GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/resou...etropolitanremandcentrevisitorinformation.pdf... this is the website for the Metropolitan Remand Centre.... all the info about his day, his nights, his 'rights'.. his menu, etc..

He'll be ok.. its all old stuff to Mr. Bayley. No worries.

:maddening: Doing it tough AB! NOT!!! ...

Recreation
�� Full sized oval for organised or informal sport
�� Well equipped multi purpose gym
�� Swimming pools
�� Woodwork hobbies room
�� Reference and recreational library
�� Professionally instructed and supervised fitness programs.
Sports include:
�� Table tennis
�� Tennis
�� Softball
�� Cricket
�� Darts
�� Walking
�� Basketball
�� Volleyball
�� Snooker
�� Running
�� Carpet bowls
�� Football
�� Badminton

LB, wasn't Murdoch arrested in S.A. and taken back to NT for trial because it was the NT that the offence happened in. No other reason.

I wasn't saying he was taken from SA to NT for a fair trial. That is the background of the case.
The attached quote told how there was news embargo in NT and other States had ceased sending their daily newspapers into the Territory to avoid contempt. Murdoch's barrister tried to have stay of proceedings based on the massive pre trial publicity and low chance of finding impartial jurors in Darwin.

Recreation
�� Swimming pools
�� Woodwork hobbies room
Sports include:
�� Table tennis
�� Tennis
�� Softball
�� Cricket
�� Darts
�� Walking
�� Basketball
�� Volleyball
�� Snooker
�� Running
�� Carpet bowls
�� Football
�� Badminton

Even better equipped than Immigration Detention Centres. Wonder how many Foxtel channels they get.

Recreation
�� Swimming pools
�� Woodwork hobbies room
Sports include:
�� Table tennis
�� Tennis
�� Softball
�� Cricket
�� Darts
�� Walking
�� Basketball
�� Volleyball
�� Snooker
�� Running
�� Carpet bowls
�� Football
�� Badminton

Should forget all of this and reintroduce hard labour.

Should forget all of this and reintroduce hard labour.

Meanwhile, people are living in tents and in their cars, pensioners are going to bed early to keep warm and save on power bills and having bread and jam for their tea. Is it just me or is something not quite right here :maddening:

Also, a reminder to stay on topic...this is not a thread for other cases.

I already said that it looked like that defence didnt wash with the police.

Its still IMO a very different type of case than the one we are meant to be discussing in this topic.

Issues of self defence, provocation, automatism (if raised) will be for the court. Woman has been charged and refused bail so it's sub-judice. Any possible antecedents about the victim's behaviour won't be in media now.

Meanwhile, people are living in tents and in their cars, pensioners are going to bed early to keep warm and save on power bills and having bread and jam for their tea. Is it just me or is something not quite right here :maddening:

Yep, something is NOT quite right at all! :waitasec: :censored: :banghead:

On topic - :)

AUTHORITIES have begun removing scores of tributes to Jill Meagher from bulging shrines on Sydney Rd in Melbourne's north.
“Due to the overwhelming number of floral tributes placed in memory of Jill on Sydney Road, Brunswick it has been necessary to move them to avoid them obstructing the local area,” Victoria Police said in a statement.
“Police have consulted with the family and moved them to a location of their choice. They have not been destroyed and all the cards have been collected and provided to Jill's family.”

People wanting to leave tributes for Ms Meagher have been asked to leave them at the nearby Baptist Church on Sydney Rd. The church will pass on the tributes to Ms Meagher’s family.

An elderly local spoke of rallying her church congregation to supply meals to widowed Tom Meagher in the lonely weeks ahead.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-never-to-forget/story-e6frf7kx-1226484726240

Recreation
�� Swimming pools
�� Woodwork hobbies room
Sports include:
�� Table tennis
�� Tennis
�� Softball
�� Cricket
�� Darts
�� Walking
�� Basketball
�� Volleyball
�� Snooker
�� Running
�� Carpet bowls
�� Football
�� Badminton

And this from the same link! Freaking unbelievable!

most frequently asked questions

The following questions and answers have been provided to assist prisoners when they first arrive at MRC.

Can I change my name while in prison?

Yes. You must first obtain the permission of the Secretary, Department of Justice. You can fill out an application form and submit it to the General Manager who will forward your application for approval to the Secretary, Department of Justice.
:what: :banghead:

WTF???? Why is a prisoner allowed to change their name in prison? Absolutely ridiculous! It's my understanding that a prisoner loses all rights while incarcerated. :waitasec:

Can I share a cell with my friend?

Accommodation at MRC are mainly single cells, however there are some cells with access between cells as well as limited double cells and prisoners will need to request these cells via the Unit Supervisor. This may depend upon a cell sharing assessment carried out by unit staff.

They're in fricking jail, not a holiday camp! Man this makes my blood boil! :furious:

MOO.

WTF where has anyone said he was not innocent or he was asking for it?

you're assuming the lack of grief is based solely on gender, but IMO it is the circumstances that have resonated with people so strongly, how easily it could have been any one of us.

Look how quick some people were to wrongly assume that Jills husband had harmed her.

Agreed. For me it was just wow I've walked home alone places too. Everyone feels that hence so much empathy. Most of us have done that. I also used to do after work drinks Friday nights even though my DP wasn't there so it's a situation many women can relate to

Even better equipped than Immigration Detention Centres. Wonder how many Foxtel channels they get.

According to that document they get access to all free to air channels and 2 movies per evening after lock-up. They also get access to daily newspapers, which they pay for out of their 'allowance'. They get free medical, dental, psychiatric, nursing care (5 days a week onsite and the other 2 days on-call). They can study trades or access tertiary education.

The list goes on and on!

Honestly I think if we want to prevent rape we have to look at the way we raise boys, the way women are portrayed in film and advertising, the way men talk to each other about women when women aren't around...

While the sentiment is admirable, unfortunately I doubt this approach has as much merit as we'd like to think. One of - but not the only - driving forces behind sexual crimes is the hormones. You don't see any post-orchidectomy (i.e. castration) patients with high libido - in fact most of them have NO libido. And while conscious overlays such as education and social standards plus morals can help to keep the urges in check for many, there will always be some in whom the biological urges are too great to control. Some animals have the same situation - notably an un-castrated male donkey (known as a jack) has the most incredibly aggressive sexual appetite. They have been known to rip their penis to shreds trying to mate with a female donkey in the next paddock with barbed wire between them.

And that is all down to the hormones, the biology. The point being - no matter how much education and moralising is given to people, there will always be some who simply have an abnormal and uncontrollable drive. And yes, aggression and power does come into it - but it's basically sexual in nature and causation.

And this from the same link! Freaking unbelievable!

:what: :banghead:

WTF???? Why is a prisoner allowed to change their name in prison? Absolutely ridiculous! It's my understanding that a prisoner loses all rights while incarcerated. :waitasec:

They're in fricking jail, not a holiday camp! Man this makes my blood boil! :furious:

MOO.

If I found a 5 star hotel with as many services as this jail offers I'll book in in a heart-beat. Outrageous!!! :jail:

When I originally put the site up about the Metropolitan Remand centre, in answer to someones query re Mr.Bayley's days, I thought about pasting up the entire thing.. it was so .. so.. . gobsmacking.. I rethought it thru and decided not to.

Remand is for people who are, in law, innocent. That is, they haven't confessed , they plan to argue their case, and in a lot of cases, they will never return to prison, after their case is heard, it will be dropped, or they will be found innocent of the charges laid. In the normal course of events, we will never hear about those people at all. It grates that the Bayleys of this world are 'on remand' at the MRC.... but he is one of 600 plus at the MRC tonight. Some cases take over a year to be heard, and it would be wrong , really wrong if they were to be flung into a dungeon while waiting for that.

While the sentiment is admirable, unfortunately I doubt this approach has much merit. One of - but not the only - driving forces behind sexual crimes is the hormones. You don't see any post-orchidectomy patients with high libido - in fact most of them have NO libido. And while conscious overlays such as education and social standards plus morals can help to keep the urges in check for many, there will always be some in whom the biological urges are too great to control. Some animals have the same situation - notably an un-castrated male donkey (known as a jack) has the most incredibly aggressive sexual appetite. They have been known to rip their penis to shreds trying to mate with a female donkey in the next paddock with barbed wire between them.

And that is all down to the hormones, the biology. The point being - no matter how much education and moralising is given to people, there will always be some who simply have an abnormal and uncontrollable drive. And yes,
aggression and power does come into it - but it's basically sexual in nature and causation.

Thank's for that Doc, I've seen the worst offspring come from the best families. It's sad because (at times) it's not the parents fault and that's why it's so devastating for them. My brother has 4 children, they had the same opportunities & you'd never seen a difference netween 4 humans. I guess it's the luck of the draw? (sometimes)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat