2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - yesterday when the "finger" guy did his thing - JP seemed to say that this could have caused a mistrial. If that is the case then why is GA "washing hands" motion not a problem?

No one knows for sure that was hand washing, so at this point it is only rumor.

I heard somewhere that maybe this was a delay tactic in hoping that some of the juries would go home. Then they would bring in alternates. They had a better chance with some of the alternates.

That's what I thought this morning. Doesn't JB know who he's dealing with by now?

A lot of judges would let everyone have the holiday weekend off and continue next week. That's why I love JP - he's very concerned about the jurors and their families and wants them to get back to their lives as soon as possible. I angers me that the DT could care less about this. The DT delays are intentional - they make no attempt to take care of things in an efficient manner.

They are just delaying the inevitable...

Hmm, HLN commentator re Jose Baez's defense strategy "Like a fart in a blizzard, it's just everywhere."

i think i just heard some th on hln say:

"this entire defense is like a fart in a desert!"

lol.

eta: ooops.....i mean, blizzard.....like the person above me already said! :)

Question - yesterday when the "finger" guy did his thing - JP seemed to say that this could have caused a mistrial. If that is the case then why is GA "washing hands" motion not a problem?
Open to interpretation...and when asked he could simply say "I was just wiping off my hands", whatever...don't think he would have responded it meant FU. That kid should have used Morgan's (?) line that he was just pushing up his eye glasses (I know he wasn't wearing eye glasses)...but he could have said lots of things...but told the truth instead.

:floorlaugh: Some TH on IS just compared the defense to a fart in a blizzard... It's all over the place.. :floorlaugh:

Has anyone seen our Mock Juror.....Mountain Kat has been missing since Wednesday afternoon.

Probably drinking to head towards a stupor to alleviate the headache from banging head against the wall and going in circles trying to follow the Defense theory.

I'm sure there is a good reason, but could someone please explain to me why Tracey wasn't called as a SA witness? Was she a liability for some reason? She had some great info about Casey not caring, Cindy handling everything well and treating Casey with kid gloves, and George being the only one distraught and wanting to find Caylee.

UGH. Listening to CA's testimony on wftv. :banghead:
The stain in the car was there when purchased.
Work records. When she was home in March.
ICA's imaginary friends used computer too.
Why am I subjecting myself to this again?!
Dead air space & a bloody mary would be much better.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Didn't someone post on here that Google didn't have the pop-up list of other search terms back in 2008? Does the Prosecution know this?

Did you notice in her interview with VP when he asks her how much money she loans GA, she starts to say thu and then corrects herself to about three....
I don't believe a word she says. WTH does she have to do with Caylee except to add more swamp water to obscure the truth.

and told VP that she sought GA out...that it was SHE who made the first move in the garage! I just wonder who's garage???

KH seemed to have exploitation on her mind. What if, it was SHE who wanted more than just a talking friend from GA? What if he realized what she was after and that's when the texts started with his saying I can't be there, to let her off easy??

It truly doesn't matter if he had an affair or not. That would be between GA/CA and their God. What would that affair have to do with Caylee's demise anyway? All it did was give him incredibility on that subject of KH but he's truly being truthful in regards to ICA. After she put him in this and insinuates he was the one who covered up the alleged 'accidental' drowning, however one spins it, there is no evidence to show it and there would be no reason to cover up a tragic accident. Once ICA accused him of sexual abuse, putting him at the scene of an accidental drowing, he knew WHO is truly the responsible party because he knows he didn't do anything the DT/ICA has accused him of. I don't know why Baez didn't follow the evidence and tell ICA, listen, this scenario doesn't fit and I need the real truth...all TH are still talking about his OS...saying he went too far and this might be what does his client in..as if he helped sign the death warrant...they are also saying when ICA was given a plea deal early in this case, she should have taken it and ran. This was before Caylee's remains were found all she had to do was tell what happened to Caylee..and waiving his rights to a speedy trial was another error on his part. Also with the check fraud, he should have had a continuance on that until after the murder trial so that she wouldn't be a convicted felon by the time this trial came to be...He's apparently very inexperienced, very inept and always goes one question too far and puts his foot in his mouth...I believe Baez suffers from foot in mouth disease and he's just trying this case as he goes along..I also believe he's doing this for his book/movie deal and he's done this for affect...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I wonder if any of defense team caught GA's supposed motion/hand washing and if we can expect a motion on that...

I would imagine so.. since they're most likely reading here. jmho

Hello everyone, I am not sure if anyone else brought this up, but something just dawned on me about GA on the stand saying he didnt use the duct tape, no it wasn't my tape, I don't know if it was my tape sir , How would I know if I ever bought that tape of tape, don't know what type of tape wrapped on the dogs ect...
hummm, why did he do that?...why not just admit yeah, it was my tape why, wouldnt i use it !
Do you think that GA is pulling a Cindy for casey?

I personally looked at it this way. I have probably purchased 100 rolls of duct tape over my lifetime. I buy it from where ever i can get it cheapest. I don't pay attention to brand. I just use it, on a lot of stuff. If I had to testify on how and when I used it, I would probably come across vague and untruthful too.

WFTV has the sidebar from the 24th (sorry if a duplicate, I'm pages behind):

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28418405/detail.html

Thank you ! I have been waiting to see this! But before I read it, something big happened to cause it! Can someone refresh me on what happened right before the sidebar?

ETA: Nevermind it was Saturdays I wanted to see, about the competency. But I'm glad to read this one too!

Hello everyone, I am not sure if anyone else brought this up, but something just dawned on me about GA on the stand saying he didnt use the duct tape, no it wasn't my tape, I don't know if it was my tape sir , How would I know if I ever bought that tape of tape, don't know what type of tape wrapped on the dogs ect...
hummm, why did he do that?...why not just admit yeah, it was my tape why, wouldnt i use it !
Do you think that GA is pulling a Cindy for casey?

If you are talking about JB’s desperate questioning of GA...look at the questions. The video shows a roll of tape on a table in a parking lot. He asks is that your roll of tape? Did anyone else bring tape to the command center? I could not have answered such loose questions under oath. That is why the professionals always check evidence being introduced to make sure it still has their initials on it to make sure they are not getting in a switcheroo trap that ends their credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member