Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

I think the inquest will say that the father had had a full mental breakdown.

A culmination of variables surrounding his life had triggered a psychotic episode not excluding his daughters marital breakdown.

The ex husbanded in statement said there had been a 'blow up'.

Although a full mental breakdown comes with no logic, the environment was there for bad things to happen.

He may not be a nice person. He may have been an abusive partner. He may have been a real pain in the neck. But it seems he didn't murder his ex-wife, children and ex-mother in law. Katrina's own father apparently did that.

There were legal recourses to take, if the ex was that much of a pain in the neck.

But Katrina's father decided to control all of their destinies, and killed them all. That is shameful, horrible, misguided, uncalled for, and the saddest thing.

As I said before, familicide is the most unfair situation. Even more unfair than drunken abuse, putting a person down repeatedly, making someone's life difficult. Because there is no escaping familicide. No chance for a new life. They are now all deceased.

I have never ever implied the ex has killed the family.

Some forum commentators on the net have.

Not sure we will hear about the ex husband stalking the daughter has stated in social media?

He said he was going to be there for days on the boundary when his daughter wanted him removed.

We will hear his background probably from an inquest eventually which is out it appears already.

We are yet to hear motive which was probably a statement made by Mr Miles in his triple 000 call.

Why would you shoot most your family excluding a remaining son, then ring 000?

That 000 call will be telling.

Mr Miles has shot his daughter, his four kids and his wife.

Not the rest his family.

While his ex son inlaw sits on the boundary of the property.

This appears a dispute between Mr miles and his daughters kids father

A 'blow up' as the ex husband called it

I have never ever implied the ex has killed the family.

Some forum commentators on the net have.

Not sure we will hear about the ex husband stalking the daughter has stated in social media?

He said he was going to be there for days on the boundary when his daughter wanted him removed.

We will hear his background probably from an inquest eventually which is out it appears already.

We are yet to hear motive which was probably a statement made by Mr Miles in his triple 000 call.

Why would you shoot most your family excluding a remaining son, then ring 000?

That 000 call will be telling.

I completely understand that you have never implied that, and did not mean to insinuate that you did, if that is how you are feeling.

I just cant give anyone a free pass for murdering (most of) their family. It happens, I know. Obviously the killer's mental facilities are not working properly at the time. But like little Eeva Dorendahl, who was 'lovingly' murdered by her own father, it is so unfair to take others with you, if you are feeling desperate and depressed and suicidal.

To me, it is no-one's fault except the murderer's fault. There are other ways of dealing with life's problems. But the murderer's mental facilities are so skewed at the time, that other lives are taken. Innocent people who died way too early ... never had a chance to fulfill their own lives.

The son probably was not included because he could not fit into the plan very easily. Maybe would have put up too much resistance, or maybe was spared so that he could inherit what was left. :dunno:

The 000 call was likely made so the remaining son and no-one else was blamed for the murderous act. imo

How to make sense out of familicide? There is no sense in it.

suicide is the cruellest hardest situation for the sane to comprehend.
throw in the mix taking everyone you love for the ride is incomprehensible.
think we all would like it to be the nasty husband it would make more "sense" but as the days go by the incomprehensible seems to be most likely.
their is a family picture of them getting around.
those children were absolutely beautiful.
they certainly were not severely disabled by any of their conditions, they were smiling, engaged happily for the camera.
somebody mentioned that maybe the kids were wanting to get a bit mainstream. couldn't blame them for wanting to be average.
it was an interesting point the dad saying about them having money in their pocket. another view point might be they didn't have money because of the sustainable lifestyle theory of granddad.

poor katrina, she could have no clue what her fate coming was.

she is to be applauded for socially stating her worries and concerns about her and her kids safety and welfare.
I'm certain she would be horrified to know the man who made her life hell is in control of her burial.
:thinking:

Reactions: JLZ
The other telling matter will be the string of text messages over weeks.

There was a marital break up and child custody court order in this.

Mr Miles sounds like he was already highly unstable with the loss his own child and another with illness.

I completely understand that you have never implied that, and did not mean to insinuate that you did, if that is how you are feeling.

I just cant give anyone a free pass for murdering (most of) their family. It happens, I know. Obviously the killer's mental facilities are not working properly at the time. But like little Eeva Dorendahl, who was 'lovingly' murdered by her own father, it is so unfair to take others with you, if you are feeling desperate and depressed and suicidal.

To me, it is no-one's fault except the murderer's fault. There are other ways of dealing with life's problems. But the murderer's mental facilities are so skewed at the time, that other lives are taken. Innocent people who died way too early ... never had a chance to fulfill their own lives.

The son probably was not included because he could not fit into the plan very easily. Maybe would have put up too much resistance, or maybe was spared so that he could inherit what was left. :dunno:

The 000 call was likely made so the remaining son and no-one else was blamed for the murderous act. imo

How to make sense out of familicide? There is no sense in it.

Not entirely a response to you. As much clarity.

I dont think there is any free pass for killing family either.

On a broader note this not familialcide either. This is only the daughter aspect of the family.

MOO is Mr Miles and his daighters ex were both at loggerheads.
Mr Miles was very unstable as his neighbour alluded to in dialogue the day prior.
The ex pushed when he was 'cut off' (You need a court order for this) and it all went down hill from there.

What does them being Jehovah's Witness*have anything to do with this? No, I am not one but have plenty of friends that are, there is nothing in there beliefs that would ever have them doing this. Just like any other religion you will always have those that are more extreme.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, they don't have any particular "beliefs" about kids, illness and killing them as implied in the other post. They don't believe in accepting blood transfusions because they don't believe in taking blood, period. But that is NOT a belief that implies they'd be inclined to kill their handicapped kids. I wish people wouldn't insinuate ugly things about other religions when they have no idea what the heck they are talking about. :/

Yeah, they don't have any particular "beliefs" about kids, illness and killing them as implied in the other post. They don't believe in accepting blood transfusions because they don't believe in taking blood, period. But that is NOT a belief that implies they'd be inclined to kill their handicapped kids. I wish people wouldn't insinuate ugly things about other religions when they have no idea what the heck they are talking about. :/
I think the part where being Jehovah's comes into play to explain the possible thought process of AC. My understanding of JW is that they believe this life, current world is essentially purgatory and the only way to be saved in the after life/after death is salvation. Reading about JW they don't believe the dead are dead and don't really grieve the dead as they are in a state of unconsciousness awaiting the resurrection In the new perfect world.

Might explain how bizarre ACs comments are.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

When people die they believe there souls go back to God if they are good or just not evil God will bring them back after armageddon. There souls will be the same but there bodies different. So when your dead your dead

I think the part where being Jehovah's comes into play to explain the possible thought process of AC. My understanding of JW is that they believe this life, current world is essentially purgatory and the only way to be saved in the after life/after death is salvation. Reading about JW they don't believe the dead are dead and don't really grieve the dead as they are in a state of unconsciousness awaiting the resurrection In the new perfect world.

Might explain how bizarre ACs comments are.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
When people die they believe there souls go back to God if they are good or just not evil God will bring them back after armageddon. There souls will be the same but there bodies different. So when your dead your dead

Ugh, I am just sick over this. I just saw this.

I'm not fully caught up. I'll be back.

Mr Miles has shot his daughter, his four kids and his wife.

Not the rest his family.

While his ex son inlaw sits on the boundary of the property.

This appears a dispute between Mr miles and his daughters kids father

A 'blow up' as the ex husband called it

BBM. He was not sitting on the boundary of the property the night that they were killed. It was sometime in April he did that.

BBM. He was not sitting on the boundary of the property the night that they were killed. It was sometime in April he did that.

That is when the mother of the autistic children reported it on Facebook (April 23) but we do not know when or if he stopped.

I often wonder whether the grandfather sat on that chair each night with his gun ready in case the ex entered the property. If he had done that every night since April 23, he would have been exhausted unless he slept in the day.

That is when the mother of the autistic children reported it on Facebook (April 23) but we do not know when or if he stopped.

I often wonder whether the grandfather sat on that chair each night with his gun ready in case the ex entered the property. If he had done that every night since April 23, he would have been exhausted unless he slept in the day.

No, we don't know. We don't know a lot of things, but they could have taken a restraining order out on him rather than the grandfather shooting them all.

“I saw Taye walking along and she asked for money for shoes. Kat said she used all the little bit of money they had in their wallets.
“I said ‘look’ and gave them all $10 each and gave Taye $20 and said, ‘Keep this in your wallet.’ I know they never spend it but it is just them knowing they had $10 in their wallet.
“I think Kayden had $10 in his wallet for months. It’s just knowing they had their own little bag, wallet there,” he added.
http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...n/news-story/4ef416e01b59dfb18de6c8447e4bf1f7

BBM Is AC inferring that Katrina used up all the money the children had in their wallets?
With him adding "I know they never spend it".

no answer to this but I keep wondering why didn't grandpa shoot and kill the ex, since he may have been the root of the problem here? (Answer IMO - the ex was not the issue at all.) This is just sad and tragic. I will continue to wait for a more thorough analysis/report.

“I saw Taye walking along and she asked for money for shoes. Kat said she used all the little bit of money they had in their wallets.
“I said ‘look’ and gave them all $10 each and gave Taye $20 and said, ‘Keep this in your wallet.’ I know they never spend it but it is just them knowing they had $10 in their wallet.
“I think Kayden had $10 in his wallet for months. It’s just knowing they had their own little bag, wallet there,” he added.
http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...n/news-story/4ef416e01b59dfb18de6c8447e4bf1f7

BBM Is AC inferring that Katrina used up all the money the children had in their wallets?
With him adding "I know they never spend it".

I think that it means when funds were low, she raided their wallets.

no answer to this but I keep wondering why didn't grandpa shoot and kill the ex, since he may have been the root of the problem here? (Answer IMO - the ex was not the issue at all.) This is just sad and tragic. I will continue to wait for a more thorough analysis/report.

I questioned this too. The reality is that you have to find him with a rifle under your arm.

He could have ended up in jail with ex still stalking property.

Im not sure the ex had a static residence.

Mental illness brings some wild actions. Who shoots 7 family members, rings 000?

If he shot his daughters ex he would have lost his home.

The problem with south west country WA is when the work dries up, the work dries up.

His job searching fruitless. People are driving 2 hours each way for work down there.

The work has dried up mostly in his field.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back