Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Cowardly *** cries like a baby when he doesnt like the questions and tries to run away!! Nothing compared to what he put Berni through.

Grrrrr :mad:

2. MIdge28

MIdge28 Well-Known Member

Hi all - just a quick catch up while I’m on lunch break! I’ll type up a full report later. The Telegraph account is pretty accurate. ScWwas visibly nervous when he began. He was shaking and unable to look at the jury. It took 40 mins to persuade him to return to the stand where he’s being taken through the 3am phone call to the police line by line. He’s admitted he knew SaW was lying. He’s very unwilling to talk about SA. He doesn’t want it all over the papers! He’s carrying in this afternoon. Yes the judge is expecting the case to be considered by the jury by the middle of next week. I’m not sure if SaW is here - I haven’t seen her.

3. MIdge28

MIdge28 Well-Known Member

Hi all - just a quick catch up while I’m on lunch break! I’ll type up a full report later. The Telegraph account is pretty accurate. ScWwas visibly nervous when he began. He was shaking and unable to look at the jury. It took 40 mins to persuade him to return to the stand where he’s being taken through the 3am phone call to the police line by line. He’s admitted he knew SaW was lying. He’s very unwilling to talk about SA. He doesn’t want it all over the papers! He’s carrying in this afternoon. Yes the judge is expecting the case to be considered by the jury by the middle of next week. I’m not sure if SaW is here - I haven’t seen her.

4. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

After Scott finishes then his Defence Counsel may call other witnesses - although I suspect not, as I think all the relevant people have been called already by the Prosecution.
    If he finishes today or early tomorrow then there is time for Sarah to give evidence tomorrow and Friday.

That would mean closing arguments and Judge's summing up on Monday and Tuesday next week, with the Jury going out mid week.

The Jury will very likely return both verdicts at the same time. I think I have only followed one case where a verdict against one accused was brought in and the Jury then continued deliberations on the second accused.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  5. aeaea

aeaea Active Member

classic narcissism - just like his breakdown on the stand, it’s all about him. MOO

6. Homo Habilis

Homo Habilis Former Member

Excellent. Thanks MIdge28.

7. Kangsul

Kangsul Active Member

im so worried that the jury wont be convinced that ScW murdered B

8. jackal67

jackal67 Well-Known Member

Don't think SaW will be allowed in court while ScW is being cross examined and vice versa

9. jackal67

Did he actually say he doesn't want it all over the papers!!! ? What planet is he on ?

10. jackal67

Think it will all depend on how good a job the prosecution does JMO

11. jackal67

But prosecution have hardly asked him anything yet . Surely they wont be finished with him by today?

Marg from Oz and Scorpiette like this.
  12. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

Has anyone outright said to him ‘ where have you put her, she deserves a funeral, I’m sure you want to do the right thing now, let’s do it’

he sounds emotional and remorseful.

13. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

he’s refusing though, so it’s up to his defence to summarise and they move on. Otherwise you will never find anyone guilty as they will just refuse to attend court until they pass away!

Marg from Oz and jackal67 like this.
  14. Scorpiette

Scorpiette Well-Known Member

I'm really intrigued when SaW will take the stand?

mrazda71 and Marg from Oz like this.
  15. jackal67

Surely the prosecution should still keep asking all they want to know even if he gives a no comment answer? He did agree to take the stand after all.

16. jackal67

Yes me too. That's if she does though.

RusselSprout, Scorpiette and Tortoise like this.
  17. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

I have no idea.
    But if he does carry on tomorrow and Friday, then my guess would be that Sarah is not giving evidence.

18. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Don't forget his first day under cross-examination (Wednesday last week) went virtually unreported. We only got to hear the bit about the cameras in the bathroom /sweet wrappers in the toilet rolls.

19. jackal67

Yes I forgot about that. So frustrating not knowing what he has or hasn't been questioned about !

20. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

We only know this stuff as some of us bothered to attend and report it! However two days no court and on the other two days he was asked maybe 8 questions and just started crying both times that it might appear in the papers! The guy is a mess, but he’s got a long road ahead. What are fellow prisoners like with kiddie fiddlers who murder children?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.