AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is exactly 151 miles between my old house and the Curriers via the shortest, fastest route which was I-89 and NH 112 (aka the Kancamagus Hwy, very beautiful and scenic) - 3 hours 28 minutes. Rt 302 is an alternate route which takes him through the Crawford Notch and only adds 13 miles to the trip but is shorter in time - 3 hours 26 minutes.

He spent an awful lot of time on that trip unaccounted for......

His family in Maine is another 5 hours east, all interstate. Right next to where the body was found in Stacyville in November, 2010.

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=135418

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/...ville-remains-mystery-after-more-than-a-year/

The body of the man — believed to have been in his 50s, about 5 feet 9 inches and weighing about 150 pounds — was found by deer hunters on Nov. 4, 2010, in the woods off Route 11.

Officials from the state medical examiner’s office said there are no signs of foul play and estimate the man may have died in early September 2010.

Now that guy I could see being a "random" IK killing. Picked up who knows where, killed in route, dumped in the woods. Body was found and ruled accidental while IK was still out and about. Certainly fits his time frame, locations, and stated preferred victims. I've tried to sleuth that hat found with the body but have had no luck.

http://bangordailynews.com/2010/11/...ase-more-details-on-body-found-in-stacyville/

Posted Nov. 17, 2010, at 3:18 p.m.
Last modified Jan. 29, 2011, at 11:49 a.m.

Maine Dept. of Public Safety Maine Dept. of Public Safety
NEWS RELEASE from the Maine Department of Public Safety--from Spokesman Steve McCausland--626-3811 - office State Police is seeking the public's help in identifying a man whose body was found in Stacyville on November 4. The badly decomposed body was found by deer hunters in woods off Route 11. The State Medical Examiner's Office says there are no signs of foul play and estimate the man may have died sometime in early September. The man is believed to be in his 50's, about 5'9"tall, and weighed about 150 pounds. He was wearing a blue and white knit cap with the name "CHRIS" knitted into the design. Other clothing was a blue and white plaid button down, long sleeve shirt ("Vineyard Vines" whale - shirt), khaki pants ("St. John's Bay", 33 inch waist and 30 inch inseam), dark brown canvas jacket ("St. John's Bay , size medium), and white "New Balance' sneakers ( model 811 - size 10EE). Also with the body was a black briefcase ("High Sierra') containing three empty juice and water bottles, two spray cans of the insect repellant "OFF", and a medium brown sweater. Anyone with information on the man's identity is asked to call Maine State Police in Houlton at 207-532-5400.

I would definitely say YES dotr. He got his jollies out of this in more ways than one. I would so love to know if Lorraine Currier had been noticing small things out of place or just a general feeling of being watched. I would have that feeling intensely for periods of time and then feel like I was absolutely perfectly safe there other times. Could be written off to many things.

I think the most valuable thing I or anyone like me could offer is a clearer picture of exactly how he worked and perhaps establish a traffic pattern if you will to these trips of his, because I feel certain they were visiting specific people and areas each and every time he went there. If he was simply choosing random individuals and "blitz" attacking them in their homes after a short period of surveillance I will eat your hat. I think that only happened if he stumbled into the perfect set up. More likely to me he would have followed that couple home and continued his sick game from there. Shooting a cop like that seems way too risky, backup or no backup. I think that was another one of his red herrings for the police to chase around, keep them busy with small, unprovable nonsense so they can't get to the real story. Keep it from his family at all costs. He outright told them he started that at 14 when he killed the cat.

I really believe he was evening scores in his head with the stalking/murders. I don't think there was anything random about them at all.

I read somewhere that Lorraine had told her co-workers that she was being stalked and that is why Bill bought the gun.

Vineyard Vines seems to be it's own brand, sold out of their stores:
http://www.vineyardvines.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Vineyard-Vines-Site/default/Stores-Find

Stores in AL, CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, NJ, NY, NC, TN, TX and VA. I have no idea if you could buy their products at outlet & department stores or not. Dunno that "Chris" was the original owner of the whale shirt but I thought it was a place to start.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vineyard_Vines"]Vineyard Vines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Preppie apparel but can be bought at Bloomies, Nordstrom etc.. Doesn't mean he didn't get it second hand at Salvation Army but it is a starting point.

IK was a busy boy during 2010:
January 11, 2010 to February 25, 2010: Western U.S.
March 1, 2010 to March 10, 2010: Western U.S.
April 24, 2010 to April 30, 2010: Western U.S.
May 19, 2010 to July 18, 2010: Midwest U.S. and Western U.S.
July 18, 2010 to July 22, 2010: Southwest U.S.
October 15, 2010 to October 25, 2010: Midwest U.S., Eastern U.S.

"Chris" is thought to have died sometime in early September 2010 but depending upon the conditions, decomposition could have been either slowed down or sped up so I think September is simply a guess.

Ideas on how to find a hat like that?? Google has given me bupkis. Doesn't really look handmade to me and the only hats I can find personalized like that are for kids.....

I read somewhere that Lorraine had told her co-workers that she was being stalked and that is why Bill bought the gun.

Really? Think you could find the link for that? I would really appreciate it! I don't think I had heard that before.

Really? Think you could find the link for that? I would really appreciate it! I don't think I had heard that before.

A lot of the links are no longer working but I read it somewhere on their forum. You can see the discussion in the first few pages.

Here is a link about Bill buying the gun just before they disappeared:

http://www.fox44abc22yourvoice.com/story/14890461/family-of-missing-couple-pleads-for-help

Post #44 is a rumor but mentions Lorraine feeling uneasy a few days before they disappeared:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139627&page=2

Dennis Vern Kunkel
Caucasian male, brown hair, blue eyes
Last seen May 18, 2010
from Medina, Ohio
DOB: 4/19/66
6' - 6'1, 165 - 185#

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kunkel_dennis.html

Charley project says he was supposed to meet his father and stepmother the next day to move a boat but never showed up.

http://familysforthemissing.blogspot.com/2012/08/this-is-missing-dennis-vern-kunkel.html
BBM
..this is missing Dennis Vern Kunkel

According to Medina County Common Pleas Court records, Kunkel was served with a foreclosure notice for his home May 9.
Thomas said Kunkel's business had been slow and he had even cashed in a gold investment for about $11,000 not long before he disappeared.
Brother Alan Kunkel, who owns a construction company, has a ''missing'' poster with his brother's picture on his Web site.

Anyone with information about the disappearance, is asked to call Medina police at 330-725-7777.

Alan Kunkel said he hopes his brother is all right and will pick up the phone and call his parents or one of his five brothers.
''No news is good news,'' his mother said. ''They haven't found a body.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/9211

BBM
His Silver Chevy Pick Up truck was found abandoned at a Subway Restaurant 5105 Manchester Rd in Akron, Ohio. This is just south of the Portage Lakes State Park entrance. The vehicle was found locked and did not appear to show any signs of foul play.

Medina, Ohio. Smack in the middle between Chicago, IL and Grabill, IN (where his two sisters were living at the time).

http://www.ohio.com/news/family-baffled-by-medina-man-s-disappearance-1.193932

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...ssing-Persons/Cold-Case-Missing-Adults/Kunkel

Dennis disappeared after taking a nap at his brother's home. He had left the house by 4:00 P.M. On May 22, 2010, his 2001 silver Chevy pickup truck was found abandoned and locked at a Subway Restaurant on Manchester Rd in New Franklin, Ohio.

Possible Pattern:

Bank robberies shortly after murders, generally after his post-murder travel.

example - kill sam koenig 2/1/12, fly to houston tx 2/2, took a cruise from about 2/3-2/15, then robbed the bank in Azle, TX on 2/16 (killed in one spot, robbed after post-murder travel)

example - told FBI he abducted and killed someone on the east coast in spring 2009 and then disposed of the body in NY state, then we already know he robbed a bank in Tupper Lake, NY on April 9, 2009 (killed in one spot - "east coast", robbed after post-murder travel to NY to dispose of the body (OR BEFORE? We do not have exact date of the murder, only "spring".. but February is winter in NY and June is summer so, March, April, or May sounds right to me, being from upstate NY myself))

question related to possible pattern - he killed the curriers on 6/8/11 then visited family in Maine, then drove back to Essex (via New Hampshire where he burned evidence in a National Forest) and retrieved his kill kit used in the Currier's murder, then brought it to Parishville, NY to disposed of the gun in Blake's Falls reservoir. When after this did he rob a bank if this pattern is one that he stuck to?

See post # 22 [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139627"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139627[/ame] Unfortunately the link provided in post # 22 does not work anymore but it might help you find the info you are looking for...

See post # 22 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139627 Unfortunately the link provided in post # 22 does not work anymore but it might help you find the info you are looking for...

That is VERY interesting! unfortunately the link doesn't work, like you suspected. I'm not having much luck finding another version of it either. (EDIT - ah here we go - http://www.wcax.com/story/14880641/essex-police-seek-armed-robbery-suspect )

Bringing over the short quote from the post you linked to -

A man displaying a handgun entered and attempted to rob the Simon's Mobil store on Colchester Road in Essex at about 9:45 p.m. Thursday, police said. The man left without any money and was last seen on foot on Colchester Road, according to police. Police described the suspect as about 6 feet tall, 180-200 pounds, wearing a black ski mask, white T-shirt and blue jeans.

Lucky1's encounter sounds so much like the encounter my husband I had on June 4th or 5th 2011(see post # 263). When you mentioned that he asked if you dog was a pug a chill went through me. We have a pug and I have seen a picture of him with a pug.

:scared:
Lucky1's encounter sounds so much like the encounter my husband I had on June 4th or 5th 2011(see post # 263). When you mentioned that he asked if you dog was a pug a chill went through me. We have a pug and I have seen a picture of him with a pug.

I was just looking at that picture earlier today! So may as well share it here since I still have it in my browser history -

378264_403946449652413_1234642870_n.jpg

This so chilling. I just went and made sure all doors were locked. I have often wondered if he had been watching us. I feel that we were all very lucky.

Well yeah, didn't they already link this as being him? I guess I just assumed they had because it's so totally obvious that it's him. I saw this pic on Sam Koenig's father's faceboo page, that "Have You Ever Met IK, SK?" page, awhile back.

If LE hasn't figured this one out yet that's really confusing to me. It seems so obvious.

Hi GGE, I follow that page sometimes or look to see if anything new has been posted.....I'm very BLUNT and I usually say what is inside of me....I get very frustrated with that page!!!!.....One of my friends turned this in and I immediately had that deep gut feeling that this was another one of IK's doings...they read it and they really liked the article for Keyes...but as far as I know all they did was post it to the main page and I have not heard of this being turned into FBI....I wanted to share and see what everyone else thinks!!!....I asked another friend if she could put the only photo they got of the person at the ATM along with IK...and she did...as you know they have that posted also...but nothing ever came of anymore responding back to the person that turned this case over to the FB page...................One administrator stated that they hated to see his face, so they stayed on Samantha's other page for A. Missing.....I just feel when he committed suicide they lost interest and the newer articles that is released never get posted to the main page there
Should my friend call FBI and give them this info???????..............It sure looks like IK to me, maybe in a rush or mad but the nose to me is a dead give away and through the bridge area of upper forehead
NO GGE....LE probably don't even know about the cases in this Link!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just looking at that picture earlier today! So may as well share it here since I still have it in my browser history -

378264_403946449652413_1234642870_n.jpg

GGE...NOTICE**** Photo's on the refrig..........Is there anyway to enlarge them???...Sure would like to know who the people are in the photo's...if this is in IK home....maybe that could be his Victims....Just a thought

Hi GGE, I follow that page sometimes or look to see if anything new has been posted.....I'm very BLUNT and I usually say what is inside of me....I get very frustrated with that page!!!!.....One of my friends turned this in and I immediately had that deep gut feeling that this was another one of IK's doings...they read it and they really liked the article for Keyes...but as far as I know all they did was post it to the main page and I have not heard of this being turned into FBI....I wanted to share and see what everyone else thinks!!!....I asked another friend if she could put the only photo they got of the person at the ATM along with IK...and she did...as you know they have that posted also...but nothing ever came of anymore responding back to the person that turned this case over to the FB page...................One administrator stated that they hated to see his face, so they stayed on Samantha's other page for A. Missing.....I just feel when he committed suicide they lost interest and the newer articles that is released never get posted to the main page there
Should my friend call FBI and give them this info???????..............It sure looks like IK to me, maybe in a rush or mad but the nose to me is a dead give away and through the bridge area of upper forehead
NO GGE....LE probably don't even know about the cases in this Link!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband is skeptical and keeps me grounded so I showed him this photo comparison and he looked closely and said that he thinks the nose, eyes, and cheekbones as well as the general size and shape of his face appear to be a match.

That tells me that it's worth turning in since he's so quick to tell me when he disagrees with me! I really would send this comparison and details of what the pictures are of and from directly to the FBI contact person/email address/whatever they posted back when they asked public for help. This is something easier to share with them via email I think than a phone call because of the nature of it.

But I would never let this go without passing it on. And I would strongly consider sending on the comparison from the Boca Raton mall sketch as well.

Originally Posted by TickleB
OK so I'm going to give you guys a tid bit of info that I heard through the grapevine, I'm NOT sure if this is true so don't hold me against it. But it has been the talk around the water cooler if you know what I mean.

Rumor: The reason Bill bought the gun was because Lorraine had felt uneasy the past couple days before their disappearance. No one knows if she was threatened.

The police were at UVM yesterday going through Bill's locker. It was a sad day for the co-workers, and reality sank in for my fiance that Bill may never be coming back
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucky1
just found this on the Currier forum.....the above lady lived in Essex and it almost says that Lorraine knew something was just not right, what stuck out to me in this posts was COUPLE OF DAYS...........Keyes stayed there for a COUPLE of days before he did the killings!!!!

I just feel IK LOVED to do these little things or Stalk people and sadly before or after he killed, My inside gut tells me after he picked a certain person to be the next victim, he wanted them to be more scared and it made him feel much bigger or powerful when he went to kill them...that way he got to see them suffer more as his sick mind LOVED????

GGE...NOTICE**** Photo's on the refrig..........Is there anyway to enlarge them???...Sure would like to know who the people are in the photo's...if this is in IK home....maybe that could be his Victims....Just a thought

FUnny I checked them out as soon as I posted this photo, ha! There are at least two dog magnets, one pug and one that looks like a doberman or a black lab, and the one photo looks to me to be of a female in a bikini in the ocean. Can't tell other than that, personally, and blowing this up larger will make it grainier unless there's a higher definition version of this photo someplace... maybe someone else here will be able to help with that!

Placing the transcript of the note here so when all the links are gone it will still be available.
I need to take a bath....reading this makes my skin crawl, my retinas detach, my stomach lurch...this looks long, monstrous & hellacious. This is insane, truly, truly, insane

Where did the picture of the guy with the dogs come from? It looks familiar, but there's no link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes