2008.10.16 WFTV reports NEW witness list #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this person saw her and LE checked it out then they may have asked them to hold off releasing the info until after the GJ. That could be why now instead of before.

We really don't have all the info LE has.

About a month ago there was a woman who said she saw a woman who looked like KC walking out of the woods. I wonder if it is her.

I do remember this one. She was very sure. as I remember. that her sighting occurred on 6/27 and it was along the 417 highway. I discounted that one because of when the car was spotted at Amscot by the manager. But since then, Padilla has said that he believes KC picked the car back up. So maybe it is that woman.

Yea it sounds like the same exact story that woman was telling a while back. Either it could be made up, or there actually was a seperate man and woman that witnessed the same thing around the same time/place.

I guess we will find out at 6PM. It will be quite interesting if it was 2 seperate people who saw the same thing. WFTV Channel 9 is the one who has it.

I thought there was a guy ( possibly a cab driver?) that reported he thought he saw KC, before the lady who thought she saw the car parked on the median. Could it perhaps be him, or was he ruled out as credible? Sorry if I remember this incorrectly.

If this person saw her and LE checked it out then they may have asked them to hold off releasing the info until after the GJ. That could be why now instead of before.

We really don't have all the info LE has.

Good point.

Do we know for a fact that the woman who reported a similar sighting was alone when she saw Casey? Maybe this person was with her.

Susan

have to agree with you here Chilly. When we moved to this area 3 years ago, we watched all three local news channels a couple of times to decide which station would be our choice to get local info from. WFTV is not the one we chose:) Sometimes they are in such a rush to get stuff on air, they make really serious mistakes and then have to back track. And other times they are just flat out wrong!

I actually kind of like them on this particular case - because they're not afraid of ticking off Baez or the Anthony's, and that's a good thing. Their reporting has been a little harder, and asking more provocative questions that I like seeing asked, of Team Casey.

They are not afraid of calling them on their BS.

This guy sounds like the one who made this claim over the summer to some website. I think it was a hoax, but with all the other stuff it's getting hard to remember.

I saw him posting on another site (that I will not name) a few months ago. He was in a car with a friend and he said he joked that if a body turned up missing that they would know where it was burried. I believe he was still trying to contact LE. He said he saw a woman on the side of the road getting into her trunk and pulling out a shovel. Although I cannot recall what day he said he saw her.:waitasec:

If it was the same location as the woman who claimed to see the same thing, I would give it more credibility. I sure hope he spoke to le if he is serious and not just out looking for attention like so many others.

Maybe, just maybe, this witness has already spoken to LE and LE is done with their investigation of the witness statement. That could explain why we haven't heard about this until now.

:confused: :waitasec:

That's what I was thinking, that they had already talked to LE. At least I hope they have if they are legit.

I saw him posting on another site (that I will not name) a few months ago. He was in a car with a friend and he said he joked that if a body turned up missing that they would know where it was burried. I believe he was still trying to contact LE. He said he saw a woman on the side of the road getting into her trunk and pulling out a shovel. Although I cannot recall what day he said he saw her.:waitasec:

One of the reasons this guy's story was discounted was that he was on an expressway or highway and no one could believe someone would bury a body in daylight within clear view of all of the traffic. Seems our ping experts could now compare the time and location of the sighting with known ping locations. Pings had not been released when he first popped up.

I don't know if I am recalling the same post as you, but in the post did he say he was taking his friend to work & that's why he remembered the time?

here is a copy of that account...is not clear to me, Man or Woman...I found it on wordpress...search terms casey, highway, shovel, 417, I-4....

"What I don’t understand is that there is apparently only one person assigned at each hotline location because I have tried to call and get either a busy signal or a message stating “this number is not accepting calls at this time”. I finally got through to the officer in charge of the case and left a voice mail to no avail. He has never called me back. Let’s just say that on June 27th we (my friend and I) took the 417 north from my office in Kissimmee to avoid the traffic on I-4. At one point on I-4 spotted a young lady about 30 feet to the right of the shoulder of the road lifing a short shovel out of the trunk of her light colored pontiac. I thought it was preculiar and made the comment to my friend to make a mental note that if anyone turns up missing we know where they may be burried (at the time I thought I was joking). My friend called me cynical and paranoid, and I told him he was probably right. My come-back was “yeah, you’re probably right. Maybe she’s just digging up wildflowers or burrying a pet if she lives in an apartment and doesn’t have a yard to burry it in. When the news hit that Caylee was missing it didn’t occur to me until I once again took 417 north another time to avoid traffic and as I came to that spot I had a vision of the young girl again. I litterally had to pull off to the side of the road to compose myself. I came home and asked my friend if he recalled our conversation. He said yes, but he said don’t be surprised if they don’t listen to you. Because I couldn’t reach anyone that would listen at the sherrif’s department, I emailed Gale XX XXXX the other evening. She still hasn’t called me. There had to be other people driving along 417 on June 27th that saw what I saw. The traffic was pretty heavy at 6PM. I am sure about the date because my friend dropped me off at work in Kissimmee, barrowed my car to do some marketing for his business in the Kissimmee area and then picked me up. I have credit card receipts from discount movie tickets I purchased as gifts that day. If you recall the gas cans that George Anthony found in the daughter’s car were recovered on the 24th of June. The car was abandonned and towed from Amscott on the 27th of June in the evening."

here is a copy of that account...is not clear to me, Man or Woman...I found it on wordpress...search terms casey, highway, shovel, 417, I-4....

"What I don’t understand is that there is apparently only one person assigned at each hotline location because I have tried to call and get either a busy signal or a message stating “this number is not accepting calls at this time”. I finally got through to the officer in charge of the case and left a voice mail to no avail. He has never called me back. Let’s just say that on June 27th we (my friend and I) took the 417 north from my office in Kissimmee to avoid the traffic on I-4. At one point on I-4 spotted a young lady about 30 feet to the right of the shoulder of the road lifing a short shovel out of the trunk of her light colored pontiac. I thought it was preculiar and made the comment to my friend to make a mental note that if anyone turns up missing we know where they may be burried (at the time I thought I was joking). My friend called me cynical and paranoid, and I told him he was probably right. My come-back was “yeah, you’re probably right. Maybe she’s just digging up wildflowers or burrying a pet if she lives in an apartment and doesn’t have a yard to burry it in. When the news hit that Caylee was missing it didn’t occur to me until I once again took 417 north another time to avoid traffic and as I came to that spot I had a vision of the young girl again. I litterally had to pull off to the side of the road to compose myself. I came home and asked my friend if he recalled our conversation. He said yes, but he said don’t be surprised if they don’t listen to you. Because I couldn’t reach anyone that would listen at the sherrif’s department, I emailed Gale XX XXXX the other evening. She still hasn’t called me. There had to be other people driving along 417 on June 27th that saw what I saw. The traffic was pretty heavy at 6PM. I am sure about the date because my friend dropped me off at work in Kissimmee, barrowed my car to do some marketing for his business in the Kissimmee area and then picked me up. I have credit card receipts from discount movie tickets I purchased as gifts that day. If you recall the gas cans that George Anthony found in the daughter’s car were recovered on the 24th of June. The car was abandonned and towed from Amscott on the 27th of June in the evening."

I find it very difficult to believe that Casey would pull off the side of a busy road during rush hour to bury Caylee's body. Besides, at 6pm on the 27th, wasn't Casey's car sitting in the Amscot lot?

Good point.

Do we know for a fact that the woman who reported a similar sighting was alone when she saw Casey? Maybe this person was with her.

Susan

As I remember it, she did say something to her boyfriend who was with her, "Well, if I ever want to bury a body I see now how I can do it in plain sight." I'm paraphrasing but essentially that is what she said.

I don't know if I am recalling the same post as you, but in the post did he say he was taking his friend to work & that's why he remembered the time?

Yes, I think he was letting his friend borrow the car that day and they were on there way home, it was in the evening of the 27th. I do not recall what freeway they were on but it also struck them as odd that someone was on the side. A strange place to stop, which might be exactly why she stopped there (if she even did), would not be an obvious place to look.

The post I saw a few months ago is above...

I find it very difficult to believe that Casey would pull off the side of a busy road during rush hour to bury Caylee's body. Besides, at 6pm on the 27th, wasn't Casey's car sitting in the Amscot lot?

Well...2 things, one, did casey come and retrieve the car, as Padilla says?
Or two, could the Amscot lady be off a day?

Seems simple enough, though. Search the area he thinks he saw her. A another person in the car lends credence to me to his story of what he saw. I think Casey is so self-centered and sloppy with her crimes, ie Target video/Amy cheques with Caseys signature...I wouldn't put it past her. We'll see, I guess.

I wonder if LE has verified this person as a witness, or the TV station is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member