Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in an earlier post mentioned that since she was found wrapped in cloth, it was most likely someone she knew. Theory on that? Im genuinely interested.

Imo, the “cloth”, which at this point could be anything, sheet, shower curtain, carpet, tarp, etc., could have been used simply for the convenience/logistics of concealing and transporting the body, and is not necessarily indicative of the perp knowing the victim.

My armchair opinion, moo.

“Officers from multiple law enforcement agencies convened in a Hueytown neighborhood Thursday night — including Trussville, Birmingham, Hueytown police and Jefferson County Sheriff's deputies — and returned Friday to investigate a tip...”

[...]

“A heavy law enforcement presence began in the area around 1:30 p.m. Thursday. Most of the agencies left the scene by 9:30 p.m. Chapel Drive and Love Street had the heaviest police presence, although residents said Pinewood Avenue from Johnson Drive were the first streets blocked off.”

imgmva2837___03130654485.png

Law enforcement is on the scene in Hueytown investigating a tip in the disappearance of Paighton Houston. (Michael Seale/Patch)

Woman's Body Found At Hueytown Investigation Scene

Thank you @margarita25. I snipped this of the other area searched.

upload_2020-1-3_15-22-6.png

True. I’m not reading anything into it in this case, as the body was probably wrapped as a matter of practicality.

I think she was dumped there, as opposed to dying there. It’s safer to transport a body if it is covered.

Had she been found covered inside a house, then her body being covered could be more significant.
Oh 100%, I don't think that the wrapping of the body is because of familiarity or caring in this particular investigation, whatsoever. The above poster was asking what someone was referring to when they said that they thought her killer was known to her because she was wrapped, and I was just volunteering why they might have thought that.

Imo, the “cloth”, which at this point could be anything, sheet, shower curtain, carpet, tarp, etc., could have been used simply for the convenience/logistics of concealing and transporting the body, and is not necessarily indicative of the perp knowing the victim.

My arm chair opinion, moo.
Agree, when she stated that she also said she was not close enough to really know (Paraphrased)

I have read that until recently a 51 year old man lived in the house but has moved to be cared for by family. Might explain the mail in the mailbox, and perhaps a family member or someone who knew the house was vacant is involved.

Or another family member or a neighbor?

ETA - MOO, of course.

With clandestine burials of those who know the person they killed, they can be more loving or considerate of the body (seen a lot with parents who kill their kids for example). That may be what they are referencing. MOO.
I feel she was killed elsewhere and wrapped as a method of concealment more than an act of endearment.

Yes. But something brought them to that area in the first place. A smell isn’t going to do that. Not in rural Alabama.

I definitely think this was specific.
Such as a general reference to RR tracks, ball fields and a place with a lot of automobiles.
That towing yard across the intersection from the house makes it possible that someone might have smelled something, but with the body being buried I don't know. Hopefully the towing yard has cameras (likely) and the recordings are still available (unlikely).

Someone would have to know that this was an abandoned, grimy house, to bury this victim there. I don't think that they ended up there by mistake. So I would be curious who has ties to this area, knows someone that lived there, etc.
After looking at the map and seeing what looks like a huge vehicle junk yard(?) at the corner, I would wonder how much business comes that way for car parts.

I know that FB is not considered an allowed source, but one of Paighton's friends has photos of she and Paighton playing softball and then a bright, and sunny photo of the Love street sign, posted back in October. Looks like Paighton and her friends were familiar with this intersection.

Might also be why LE went to the softball field first......the tip was specific to the softball field and not to that exact house.

Last edited:
I feel she was killed elsewhere and wrapped as a method of concealment more than an act of endearment.
Correct, I was replying to someone upthread who asked why another poster might think that the person was known to the victim, and was giving an explanation of why that might be.

In this case, I don't think it has anything to do with caring about the victim. I agree that it was for ease of transport.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this! This makes the 2 known search sites less than 2 miles from each other.
I interpreted the TT reporter to mean two other searches before this general search. I think the two spots covered yesterday are considered the same search. It sort of defines the boundaries of the general search area. MOO

I interpreted the TT reporter to mean two other searches before this general search. I think the two spots covered yesterday are considered the same search. It sort of defines the boundaries of the general search area. MOO
Thanks for the clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member