AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
- If my husband cheats or abusers me or my kids, it is my fault.

- A wife must be ready for sex at any time or her husband will get it elsewhere.

- Anyone who looks at *advertiser censored* once will become an addict and must act out the addiction by sexually assaulting someone.

- I will have as many babies as I possibly can during my child-bearing years.

- My older children will become responsible for their younger siblings, help with their rearing and household chores while I continue to have babies.

:angel:

where's the intense counseling?

1403098234901018510.png

http://gawker.com/josh-duggar-s-sex-rehab-is-probably-just-another-chri-1726747380

Honestly, I see the value of not having "counseling" about the *advertiser censored*/sex addiction right away. His brain is now wired to be turned on by the *advertiser censored* and I don't know that focusing on that will help at all. If you want to something to grow in your life, you focus on it and give it attention. If you want something to wither, you neglect it. So, I think spending a considerable amount of time AWAY from the computer and away from the unhealthy stimulation including conversations is needed before any progress can be made.

Yes, quiet time working on repetitive physical activities can be very beneficial in healing and allows the mind an opportunity for deep introspection (if he's capable of looking within, which I'm not sure about).

The *advertiser censored* obviously was pleasurable to him. He needs to find something else that gives him that same pleasure. This is the crux of the problem, imo. He doesn't KNOW the answer to this. He's been told all his life what to think and what to do (in public). He "honors his father" but honoring doesn't mean you follow a dictator! That's not honorable on either side! Josh has never been his own person, except in relishing in inappropriate sex. He needs to start over from scratch and figure out who *he* is besides Jim Bob's offspring. If the counseling is just to tell him what to do and think, that will not help any more than Jim Bob's dictates have helped. He needs to figure this out on his own, and any rehab should be providing the support and environment to do that.

He also needs to be taught that he is an individual who can create his own, fulfilling life and make his own contributions to the world...and that's true for EVERYONE, including his wife, sisters, and daughters (and gay people too...all the people he bashes have this same birthright). Once he gets this idea in his heart, progress can be made. With hope, this discovery about life will be more pleasurable and exciting than *advertiser censored*. This will take time - and it's something that should've been started when he was a child but instead he got his hand slapped for wandering off the blanket. But, it's never too late. If he doesn't do this, I have dim hope for recovery.

By "*advertiser censored*," I am referring to all his problems about sex. I know it's inaccurate to lump it all under "*advertiser censored*" but it's easier.

However, if he's a sociopath, which I have some suspicion he is, then this is all moot. I don't think there is a cure for that.

I have no idea if this rehab program will work or not, but I do see great value in physical work and saving "counseling" sessions until some addictive habits like using the computer for sexual stimulation are broken physically. After that happens, then I think the counselling can begin at a deeper level.

I don't see this a quick fix and hope he doesn't emerge in a few weeks claiming everything is fine.

Just my lonely opinion. ;)

I am not that familiar with sex addiction although I am familiar with 12 step and other addiction programs. I also tend to think that his ' past' as a child molester would put him in a different category . I welcome any thoughts or histories you all can share here but I don't believe pedophilia can be cured. SO can consenting adult sex addiction be cured?

I am a Christian and I come from a long line of Christians with mental/ emotional troubles. As long as he's seeking more ' christian' help and unable to recognize there is a mental psychological component to this, he will get nowhere. The 'devil made me do it mentality' is how he went from point A ) MOLESTING children to point B ) sleeping with anyone he can. Clearly no cure came about via prayer and Christian counseling alone. Many, many fundie types believe all psyche problems are demons/ devil's work and that if you were more strong and diligent and prayerful you can overcome it and that is simply not true. The Duggars use medical intervention for emergencies, why not this? If you're going to reject all psyche and say its' the devil's work, why not reject the internet too ? and TV shows? I mean honestly, it's as ridiculous as it gets . Praying is wonderful but I tend to think that God gave man the ability to learn and grow and develop things like medicine and psychiatry..... give it a try. What do you have to lose at this point?

What I have noticed is that people with various big issues stop them and become fundamentalist. The bigger the issues, the more rigid they seem to become.

I wonder how it works when you come from a rigid background?

Has he ever had a real job? How is he going to adjust to working eight or nine hours every day?

In his admission of cheating, did he just mean the *advertiser censored*? Many Christians (and some non-Christians I suppose) see the viewing of *advertiser censored* as "cheating". I would have expected a woman or two come forward, unless they are being paid very, VERY well.

In his admission of cheating, did he just mean the *advertiser censored*? Many Christians (and some non-Christians I suppose) see the viewing of *advertiser censored* as "cheating". I would have expected a woman or two come forward, unless they are being paid very, VERY well.
One already did, but given it's the Daily Mail, take it for what it's worth. :moo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Duggar-TWICE-wife-pregnant-fourth-child.html

No, I think his wordage suggests he had actual physical affairs with women.

"While espousing faith and family values, I have secretly over the last several years been viewing *advertiser censored* on the internet and this became a secret addiction and I became unfaithful to my wife."

In a jarring reminder of his admitted acts of molestation, Dillon told the magazine that some of the photos were “from my cute and innocent-looking days when I was 22 but looked 15 — and he asked me to sign them.”

In one graphic shot Duggar brought, Dillon told the magazine, her “makeup was all over [her] face, [as she] was in tears,” adding, “I don’t see how that was pretty or how anyone would want that signed.”
http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/josh-duggar-cheating-stripper-anna-pregnant/

No soup for you. I mean, for Josh.

Dear Josh,

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Hugs,

Jesus

P.S. Negative comments about the food will not be tolerated.

Seriously, after reading the daily programs schedule I don't know how any participant could keep their sanity. It sounds like a cross between a boarding school and est sessions.

http://gawker.com/josh-duggar-s-sex-rehab-is-probably-just-another-chri-1726747380

What I have noticed is that people with various big issues stop them and become fundamentalist. The bigger the issues, the more rigid they seem to become.

I wonder how it works when you come from a rigid background?

Yes, I think people hide in fundamentalist thought. It's easy to follow rules and not so easy to face problems and take personal responsibility for your life (and allow others to take responsibility for their lives).

JMO.

But it all makes sense somehow. He's Josh Duggar, a reality tv star and the firstborn of a fundie royalty family. When he gets caught with his pants down he's not just your regular garden variety hypocrite, he's the biggest hypocrite in the world. So when he wants to pay for sex, it's got to be a glamorous *advertiser censored* star... not just any old hooker would suit his consequence.

:rolleyes:;) Well, Josh Duggar was a fan of her movies. So, that is one source of *advertiser censored* that he watched.

:rolleyes:;) Well, Josh Duggar was a fan of her movies. So, that is one source of *advertiser censored* that he watched.

Also the article says ' from her first scene' so who wants to google what year her first movie came out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan