Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by RobinCAL, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackal67

jackal67 Well-Known Member

Great stuff ! Good luck

2. jackal67

Great stuff ! Good luck

jackiekenn and Marg from Oz like this.
  3. Resident71

Resident71 Active Member

It’s a difficult one to name it, I would class it as Werrington, however as you can tell you’re a few hundred metres from Milking Nook/ Newborough. If you followed the farm track (let’s assume East - direction of travel where the car is facing) that’s about a mile and comes out near the aforementioned garden centre and I would most definitely call that Gunthorpe. There’s also a mast there but I don’t know what it controls so I’m not much use there I’m afraid.

Regarding the path? I come past it a lot and yeah there’s usually people walking but it’s not the most popular for someone walking alone (at night as well) due to the limited amount of visibility you have, you turn the corner before you can see what’s coming on the underpass. For those not local the water there doesn’t run fast and it’s only half a metre deep. Regarding where the car is on that photo, there was actually recently (February 2021 if I’m remembering correctly) a unit there, like a portable one? Not sure if that’s any relevance.

jackal67, MIdge28 and Marg from Oz like this.
  4. MeganS

MeganS Active Member

The skaters way idea may have been a complete lie in regards to his tracking, but my thought process is when his phone was switched off? could he have gone to skaters way then? I'm no expert in lying but if you were trying to make a story believable I think sometimes people add 'true' bits in or slightly relevant bits to make their story seem genuine, Maybe he passed skaters way when he was disposing of the body the first time? If that is also the case then the whole 'she ran out of the car' could also be true? she may have ran out the car to get away from him and he managed to catch her? He doesn't seem a super mastermind with some of the things mentioned in court over the past week and I believe he has been lucky, he may be trying to keep his story straight by half telling the truth?

5. CSIAngus

CSIAngus Well-Known Member

They first reported Skaters Way to the police as Salters Avenue which doesn't exist. I think this bit was always a lie that they couldn't even deliver straight. They wouldn't draw attention to any of the real locations unless they were completely stupid. I do agree that she ran out of the car to get away from him but that he caught her and killed her. That seems plausible to me. It wouldn't have been hard if she was in goth boots and he in trainers. I also think that is where she is buried or close by. I don't think we'll ever know where unless ScW confesses.

6. MeganS

MeganS Active Member

I pray that he folds and gives away the location, and if he doesn’t then I will take every square at a time and search that whole area surrounding Peterborough top to bottom,

she will be found no matter how long or what it takes, I wish the news had taken more of an interest and drummed up more of a public outrage, more help and more searches,

I know not similar but the girl from Milton Keynes who went missing who has still not been found the news seemed to forget all about her too,

I had a little emotional moment earlier today when out shopping a mother decided to abuse her child say the most vile things I have ever heard said to a child and try to physically hurt the child infront of the whole supermarket to the point of staff getting involved, it was awful to watch (I tried to help as best I could also) and it made me think of B and how I will never understand parents whether step parents or biological who cannot love their child and to physically dislike/hate someone they raised it really saddens me

7. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

I hope you guys are right but I don’t see a discovery happening unless he cracks. If we place on the map the places we know he was (as far away as tulip in Spalding) and then plot where you could conceivably go in a car during all the times the phones were off (even at 40mph) the search area is vast. It covers 3 counties of fenland, dukes, quarries, nature reserves and woods.

Becky53, Alyce, MeganS and 7 others like this.
  8. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

9. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Kasmeer, Alyce, Legally Bland and 6 others like this.
  10. mrazda71

mrazda71 Human bean

I've experienced this, if staff don't call police then you need to get a car reg or something to identify them so that it can be investigated (I've discretely followed someone before) - if that's what the child gets in public, imagine what goes on behind closed doors.

11. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

I thought it had been halted due to covid. In which case that’s still 10 days. Apologies if I got that wrong…the media have stopped reporting this case full stop!

I have never been selected for jury service, but I can imagine this one isn’t the most pleasant. You could be away from work for months at this rate

12. Homo Habilis

Homo Habilis Former Member

13. Homo Habilis

'This morning the jury were told it is likely they will retire to consider their verdicts at some point in the middle of next week.'

What, as to whether he's guilty of murder? Already?

14. CSIAngus

CSIAngus Well-Known Member

I had a two month case. Most fascinating experience of my life. Thankfully not a murder or child abuse case.

15. Homo Habilis

Today he [Scott] took to the stand to continue answering questions, after starting giving his evidence last week.

Prosecutor Lisa Wilding QC was asking him about the call Bernadette’s mum, Sarah Walker, had made to police to report her missing.
    But after a few minutes on the stand, Scott Walker said: “Can I request to step down?”

Both prosecutor Ms Wilding and judge Mrs Justice Maura McGowan explained the procedure about what would happen - that Ms Wilding would continue asking him questions, before his defence counsel, Elizabeth Marsh QC, would ask him more questions, and that this was the last chance he would get to tell the jury his side of the story.

Scott Walker replied: “I want to apologise and step down.” When asked what he wanted to apologise for, he said ‘for stepping down.’

The court took a short break, and after the break, Scott Walker returned to continue answering questions.

Bernadette Walker was last seen alive on July 18, when Scott Walker picked her up from her grandparents’ house in the morning. In the days previously she had made allegations that Scott Walker had sexually abused her.

Scott Walker has said that on the journey home, Bernadette had got out of the car and walked off.

While she was last seen alive on the morning of Saturday, July 18, her disappearance was not reported to police until the early hours of Tuesday, July 21, when Sarah Walker made a 101 call to police.

Before the break, Ms Wilding asked Scott Walker if he knew Sarah Walker would be making that call.

He said: “Yes, I knew Sarah was phoning the police, yes.”

He was asked if he knew the purpose of the call was to report Bernadette missing, to which he replied ‘yes.’

Ms Wilding asked if it had been discussed what would be said during the call. He said: “No.” He also said it was Sarah Walker’s decision to contact police.

Ms Wilding said: “On your account, Bernadette walked away from your car just before Saturday lunchtime. All of Saturday has gone by, all of Sunday has gone by, all of Monday has gone by and it is now 3am on Tuesday morning. Why hadn’t police been called any sooner to report a 17-year-old girl had gone missing?”

Scott Walker replied: “I don’t recall.”

He was asked: “Had you given any thought to alerting the authorities?”

He said: “No, I was leaving it all to Sarah.”

He was then asked if there had been any conversations between him and Sarah as to whether to report Bernadette missing.

He said there had been a conversation, but when asked what that conversation had been, he replied ‘I don’t recall.’

He was asked if there was a deliberate decision made not to report her missing, to which he replied ‘no.’

Ms Wilding then said: “Think hard about the conversation that you had with Sarah about whether or not to report Bernadette missing.”

Scott replied: “I’m thinking hard, and I can’t recall.”

At that point he asked to step down from the witness stand.

This morning the jury were told it is likely they will retire to consider their verdicts at some point in the middle of next week.

16. jackal67

Seriously ? He obviously needed time to think even harder! More cock and bull stories to come no doubt.

17. jackal67

18. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

19. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

I’m not liking this trial. I’m sorry but it’s been two weeks of nothing so far. Constant stop start and very little questioning or evidence.

I think both are going down for life, but I don’t think either are safe convictions. He’s had no comment of recollection of anything, she’s blatantly gaslighting…but we have nothing substantial and they are meant to give a verdict next week.

I would rather it takes as long as it takes. If he’s going to cry every 3 questions then so be it. The poor girl deserves justice

20. helenvic

helenvic Well-Known Member

I had assumed that after ScW was cross-examined by the prosecution, SaW would then take the stand to first be questioned by her defence and then cross-examined by the prosecution. I had further assumed that only then would both received the jury's verdicts.

When will SaW take the stand?
    Can ScW receive his verdict independently of SaW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.