17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
LO suggests lawyers newser was to protect their licenses -- distancing themselves from any possibility that GZ left the country.

8 us airports now have chartered flights to Cuba

I'm not sure if the travel is open to anyone or only to those who immigrated to the US and go back to see family. When we were in Europe, there were bill boards and ads all over the place for travel to Cuba!

and a personal service type contract issue can't be remedied by an order for specific performance. You can sue for breaches as to the adequacy etc of the service rendered but no one can make another person perform any services for them.

There are rules for lawyers involved, for example, in criminal representation during a case. The court has to be notified of any wish to withdraw and it has to be approved and there needs to be a cause.

If they had a legal relationship then they can sue Zimmerman for breach of contract. It goes both ways.

I think he would have to go to Cuba from a location outside the US. I don't think there are any regular commercial flights from the US.

8 us airports now have chartered flights to Cuba

Dont know that posted twice. Sorry

I hope commercial travel to Cuba resumes before I die. Last time I was there I was 8. My mom, sisters and brother were born there.

I hope so too. I have grandchildren who are 1/4 Cuban. I'd like to think some day they could go there for a visit and see relatives.

Do we have any information that ANYBODY has seen GZ since the night of the killing? This story that he is hiding because of death threats is wearing kinda thin.

LO suggests lawyers newser was to protect their licenses -- distancing themselves from any possibility that GZ left the country.

Why would they lose their license if GZ left the country? What they did today was a heck of a lot worse than a client skipping town, IMO.

I'm not sure if the travel is open to anyone or only to those who immigrated to the US and go back to see family. When we were in Europe, there were bill boards and ads all over the place for travel to Cuba!

I'm pretty sure you still have to have a legitimate reason to go. People mostly elect to fly from Mexico or Canada as they don't want the passport stamp

Wonder if today was just a way to pull the wool over the people and media? Could an arrest come sooner than 72 hours, like tonight? Everyone's guard is down for sure.

I hope so too. I have grandchildren who are 1/4 Cuban. I'd like to think some day they could go there for a visit and see relatives.

I want to go to Cuba so bad!! We passed Cuba, could see it in the distance, when I went on a cruise... I wanted to jump off and swim to Cuba! It's a fascinating place to me? I don't know why?

And if all the men look like that fine Cuban man on DWTS, I really, really want to go!

MOO

There are some standard rotator flights from some other US bases, but I don't think I can legally list them. I'm retired military with space a privileges so I see them listed regularly

My husband was stationed there in 64'. I was due to leave within the week to join him and Castro cut the water pipe so my trip was cancelled and I had to stay here in the states until he returned. I have heard Cuba was quite the place years ago. Not so much today. jmo

and has no effect on the formation of the attorney client relationship. In MA, you don't file a formal notice-the rules just provide all pleadings, motions etc have to be signed by an attorney and the signing of any such paper,
shall constitute an appearance by the attorney who signs it, unless the paper states otherwise

Only for a short time because in order to become someones attorney legally you have to file with the court. Notice of Representation.

Wonder if today was just a way to pull the wool over the people and media? Could an arrest come sooner than 72 hours, like tonight? Everyone's guard is down for sure.

Could be. The press release stated within the next 72 hours and that the media would be notified 3 hours in advance.

Corey to present new information in Trayvon Martin case
Teen shot dead in Sanford by neighborhood watch leader

Published On: Apr 10 2012 08:17:15 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 10 2012 08:40:59 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. -
State Attorney Angela Corey, the special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, announced on Tuesday night that she will hold a news conference sometime within the next three days.

In a memo from her office, Corey said she will release new information regarding the shooting death investigation.

The media will be notified three hours in advance of the news conference as to when and where it will be held -- either Jacksonville or Sanford.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Corey- ... 8jrgr0z/-/

My husband was stationed there in 64'. I was due to leave within the week to join him and Castro cut the water pipe so my trip was cancelled and I had to stay here in the states until he returned. I have heard Cuba was quite the place years ago. Not so much today. jmo

I know quite a few UK citizens who have been and quite liked it..Bottom line is that I don't think GZ could get there legally

Going back to read what I missed, but so far, all I have to say is what a farking hot mess this is!!!!

and a personal service type contract issue can't be remedied by an order for specific performance. You can sue for breaches as to the adequacy etc of the service rendered but no one can make another person perform any services for them.

There are rules for lawyers involved, for example, in criminal representation during a case. The court has to be notified of any wish to withdraw and it has to be approved and there needs to be a cause.

Which doesn't apply here because they never filed, and there is a question as to whether there was any contract, was there a meeting of the minds?

Could be. The press release stated within the next 72 hours and that the media would be notified 3 hours in advance.

Corey to present new information in Trayvon Martin case
Teen shot dead in Sanford by neighborhood watch leader

Published On: Apr 10 2012 08:17:15 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 10 2012 08:40:59 PM EDT

SANFORD, Fla. -
State Attorney Angela Corey, the special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, announced on Tuesday night that she will hold a news conference sometime within the next three days.

In a memo from her office, Corey said she will release new information regarding the shooting death investigation.

The media will be notified three hours in advance of the news conference as to when and where it will be held -- either Jacksonville or Sanford.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Corey- ... 8jrgr0z/-/

If she holds the news conference in Sanford, it's good news... if she holds the press conference in Jacksonville, it's bad news.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member