Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine we discussed this already many threads ago, but can’t recall. Certainly someone or some place has video of the mustang driving to or into the reserve, right?

IIRC, as far as I know, I don't believe they have footage of the Mustang going to the reserve (at least not that they've announced publicly).

I agree with you. The attorney-client privilege also survives the client's death. The client's estate steps in to the shoes of the client. So it's not like if he's dead you can suddenly start talking to the feds in violation of your ethical duties and privilege.
BBM I didn;t know that! thanks for clarifying.

You think it's possible Brian left his parents a suicide note?
Anything's possible. But he may have left them a note at the house. Or he may have said he was going on a hike, left, and then called to say goodbye. At any rate, if they went and retrieved the car, they may have done so because they knew he was dead.

Why did he fly home?
Kind of makes no sense…….
If they broke up. Why didnt she continue on or head home? Did she ask him to come back?

or did he go home for another reason?
I wasn’t there, so I don’t know. I speculate that they agreed to take a short break from each other. That is why I wonder if it was a round trip ticket initially, which I think it was. She wouldn’t have sat working on the blog video if they broke up. What would be the point?

On speculation that the Ls know BL is dead and that is why they are so blasé about him being MIA:

I don't think that is so. While I agree their behavior has been less than that of desperate worried parents. They seem rather the opposite. However, my biggest argument against them knowing for sure that BL is dead is that they would end their media circus protester torture and want their son's body found so they could bury this golden child of theirs. If he is dead and they know it for fact then the Ls would be screaming from the rooftops that their darling child is gone and needs to be found and laid to rest, thereby ending their own prisoner in our home situation.

On speculation that the Ls know BL is dead and that is why they are so blasé about him being MIA:

I don't think that is so. While I agree their behavior has been less than that of desperate worried parents. They seem rather the opposite. However, my biggest argument against them knowing for sure that BL is dead is that they would end their media circus protester torture and want their son's body found so they could bury this golden child of theirs. If he is dead and they know it for fact then the Ls would be screaming from the rooftops that their darling child is gone and needs to be found and laid to rest, thereby ending their own prisoner in our home situation.
Very good points!

wow.. great sleuthing, did not know a Venice sticker was on white van.

Local knowledge...Some people would rather say they're from Venice rather than North Port.
It's about $$ appearances, rather than having anything to do with the search. Myakkahatchee in North Port shares a border with the Carlton in Venice.

Am I the only one who would love to see them search in some area that’s NOT the Carlton Reserve? Lol. I hope they have definitive proof he has been there or went there at some point. And j definitely hope the FBI knows more than we do. This just has the feeling of a snipe hunt to me but I REALLY hope I’m wrong. I just can’t imagine they’d be doing all of this on the word of his parents but idk…
JMO.

Here's hoping the water receding has opened up more areas to search? perhaps the Laundries insisted Brian is there again.

They just showed a controlled burn being conducted in the Reserve, unrelated to the BL search. I know about controlled burns, I live here and I know they're normal, but isn't anyone concerned that it might destroy evidence? Assuming they really believe BL is out there, or that some sort of evidence is there.

That's hindsight thinking. We know she is dead now so we see it as a normal thing to call police when we think someone is hiding a crime. But on Sept 10, they had only recently begun thinking that it's strange she hasn't contacted them. Would you call the police to go ask the parents of your future son in law if they knew where the kids were or would you take a short drive and ask them yourself first.
A several hours drive isn’t short to me, but I hate driving even 30 minutes so to me this is the natural way I’d do things. I would have called the cops just like they did. Clearly they had an intuitive feeling that something was wrong, and they were correct. Once enough calls and texts were ignored, it makes perfect sense to me to trust their gut feelings and call the cops. What good would going over there be? Do you think they would have answered the door? All this would lead to is a conflict.

They just showed a controlled burn being conducted in the Reserve, unrelated to the BL search. I know about controlled burns, I live here and I know they're normal, but isn't anyone concerned that it might destroy evidence? Assuming they really believe BL is out there, or that some sort of evidence is there.
I was wondering if that would have an effect on the dogs searching?

Maybe some smoke would help flush him out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member