GUILTY AR - Minor, 17, Kidnapped, RANSOM DEMAND, Hot Springs, 18 Apr 2022 *2 Arrests*

My biggest concern is that this was a human trafficking thing. I hear rumors often of traffickers using women to help lure in other women. While young women wouldn't usually approach or go with strange men, we are often eager to help other women in need.

Reminder to have a talk with my tween daughters about this...

Praying they find TC quickly.
Although there are some cases of human traffickers kidnapping their victims, it is very rare. In most cases the victims are groomed online, seduced, or are very vulnerable, such as homeless teens. Although it is a common myth, traffickers do not want to draw attention to themselves by kidnapping someone off a public street, parking lot, or shopping mall.
Do Traffickers Kidnap Their Victims? The Myths and Realities of Human Trafficking

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hot Springs Police Department is seeking a "vehicle of interest" in the ongoing AMBER Alert for missing teen TC, according to an update from the Arkansas State Police.

The vehicle is a White Nissan Versa bearing Tennessee license plate 59B D82.
UPDATE: Police searching for 'vehicle of interest' with Tennessee plates

https://twitter.com/THV11/status/1516491017154928649

LE must have recovered video since they now have a vehicle description and plate number.

I'm not quite ready to call this a hoax since there's been all kinds of crazy going on lately. But the circumstances are unusual. I agree that a kidnapper/trafficker is taking a huge risk by taking a homespun high school girl.

Regardless of what's going on I hope this young woman is found safe. I can't imagine what her parents are going through. And her friend may be feeling guilty for leaving TC. Ugh.

MOO

I am from Hot Springs. The report that her last location ping was on hwy 7 south of HS is not surprising at all.
I usually drive this route when I'm visiting family in Texas, as it connects directly to I-30. If you were trying to go to Little Rock or further east (say, Tennessee), it would be easier to take highway 70.

Not sure if I think this is a hoax. The evidence so far is compelling and I am devastated for her family and the community. I have to feel for the coworker as well, since it could have just as easily been her being abducted.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Police searching for 'vehicle of interest' with Tennessee plates

At this link, you can see the bakery. IMHO, I feel like a place like this would have cameras.
There's definitely cameras in this area. I've been there. Downtown Hot Springs has a reputation for being very shady. If this were to happen anywhere in the city, it would be in this area, unfortunately.

I also have to wonder if there were any physical witnesses since downtown is pretty active even well into the night, and there may have been a struggle of some sort. I'm not doubting that she was lured to the car, but I think most people would be hesitant to get inside of a stranger's car.

I wondered about trafficking but the guy calling for a ransom made no sense. They would want to disappear with their victim and not bring attention to themselves. Is there a history of stuff like this happening around that area? There would have to be unless one of the 2 girls was a target. Does the missing girl's family have money or connections? What about the friend? This is a truly strange situation.

I feel for this victim. It sounds like she was abducted by a "couple" and is truly endangered. I hope law enforcement tracks them down quickly and rescues her.
Maybe the male member of the couple isn't very bright and didn't plan his part well. But he sounds very dangerous. Hope I am completely wrong.

IMO this does not sound good. I understand the "not in a public place" scenario but wasn't this after 9:00 pm? Don't know how busy the street is day or night. Approaching female must not have seemed threating. The catalyst could have been when the friend left for the car. Now one and not two missing. Might not still be in the white car either. OR it could all be a big sham. Ransom and phone call seem shifty. You never want bad things to happen to anyone but these hoax cases ruin it for those who are truly in danger.

The whole kidnapping plot feels awfully messy - kidnapping TC while leaving a witness, a chaotic phone call for ransom with no follow up (that we know of).

Could this be drug related? IOW some drugged out couple acting on the spur of the moment. Maybe meth or PCP?

Have You See This Child?
Issued for: Arkansas
MK_amberAlert.png

p62209.jpg

• Missing Since
    • Apr 18, 2022
    • Missing From
    • Hot Springs, AR
    • Age Now
    • 17 years
    • Sex
    • Female
    • Hair Color
    • Brown
    • Eye Color
    • Hazel
    • Height
    • 5'06"
    • Weight
    • 115 lbs
    • Description
    • Last seen wearing Blue hoodie with "Pour some sugar on me" logo. Legging style pants and white tennis shoes
Vehicle Information
    • Make:
    • Nissan
    • Model:
    • Versa
    • Color:
    • White
    • License plate:
    • 59BD82
    • License state:
    • TN
AMBER Alert Update: The Hot Springs Police Department is seeking a vehicle of interest in the ongoing Amber Alert. The vehicle is a White Nissan Versa bearing license plate out of Tennessee 59B D82. Victim female left work (Pour Some Sugar on Me) bakery at approximately 9:15 p.m. on Monday, April 18, 2022. The victim along with another co-worker was walking to their vehicles parked a block away. The two (2) females were met with an un-known white female standing near a parked vehicle. The unknown white female asked the victim if she could use her phone. She (unknown female) stated that she was lost and her parents were staying in a condo here in Hot Springs. The unknown female changed her mind and stated to the victim that she needed to utilize the GPS coordinates and asked the victim to walk closer to the unknown female's vehicle. During this time the friend of the victim stated that she will go and get her vehicle, parked in the City of Hot Springs owned parking garage.

IMO this does not sound good. I understand the "not in a public place" scenario but wasn't this after 9:00 pm? Don't know how busy the street is day or night. Approaching female must not have seemed threating. The catalyst could have been when the friend left for the car. Now one and not two missing. Might not still be in the white car either. OR it could all be a big sham. Ransom and phone call seem shifty. You never want bad things to happen to anyone but these hoax cases ruin it for those who are truly in danger.

I'm really hoping this isn't a hoax.

Evidently, at least some of this incident has been caught on video. Was a struggle observed?
By now, LE has run the plates. They are checking to see if they are stolen and/or if they are on the correct vehicle.
They are tracking down the registered owner and running criminal checks. They are trying to determine if this person has any ties to the victim or to Hot Springs.
They are running the victim’s cell records and examining social media accounts.
They are reinterviewing the coworker. Did the victim tell the coworker to go get her vehicle or did the cw decide to do it herself?
Still lots we don’t know, but a vehicle and plate number sure helps.

I am from Hot Springs. The report that her last location ping was in Bismarck is not surprising at all.

Can you point me to the article that states her last ping was in Bismarck, Arkansas? So far, every article I have found just says "South on Arkansas Hwy 7" or "south of Hot Springs" but I can't find the article that lists a specific town or miles south in regards to that last phone ping. Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back