, but I don’t think either are safe convictions. He’s had no comment of recollection of anything, she’s blatantly gaslighting…but we have nothing substantial and they are meant to give a verdict next week.

I would rather it takes as long as it takes. If he’s going to cry every 3 questions then so be it. The poor girl deserves justice
If both are found guilty she will not get life, she will be looking at a good 8 years plus as her perverting the course of justice was in relation to a murder. I cannot recall one case in the UK that has ever got a life sentence for PTCOJ even though that’s th me maximum tariff

I am honestly surprised about the fact that he's so easily crying and breaking down and he still hasn't confessed.
I would think that having LE question him for hours on end saying it will be all over the news, think about the other kids, Bea needing a funeral and so on would get to him.
I was really hoping he broke and would tell all when first he had that meltdown.
JMO but I feel LE is letting Bea down massively MOO and my heart is breaking for her.

He’s crying because it’s going to be in the papers, people will know he’s a nonce, he’s not crying from guilt or regret IMO, just the realisation that he’s going to have a very bad time, and none of it is really his fault (in his own head).

Narcissists are only concerned with how something affects them, there’s no empathy there. I’d venture as far as saying SaW is the same - all tears over how it’s not her fault, blaming BW for putting the family through this and framing BWs disclosure of SA as a lie without even apparently thinking about it.

I really hope they both go down for life and the children are given some chance at establishing what ‘normal’ looks like, cos this ain’t it.

this is incorrect only witnesses called are not allowed in to court to hear until they have given their evidence

defendants & co defendants are allowed as they must be allowed to hear so they can fairly challenge a witnesses account
But doesn't that give the second person called to the stand an advantage. SaW was definitely not in court last week when ScW

I cannot see her evidence being as long as his bit also the defender doesn’t have to call her as is their right. It’s unlikely they will call her, she he already admitted to the police she lied so I don’t see why she has gone not guilty anyway. Her defence team will know this so it’s unlikely they will call her incase she puts her foot in it and actually breaks and says we did do it and she cops a murder charge on the indictment from her evidence in chief. No point the defence putting her at risk copping a murder charge due to her evidence

As I just said and as one of the Cambridge news links just reported says they aren’t calling her

Anyone else have issue with Stephen Briggs the PT reporter who couldn’t be bothered to go and report last week and he said in his Twitter account yesterday that the court hasn’t sat this week nor for some of last week as to why there hasn’t been any articles

he was called out for lying about this yesterday and has now protected his tweets

We only know this stuff as some of us bothered to attend and report it! However two days no court and on the other two days he was asked maybe 8 questions and just started crying both times that it might appear in the papers! The guy is a mess, but he’s got a long road ahead. What are fellow prisoners like with kiddie fiddlers who murder children?
I would imagine he would be segregated under Rule 45 for his own safety.

Please excuse me if I'm not understanding of the court system. So Saw will not be called for scrutiny due to her pleading guilty to her charges. Why wouldnt Saw take stand as she is the one witness that could tell more of the situation etc. Again apologies if I'm misunderstanding

Please excuse me if I'm not understanding of the court system. So Saw will not be called for scrutiny due to her pleading guilty to her charges. Why wouldnt Saw take stand as she is the one witness that could tell more of the situation etc. Again apologies if I'm misunderstanding
Self preservation, she has pleaded guilty to her offences on the indictment so doesn’t need to give evidence. Even if she pleaded not guilty you don’t have to give evidence, that decision is always down to you and your defence team and not the prosecution.

In terms of self preservation what if she went into the box and broke down and said we did do it or she is buried there and then if that happened the judge will direct the prosecution to add further charges and amend the indictment. She is basically not giving evidence incase she incriminates herself into anything - similar to pleading the fifth in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard