Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - just a quick catch up while I’m on lunch break! I’ll type up a full report later. The Telegraph account is pretty accurate. ScWwas visibly nervous when he began. He was shaking and unable to look at the jury. It took 40 mins to persuade him to return to the stand where he’s being taken through the 3am phone call to the police line by line. He’s admitted he knew SaW was lying. He’s very unwilling to talk about SA. He doesn’t want it all over the papers! He’s carrying in this afternoon. Yes the judge is expecting the case to be considered by the jury by the middle of next week. I’m not sure if SaW is here - I haven’t seen her.
Excellent. Thanks MIdge28.

Hi all - just a quick catch up while I’m on lunch break! I’ll type up a full report later. The Telegraph account is pretty accurate. ScWwas visibly nervous when he began. He was shaking and unable to look at the jury. It took 40 mins to persuade him to return to the stand where he’s being taken through the 3am phone call to the police line by line. He’s admitted he knew SaW was lying. He’s very unwilling to talk about SA. He doesn’t want it all over the papers! He’s carrying in this afternoon. Yes the judge is expecting the case to be considered by the jury by the middle of next week. I’m not sure if SaW is here - I haven’t seen her.
Don't think SaW will be allowed in court while ScW is being cross examined and vice versa

Did he actually say he doesn't want it all over the papers!!! ? What planet is he on ?

After Scott finishes then his Defence Counsel may call other witnesses - although I suspect not, as I think all the relevant people have been called already by the Prosecution.
If he finishes today or early tomorrow then there is time for Sarah to give evidence tomorrow and Friday.

That would mean closing arguments and Judge's summing up on Monday and Tuesday next week, with the Jury going out mid week.

The Jury will very likely return both verdicts at the same time. I think I have only followed one case where a verdict against one accused was brought in and the Jury then continued deliberations on the second accused.
But prosecution have hardly asked him anything yet . Surely they wont be finished with him by today?

But prosecution have hardly asked him anything yet . Surely they wont be finished with him by today?

he’s refusing though, so it’s up to his defence to summarise and they move on. Otherwise you will never find anyone guilty as they will just refuse to attend court until they pass away!

he’s refusing though, so it’s up to his defence to summarise and they move on. Otherwise you will never find anyone guilty as they will just refuse to attend court until they pass away!
Surely the prosecution should still keep asking all they want to know even if he gives a no comment answer? He did agree to take the stand after all.

Don't forget his first day under cross-examination (Wednesday last week) went virtually unreported. We only got to hear the bit about the cameras in the bathroom /sweet wrappers in the toilet rolls.

Don't forget his first day under cross-examination (Wednesday last week) went virtually unreported. We only got to hear the bit about the cameras in the bathroom /sweet wrappers in the toilet rolls.
Yes I forgot about that. So frustrating not knowing what he has or hasn't been questioned about !

We only know this stuff as some of us bothered to attend and report it! However two days no court and on the other two days he was asked maybe 8 questions and just started crying both times that it might appear in the papers! The guy is a mess, but he’s got a long road ahead. What are fellow prisoners like with kiddie fiddlers who murder children?

They are asking ScW about the phone call Saw made, I get why they're asking Scott, but surely they need to ask Sarah directly too, since she made the phone call?

Both as bad as each other. Both blatantly lied right from the start. What parent does that when their child is missing? If you were not involved you would naturally do all you could to help police find them, not turn out one untruth after another

We only know this stuff as some of us bothered to attend and report it! However two days no court and on the other two days he was asked maybe 8 questions and just started crying both times that it might appear in the papers! The guy is a mess, but he’s got a long road ahead. What are fellow prisoners like with kiddie fiddlers who murder children?
He will not be in general population in prison but will be in the vulnerable prisoners wing with other sex offenders etc. However he has not been charged with any sexual offences and highly unlikely to admit to any IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean