2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The theory has a big problem. The person receiving the "codes" has to know that they are being given codes and also has to know how to decipher them. And she said this to the cops?

Oh I hear you ... but she also told Lee .. It is alot for my head to handle .. but just the same almost supernatural freaky you know..

Facts have never stopped LP before, I'm sure he can find a way to place the girlfriend in the area where Baez and Casey met.

So that tells me right there that noooooooooooo way RK would have met with LP if LP was asking for him to "come clean" to get a reward....especially after he had repeated the story multiple times about RK's girlfriend which apparently had no basis, IMO.

Right.

Who only spends 10-15 minutes searching????

This part of the whole case is what I can't get.

A token search in dress clothes originally at first and ... A track record of never searching for a dead Caylee before or afterwards ... Only live sightings and tips.

Well, I don't believe for one second that ANYONE found Caylee's remains, stashed them in some mysterious location for 4 months, then returned them to the dumpsite. The forensic evidence doesn't support that. Nor does common sense. But it is odd the same guy called 3 times.

The cop that half looked, he was fired right?

Hamsters, according to poster above. I wonder how ICA is with animals when CA isn't around. Sociopaths & animals don't usually mix.

True but usually it's the opposite... they prefer animals to humans at least on some level... Animals don't question the Sociopath or call them out on their behavior... they shower the SP with attention and affection and expect nothing in return (although a little food & water are especially appreciated).

Deputy Cain didn't go into the woods because he and Kronk saw a big snake. He wasn't going to go in there if there were snakes. He was later fired for not following up on that tip. Then, on August 21st tropical storm Faye hits the Orlando area. Over the period of about a week, that tropical storm zig-zagged across the area four times, setting a record. That storm dropped tons of rain, filling up retention ponds, and the area where Kronk spotted the bag was under water for the next 3 and 1/2 months.

Kronk only worked that meter-reader route for the month of August and then was scheduled to work another neighborhood in September, October, and November. In December he was scheduled for the Suburban Drive area again. By then, the water had receded and the bag was visible again.

I'm not disputing your time line in any way and I thank you for the explanation...

But,--and I am just questioning Kronk here--who in the heck is so sure that they've seen a human skeleton and lets a silly reptile get in the way of making sure???? I will never get that. Makes NO sense to me.

I wonder what DC and JH were going to do if they had found Caylee's remains in November. Report to CA and possibly get a huge pay off to remove them? Report to police?
IMO, They just didn't seem all that serious about finding the remains in that video. They didn't stay long enough, and DC had on dress pants and shoes. Not looking very motivated to find the body if there was a big pay off coming. If they knew for sure, I would have expected them to be out there methodically searching for hours.
Maybe CA made it sound like an iffy lead from a psychic and DC said, sure we'll go check it out, rolling his eyes. Maybe JH taped it because he wanted proof they had searched there. Funny though, how DC didn't seem too happy about there being audio on that tape- was probably worried what he may have let slip.
Whatever the case is, we know someone was guiding that search.

I'm not disputing your time line in any way and I thank you for the explanation...

But,--and I am just questioning Kronk here--who in the heck is so sure that they've seen a human skeleton and lets a silly reptile get in the way of making sure???? I will never get that. Makes NO sense to me.

I don't think it was the snake. Cain was basically making fun of him (to Kronk's perspective) and made him feel like an idiot. He was thinking, Well forget it then. I tried to be a good citizen and I get dumped on.

I wonder what DC and JH were going to do if they had found Caylee's remains in November. Report to CA and possibly get a huge pay off to remove them? Report to police?
IMO, They just didn't seem all that serious about finding the remains in that video. They didn't stay long enough, and DC had on dress pants and shoes. Not looking very motivated to find the body if there was a big pay off coming. If they knew for sure, I would have expected them to be out there methodically searching for hours.
Maybe CA made it sound like an iffy lead from a psychic and DC said, sure we'll go check it out, rolling his eyes. Maybe JH taped it because he wanted proof they had searched there. Funny though, how DC didn't seem too happy about there being audio on that tape- was probably worried what he may have let slip.
Whatever the case is, we know someone was guiding that search.

And did either one of these <modsnip> think for a second...Gee, I might not want to hack away at this bag with a utility knife. There might actually be a body in here. Maybe I should be a little careful not to mess up any evidence.

No, I mean the business about the address on Suburban where the remains were found being 8905...and Caylees bday being 8/9/05

Eww. Was the area visibly numbered 8905, like on the curb? Was there any way for ICA to have known that address? I'm thinking of her insisting to her family she will be home by her birthday! A clue for LA? Yikes!

So if Kronk is on the witness list for tomorrow morning, does this mean we won't hear testimony from Tim Miller? I was SO hoping Tim Miller would get to testify!!! I would believe Tim Miller OVER ANYONE ELSE!!!!!

Thanks to our wonderful (and patient) lawyers here, I learned the following: During the state's rebuttal, the DT can do a cross examination of the witnesses. The state can also call witnesses that are not on their original list, and present new evidence if it disproves the testimony already given.

A surrebuttal is a follow-up to the state's rebuttal. I asked if the lawyers thought there would be a surrebuttal by the DT.

Per SoCalSleuth's post in the "Questions For Verified Lawyers" thread:

The DT will only be allowed a surrebuttal if there is something brought out in the rebuttal that permits it, so hard to anticipate one way or the other.

After today's witnesses, James Hoover and Dominic Casey, I think the state will include Tim Miller in their rebuttal. Tim Miller felt that area was a likely area to search because of it's proximity to the Anthony home. The first search done by Texas Eqqusearch was the first week of Sept. 2008.

At that time, the area was under water and no searches were done there. The second search was done the first week in November. By then some of the water had receded and an attempt was made to search the area. But one of the ATVs got stuck in the mud and had to be towed out. Tim cancelled any further search of that area.

Tim has photographs of the amount of water in the area, and I remember he had video showing the ATV being pulled out.

I don't think it was the snake. Cain was basically making fun of him (to Kronk's perspective) and made him feel like an idiot. He was thinking, Well forget it then. I tried to be a good citizen and I get dumped on.

I guess I'm too headstrong of a person. It wouldn't deter me a bit if LE didn't take me seriously...I'd just keep trying. But, I'm not normal...just ask my husband lol.

Eww. Was the area visibly numbered 8905, like on the curb? Was there any way for ICA to have known that address? I'm thinking of her insisting to her family she will be home by her birthday! A clue for LA? Yikes!

That's a huge clue IMO!

Thank you so much for finding this!!!!
This article was dated Aug. 27, 2008; remains were found in Dec. 2008.
So it isn't that much of a stretch to think that someone would have a hunch that the remains would be found there, especially if he drove by that route all the time. To me, MOO, that makes more sense than two detectives-for-hire not being able to find the remains because someone kept moving them. But, once again, it's just my opinion.

Eureka... I have said almost the same thing...
Thanks for the reinforcement lol

I guess I'm too headstrong of a person. It wouldn't deter me a bit if LE didn't take me seriously...I'd just keep trying. But, I'm not normal...just ask my husband lol.

The cops actually asked him why he didn't persist... why he blew it off after being 99% sure he had seen the skull in August. He told them that he had some stressful things come up in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky