2015.09.09 Extradition of CWW from MO to FL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked out the Jefferson County Clerk's website. They have an option for attorneys to efile petitions, motions, etc... but there is no access for public viewing online.

I suspect that if he is going to file this petition (and I think he will), it will be done between 4:55 - 4:59p today. That is a common strategy used by lawyers. e.g, if he filed it early today, the court may take the time to review and deny it by this afternoon. If he files it right before the close of business today, at the least he could probably buy himself another 24 hours before he is turned over to FL.

We will probably find out the disposition as soon as a ruling is made. However, I think SMS is going to be very, very careful and extremely closed lipped about the exact date/time he will be transferred to FL. And rightfully so.

Wright has until midnight to file petition to avoid extradition

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 6:37 PM EDT

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30119581...-for-wright-to-avoid-extradition#.VgXcAstViko

According to Curtis Wayne Wright's attorney, Friday is the last day he'll be able to file a formal petition to stop -- or delay -- Wright's extradition back to Lee County.
The Jefferson County (Mo.) clerk of courts said the petition can be filed electronically until midnight.

Did this happen?

Wright has until midnight to file petition to avoid extradition

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 6:37 PM EDT

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30119581...-for-wright-to-avoid-extradition#.VgXcAstViko

According to Curtis Wayne Wright's attorney, Friday is the last day he'll be able to file a formal petition to stop -- or delay -- Wright's extradition back to Lee County.
The Jefferson County (Mo.) clerk of courts said the petition can be filed electronically until midnight.

Did this happen?

I looked at the court website and didn't notice any update during the weekend, but I think that isn't unusual. Not sure how or when it gets updated. But I think if the petition was filed electronically by midnight Friday, it likely won't show on the court docket until a clerk arrives Monday morning to enter the data into the computer.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/nameSearch.do

So it's Monday... we should have heard by now if something was filed, right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So it's Monday... we should have heard by now if something was filed, right?

I hope so, and I sure hope he won't appeal because it will only drag things out further so as to keep the family from seeing justice done for longer. And, of course we are all (IM) patiently waiting for this all to move forward; however, it is the loved ones who come first.

09/24/2015 Motion Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For: 10/16/2015; 9:00 AM ; TIMOTHY SCOTT MILLER; Jefferson

09/15/2015 Motion Filed

Hearing Held
Scheduled For: 09/15/2015; 9:00 AM ; TIMOTHY SCOTT MILLER; Jefferson

Filing:
voluntary discovery; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: CATHERINE MARY ROBERTSON

Motion Filed
MOTION TO WITHDRAW MOTION Motion to withdraw previously filed Motion to Set Bond. SO ORDERED: TIMOTHY S. MILLER, ASSOCIATE CIRCUIT JUDGE DIV. FOURTEEN
Filed By: DARIS CLINTON ALMOND Jr.

Warrant Served
GOVERNOR'S WARRANT SERVED

Warrant Issued
GOVERNOR'S WARRANT ISSUED

According to CaseNet/MO

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2015
Judge/Commissioner Time Day Setting Event
TIMOTHY SCOTT MILLER 1:00 PM 1 OF 1 Extradition Hearing
Event Text: Location: Division 14 Courtroom Jefferson
Address: P O BOX 100 300 MAIN ST HILLSBORO MO

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2015
Judge/Commissioner Time Day Setting Event
TIMOTHY SCOTT MILLER 9:00 AM 1 OF 1 Motion Hearing
Event Text: sealed search warrants Location: Division 14 Courtroom Jefferson
Address: P O BOX 100 300 MAIN ST HILLSBORO MO

It appears that the next Court action will be on Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015 in regard to extradition. I believe he will be extradited. His transfer to FLA will depend on when he will be picked up to be moved, whether they drive him or fly him. Once moved I think the documents being unsealed in October becomes a moot point to MO and the MO Court will defer to FLA authorities and Courts there. Governors in both states want him in FLA, IMO he needs to pick out his new sunglasses.

JMO's

Can CWW be extradited to FL after the hearing on 9/30 before the Motion to Unsealed Warrants is heard on 10/16? Or does he have to be present at that hearing?

I'd just like somebody (media? attorney?) to confirm that he did indeed file the required petition by the Sept. 25th midnight deadline outlining the legal reasons why he should not be forced to comply with the Orders of extradition signed by both governors. I can't believe we haven't heard anything yet. I would think the media would have been camped at the clerk's office waiting for the door to open at 8:00am.

Idk. I have some ideas bouncing around in my head but they are nothing more than wild guesses based on hopeful wishes. Maybe we should be keeping a close eye on the Lee County jail site?

I could understand and totally respect the media not reporting anything IF he is in transit.

I'd just like somebody (media? attorney?) to confirm that he did indeed file the required petition by the Sept. 25th midnight deadline outlining the legal reasons why he should not be forced to comply with the Orders of extradition signed by both governors. I can't believe we haven't heard anything yet. I would think the media would have been camped at the clerk's office waiting for the door to open at 8:00am.

Idk. I have some ideas bouncing around in my head but they are nothing more than wild guesses based on hopeful wishes. Maybe we should be keeping a close eye on the Lee County jail site?

I could understand and totally respect the media not reporting anything IF he is in transit.
That's what I was thinking.... nothing filed, already in route...

These are my thoughts too. Depending on the evidence, I would not be surprised if CWW is itching to make a deal. He will throw JR and everyone else under the bus. There are criminals that live by a code but I can't see CWW abiding by that code if he's the one taking the fall.

09/24/2015
It appears that the next Court action will be on Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015 in regard to extradition. I believe he will be extradited. His transfer to FLA will depend on when he will be picked up to be moved, whether they drive him or fly him. Once moved I think the documents being unsealed in October becomes a moot point to MO and the MO Court will defer to FLA authorities and Courts there. Governors in both states want him in FLA, IMO he needs to pick out his new sunglasses. JMO's

snipped by me for space

If they drove him, he could perhaps point out the places where he put RB :/ Not that I think he would admit it.

That's what I was thinking.... nothing filed, already in route...

This is the first case (for me) that involved extradition. So I wondered, what sort of interstate transportation is afforded a person accused of 2nd degree murder?
No way in the world would I want to have the "attention of arriving at an airport with a handcuffed man & 2 guards, metal detectors and board an airplane." Just from the stand point of upsetting other passengers...and knowing armed men are boarding my flight, ugh! (I'd be telling the other passengers, "Don't make eye contact!") However, I would think it much easier to put him in the back of a secured vehicle, two armed detectives and a back-up vehicle following. (Or have him ride in a vehicle with my sister-in-law and listening to her YANI CD COLLECTION, for o-n-e-t-h-o-u-s-a-n-d-t-w-o-h-u-n-d-r-e-d-m-i-l-e-s. Yes, o-n-e-t-h-o-u-s-a-n-d-t-w-o-h-u-n-d-r-e-d-m-l-e-s and NEVER going over 55 MPH, just in case she needs to slam on the brakes and stop at every yard sale, that just might be selling more YANI CD'S......Oh forgive me WS'ers I was having a horrible flashback on cruel and unusual circumstances!:blushing:)
..IMO, ground transportation would be the safest and draw the least amount of attention. On that very, very, very long drive....it might give him a chance to finalize realize....HE COULD HAVE CALLED THIS WHOLE THING OFF AT ANY TIME FOR FIRST 16 HOURS of that drive. Inside of me, I think he is more upset that he "hired loose-lips Jimmy" than he is about the death of his best buddy's wife.

Re:  what sort of interstate transportation is afforded a person accused of 2nd degree murder?

Private Prisoner Transport Companies for Extradition to Florida
For inmates being transported to Florida, the private prisoner transport company must be in compliance with the Department of Justice Policies for Interstate Transportation of Dangerous Criminals (also known as “Jeanna’s Act”). Title 28 for Judicial Administration, PART 97— Standards for Private Entites Providing Prisoner or Detainee Service. The DOJ Policies provide minimum security and safety standards for private companies that transport violent prisoners on behalf of State and local jurisdictions.

http://www.usprisonertransport.com/
U.S. Prisoner Transport specializes in secure prisoner transportation and extradition services to everywhere in the Continental United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Our prisoner transfer services are available 7 days a week—both by ground and air, depending on the option that most efficiently meets your agency’s needs.
U.S. Prisoner Transport is authorized under U.S. Code title 18, section 3182 Extradition Act. Our officers are authorized to:
• Take custody of prisoners
• Transport prisoners
• House prisoners while en route to their destination
Throughout the transport process, prisoners are held in a safe, secure environment by trained, experienced professionals.

My son was a detective in Florida. He has brought many a murder suspect home from just about all 50 states. Some he has driven back, some he has flown back with on public airlines. Some they did a little of both. Once they brought back two, one from Oregon and one from Washington. That time they nervously traveled by car from Oregon ( with one) to Washington to pick up the other then finished their trip by air... Not sure how they decide on the best method.

FWIW. CWW is still listed in the Jefferson county jail in MO.

Apologies if this was mentioned and I missed it, but there was a motion hearing scheduled for Oct 16, 2015 (on 9/24/15) in CWW's case. The docket says Event Text: sealed search warrants, so I'm going to guess this motion hearing is possibly a motion to suppress?

Apologies if this was mentioned and I missed it, but there was a motion hearing scheduled for Oct 16, 2015 (on 9/24/15) in CWW's case. The docket says Event Text: sealed search warrants, so I'm going to guess this motion hearing is possibly a motion to suppress?

creepingskills, it was a motion to unseal the warrants. My question (posted previously) is would CWW have to be present for that motion hearing, or can he be extradited to Florida?

WRIGHT , CURTIS WAYNE JR , Defendant

Wording on 9/15/2015 Docket Entries – is different today than what appeared 3 days ago.
The text in the Scheduled Hearings section stayed the same.

9/15/2015 Docket Entry changed
FROM this: Motion Filed Motion to open sealed search warrants and documents related to case.
TO this: Motion Filed to release copy of documents

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

As of 9/25/15, the Docket Entries showed this:
 Docket Entries:
09/24/2015 Motion Hearing Scheduled Scheduled For: 10/16/2015; 9:00 AM
09/15/2015 Motion Filed Motion to open sealed search warrants and documents related to case.

Today, 9/28/15, the Docket Entries show this:
 Docket Entries:
09/24/2015 Motion Hearing Scheduled Scheduled For: 10/16/2015; 9:00 AM
09/15/2015 Motion Filed to release copy of documents

creepingskills, it was a motion to unseal the warrants. My question (posted previously) is would CWW have to be present for that motion hearing, or can he be extradited to Florida?

My uneducated opinion would be "no" he does not need to be present. I don't think unsealing the documents would hold up his case or transfer in any way, shape or form. I think that whole hearing has to do more with LE, the courts vs Media, websleuthers (haha!) And anyone outside of the proceedings. Hopefully AZlawyer will confirm or correct my guess...

My uneducated opinion would be "no" he does not need to be present. I don't think unsealing the documents would hold up his case or transfer in any way, shape or form. I think that whole hearing has to do more with LE, the courts vs Media, websleuthers (haha!) And anyone outside of the proceedings. Hopefully AZlawyer will confirm or correct my guess...

I thought AZ posted something to the effect that after the extradition, everything is transferred to FL and the hearing in Missouri on the documents would be cancelled.... but I can't find the post now.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I thought AZ posted something to the effect that after the extradition, everything is transferred to FL and the hearing in Missouri on the documents would be cancelled.... but I can't find the post now.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I recall that as well. Thanks to our sleuthers who keep checking for changes on the sites!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renovationsnet