2015.09.09 Extradition of CWW from MO to FL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, exactly. If he starts talking, gives up the location of bodies and/or comes up with evidence in the Missouri cases, the governor can easily revoke the agreement and keep him here to stand trial on those murders. If that becomes the case, he would be tried and if convicted, serve his time here and then be extradited to Florida where he could be tried on those charges. The prisons here in Missouri are far better than the ones in Florida from what I have read and I'm not certain, but I don't think he can get the death penalty here on anything but first degree murder. And if he is doing a plea deal, he will make sure that the death penalty is off the table before he talks.

Here we go! Thank you, SeesSeas. The updated article linked below is very informative!

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2015/09/15/suspect-in-dr-teresa-sievers-death-appears-in-court/72270640/

"The role we have with the governors of other states with extradition generally happen quickly," Holste said. "Any further steps that would take place would take place in Jefferson County."

One of those steps is figuring out Wright's challenge of his extradition. Almond, his attorney, has until Sept. 25 to submit a petition.

Almond said there are a variety of options once the courts review the petition. He refused to speculate on what he thinks will happen, but did say Wright could be extradited immediately after the courts review the petition.

"On the other hand, they could wait until the 30th," Almond said referencing Wright's extradition hearing set for Sept. 30.

Yes, exactly. If he starts talking, gives up the location of bodies and/or comes up with evidence in the Missouri cases, the governor can easily revoke the agreement and keep him here to stand trial on those murders. If that becomes the case, he would be tried and if convicted, serve his time here and then be extradited to Florida where he could be tried on those charges. The prisons here in Missouri are far better than the ones in Florida from what I have read and I'm not certain, but I don't think he can get the death penalty here on anything but first degree murder. And if he is doing a plea deal, he will make sure that the death penalty is off the table before he talks.

No probable cause to arrest CWW for the alleged MO crimes. CWW can't be held in MO until the state has enough evidence to arrest and prosecute him there. FL signed an arrest warrant weeks ago. CWW can't get the death penalty for second degree murder in FL. You commit a crime in FL, you spend the time in FL. No way will he get any kind of deal to stay in MO prison.

Unless you need special care. They need to stop allowing the extradition process to take so long. Especially when the evidence is overwhelming.

If your lawyer can't afford to travel back and forth between states; Then get one in the county where your trial will be held or get a public defender. Or make sure you have enough money to pay your good lawyer's traveling fees when you decide to commit murder in another state. Jmo

No probable cause to arrest CWW for the alleged MO crimes. CWW can't be held in MO until the state has enough evidence to arrest and prosecute him there. FL signed an arrest warrant weeks ago. CWW can't get the death penalty for second degree murder in FL. You commit a crime in FL, you spend the time in FL. No way will he get any kind of deal to stay in MO prison.

I think what the poster was trying to query is the scenario what if CWW confessed in part or in full to involvement in these or who knows what other crimes as a tactic to avoid extradition to FL.

Only thing I am sure of is that the next 9 days are going to be very, very interesting. He has until 9/25 to file that petition. We all should be keeping our ears perked up. We might recognize what sounds like a chorus of canaries tuning up....

Unless you need special care. They need to stop allowing the extradition process to take so long. Especially when the evidence is overwhelming.

If your lawyer can't afford to travel back and forth between states; Then get one in the county where your trial will be held or get a public defender. Or make sure you have enough money to pay your good lawyer's traveling fees when you decide to commit murder in another state. Jmo

I seriously doubt his MO lawyer, Armond, is licensed to practice in Florida.

I seriously doubt his MO lawyer, Armond, is licensed to practice in Florida.

Lol. Maybe he should have thought about that before traveling to Florida to do what he did. Lol

But yes. Lawyers do need to be certified in each state of practice. You got me. Lol

only thing i am sure of is that the next 9 days are going to be very, very interesting. He has until 9/25 to file that petition. We all should be keeping our ears perked up. we might recognize what sounds like a chorus of canaries tuning up....
bbm

🎶🐥🐥🐥🐥🎶🐥🐥🐥🐥🎶🐥🐥🐥🐥🎶🐥🐥🐥🐥🎶🐥🐥🐥🐥🎶🐥🐥🐥🐥🎶🐥🐥🐥🐥🎶

Only thing I am sure of is that the next 9 days are going to be very, very interesting. He has until 9/25 to file that petition. We all should be keeping our ears perked up. We might recognize what sounds like a chorus of canaries tuning up....
SOUTHWEST, Fla. - A spokesperson for Governor Rick Scott's office confirms that he has signed an extradition application for Curtis Wayne Wright and has forwarded it to officials in Missouri.Wright is currently in a Missouri jail on a warrant in connection to the murder of Teresa Sievers back in June. His extradition hearing is still set for September 30, 2015.http://www.scrippsmedia.com/fox4now/news/Gov-Scott-signs-extradition-application-for-Curtis-Wayne-Wright-326116211.html

So, what are the 9 days? Once the extradition petition is approved doesnt he just get sent to Florida? 9 days from today will be Sept. 25th but the hearing is set for Sept. 30th. I am confused???

Here we go! Thank you, SeesSeas. The updated article linked below is very informative!

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...resa-sievers-death-appears-in-court/72270640/

"The role we have with the governors of other states with extradition generally happen quickly," Holste said. "Any further steps that would take place would take place in Jefferson County."

One of those steps is figuring out Wright's challenge of his extradition. Almond, his attorney, has until Sept. 25 to submit a petition.

Almond said there are a variety of options once the courts review the petition. He refused to speculate on what he thinks will happen, but did say Wright could be extradited immediately after the courts review the petition.

"On the other hand, they could wait until the 30th," Almond said referencing Wright's extradition hearing set for Sept. 30.

SOUTHWEST, Fla. - A spokesperson for Governor Rick Scott's office confirms that he has signed an extradition application for Curtis Wayne Wright and has forwarded it to officials in Missouri.Wright is currently in a Missouri jail on a warrant in connection to the murder of Teresa Sievers back in June. His extradition hearing is still set for September 30, 2015.http://www.scrippsmedia.com/fox4now/news/Gov-Scott-signs-extradition-application-for-Curtis-Wayne-Wright-326116211.html

So, what are the 9 days? Once the extradition petition is approved doesnt he just get sent to Florida? 9 days from today will be Sept. 25th but the hearing is set for Sept. 30th. I am confused???

It's in the new article beach & SeesSeas updated last night.

9/15/2015 - Suspect in Dr. Teresa Sievers' death appears in court
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...resa-sievers-death-appears-in-court/72270640/

Wright's attorney, Daris Almond, said waiving the bond was procedural because the seriousness of Wright's charge means he's not entitled to bond in Missouri.

Side note: I wish SC felt the same way. (Heather Elvis case) IMO I think most states should not allow anyone charged with murder to be "out on the town" prior to trial. That is just MOO though.

I just received this link early this morn, was posted on WINK News dated yesterday, 9/14/15, but don't know what time.... "Suspect in Sievers murder linked to 1996 disappearance case"

http://www.winknews.com/2015/09/14/suspect-in-sievers-murder-linked-to-1996-disappearance-case/

I hope CWW being suspect in this 1996 disappearance does NOT prevent OR slow down his extradition to FL----those privy to such PLEASE COMMENT

Mods, PLEASE delete if this was previously posted---I did a quick check but could have missed it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-in-the-Second-Degree&p=12069338#post12069338

msboo, please see post in CWW thread from beach with an important admin note on other cases.

Thanks Rivers..... I read what Beach posted and certainly agree. While what I posted concerned CWW being linked to another case, it was posted here due to my concern as to how it might effect timing of CWW's extradition to Florida in regards to the Sievers murder case.

Here's what I do not understand from your post:
1. Why in the world would 'FBI' & 'feds' automatically be involved because this is Fla. vs. any other state? That makes zero sense. (I can't imagine that any state can make rules 'bossing the feds' around.) Explain, please !!

2. In this state, MN, the defense attorney/s NEVER get appointed UNTIL the defendant is in the state and has his/her 1st appearance: At that appearance b4 the judge, judge appoints the defense attorney/s (a team of 2 with a murder case). It seems like it would cost a fortune, and be a total waste of Fla. resources for defendants to be appointed attorneys PRIOR TO them being physically in Fla. and appearing before a Fla. judge. Explain please.

3. In all states, the Freedom of Info' Act would not be 'in play' --- how is that 'different' in Fla. from other states, please?? (What I am GUESSING is, if you are correct that Fla. is somehow 'different' and unique from all other states, that Fla. has enacted some sort of law that protects defendants better ((by sealing info' better & longer for them)), but that would make zero sense since Fla. has this 'Sunshine Law' that is all about making as much info' as possible open & available to the public from the very outset.. Explain please.

<modsnip>

You make me think of a few more questions:
A. What about the nice $10K van that JR bought with his payment for murder - - does JR get to keep that van?? Seems very, very wrong if no judge takes that van away and, because JR is presumed innocent 'til found guilty, then it would make sense to me that the judge would order that van be held somewhere until the case is resolved. It just burns me up if that JR can <modsnip> a young mom to death & keep his payment for the murder !!!

<modsnip>

C. Any word on Mark's MO condo' ?? Is he present owner? Is it correct that the place is furnished & vacant except for when Mark physically would drive out there?? (NO WAY can anyone fly in the USA under an 'assumed name' or anything like that, correct??)

D. So, when should Wright be arriving, and do you think he'll quietly be brought on some airplane, or would law enforcement drive him back here? You Fla. people: Will we get to see 'The Perp' Walk' with Wright (a few times, I hope!!!) once he's back in your Sunshine State !!??

E. Back to Sunshine Law, I've never 'studied' that law: Am I correct in thinking that Fla. deems the public's right to open info' to be greater than concern for a defendant's right to have a fair trial? (I sure do AGREE 100 PERCENT that all the secrecy of the Jodi trial was SO totally wrong !!!).

F. Sunshine Law: Did something 'big' happen in Fla., a scandal perhaps, that propelled Fla. legislators to create that special law (Sunshine Law seems to me to be A Very Big Deal)???

TYIA !!!

I have just seen your post now, and I think everyone has answered most of your questions except for one the way I would have answered, but they did it more clearly and less confusing way. :p

When I was talking about the delay for the defense attorneys.. I was stating delay to get back to Florida and hire an attorney or obtain public defender on those specific charges and obtain info from prosecutors to defense .. THAT would delay him and attorney from seeing what was going on if he is still in Missouri and perhaps give more time to the investigators before they have to share that. :moo:

Using talk to text with lots of grammar errors !

I wish I knew what else LE was waiting on, maybe they don't have proof beyond reasonable doubt for MS or whomever else involved...??? I was reading a comment by AmazonRain over in victim TS thread and she/he is waiting for one more arrest and considers this person soley responsible for this tragedy. AmazonRain also says will become verified after this arrest. Hmmmm, very interesting indeed...

When can we expect 911/Sunshine releases????
I went back to read transcripts, I know it's been said before, but 911 call will be critical to case...

I wish I knew what else LE was waiting on, maybe they don't have proof beyond reasonable doubt for MS or whomever else involved...??? I was reading a comment by AmazonRain over in victim TS thread and she/he is waiting for one more arrest and considers this person soley responsible for this tragedy. AmazonRain also says will become verified after this arrest. Hmmmm, very interesting indeed...

When can we expect 911/Sunshine releases????
I went back to read transcripts, I know it's been said before, but 911 call will be critical to case...

I thought Sheriff Scott said as soon as CWW is extradited to FL that the (redacted) summary case report and other documents, possibly including the 911 call, would be released.

I thought Sheriff Scott said as soon as CWW is extradited to FL that the (redacted) summary case report and other documents, possibly including the 911 call, would be released.

I was thinking he was here(FL), just hasn't been made public yet....? (Wishful thinking)

Still MiSsing the biggest piece it seeMS....

I was thinking he was here(FL), just hasn't been made public yet....? (Wishful thinking)

Still MiSsing the biggest piece it seeMS....
Doesn't CWW have his extradition hearing in Missouri this week?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member