Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

I notice that the police officer in the pic with Warriena's sister, from 2 years ago,looks to be the same officer that spoke on behalf of the family, following the trial.
It must be some comfort to Warriena's family that the same person was able to stick by them through this whole horrific process.

Police officers sure have a heck of a job, don't they? Stopping the perps/catching the perps, finding the evidence, supporting the families .... for years. They truly have my greatest respect.
I cannot even begin to imagine their disappointment when the court system lets them down, despite their greatest efforts.
And then they have to turn around and do it all over again when some (many?) of the same perps are released back onto the streets, or are never even taken off the streets, and re-offend again.

I'm a little disappointed about the lack of a continental brekkie. Just sayin'.

I think I could easily wangle an invitation for myself plus one in Gold Class if you'd like to join me?

Thankyou. Yes i am very proud of him emirates. He has been through so much in his life already and he was only 2 yrs. old when his big brother died. He told me once when he was about 3 almost 4 yrs. old that his big bro. was sitting there having a cup of coffee with us in the lounge room. Out of the mouths of babes. I had him when i was 40 yrs. old LOL.

Testament to a fine family. I am sorry for your loss Karinna.

Not relevant as it was a question about the WS thread and not about WW.

Interesting that even Tostee's own lawyer was speaking about narcissism. Perhaps he was responding to a question from a journalist, but he definitely got up close and personal about a client he admitted he (apparently) knew little about on a personal level.

Mr Dore said he never got "that personal" with his client ....
"There wasn't a hint of narcissism or ego when he was dealing with me or any of my staff for that matter."
"He has never really expressed who he is in person.
"Whether that was an act of a narcissism I don't know," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...sympathy-warriena-wright-balcony-fall/7953928

Thanks SA, I just read the article and it said that he was going to return to carpet laying and studying??? Do you know what he is studying....please tell me it's not law?

Thanks SA, I just read the article and it said that he was going to return to carpet laying and studying??? Do you know what he is studying....please tell me it's not law?

I don't know, but if I had to guess, I would say architecture, draughtsmanship. or similar. In his posts on the bodybuilding forum, he expressed an interest in this type of thing and spoke of designing homes on a software program he had.

Hi!

This is my first post. I read all about that fateful night and then when the case began I would come to websleuths to read everyone's posts. I should have signed up earlier so that I could be involved in the conversation. Like many I found out a lot about GT and I don't want to generalise but I have met plenty of GT's in my dating life.

I've also been reading about the Aussie "missing persons" cases. Sometimes it makes me so sad to see the world we live in and how harsh it is but then I also see that I have the opportunity to bring sunshine and warmth and love...maybe not to everyone but as many people as possible. I'd like to say thank you to everyone who contributed their thoughts.

I am going to have a guess that it might be architecture. He seemed pretty proud of his architecture drawings in the tape, he was trying to show WW.

<modsnip>
Isn't is a terrible thing that Warriena had to lose her life in order for him to get his act together (if that is even possible or probable). Why his prior convictions were not enough for him to turn himself around, I will never understand. He has been an 'adult' for a long time. One would think that his transgressions as an 18 year old would have been enough to make him think twice about the direction in which he was headed.

I don't hold out great hope for him. I think after the hubbub dies down and time passes, mum and dad will continue to struggle to keep a lid on him.

A NZ perspective .....

"Clearly she was acting in fear and there can be no doubt that Tostee was the perpetrator of that fear. But the jury said that didn't make him a murderer, or guilty of manslaughter.

I would argue he's guilty of the reckless endangerment of life. And when he saw Wright climb over the balcony, the fact that he didn't intervene potentially means he failed to provide the necessaries of life too.

Wright, unquestionably, was intimidated to such a degree that she tried to escape - and with fatal consequences.

And ultimately now a young woman is dead. What killed her? Fear. She was, I think, frightened to her death.

But sadly that is not a crime in the eyes of the law."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=11733254

Isn't is a terrible thing that Warriena had to lose her life in order for him to get his act together (if that is even possible or probable). Why his prior convictions were not enough for him to turn himself around, I will never understand. He has been an 'adult' for a long time. One would think that his transgressions as an 18 year old would have been enough to make him think twice about the direction in which he was headed.

I don't hold out great hope for him. I think after the hubbub dies down and time passes, mum and dad will continue to struggle to keep a lid on him.

I agree SA.
It won't be long.
The bottom line is that he is an adult and Mum and Dad should not have to keep a lid on him.
But I guess like any enabling parent they will burn themselves out trying.
imo

I think GT is a man-child. His parents have enabled him (though I'm sure they don't see it as enabling and instead see it as love). I feel like he doesn't really know what it is like to live in the "real world".

Hi!

This is my first post. I read all about that fateful night and then when the case began I would come to websleuths to read everyone's posts. I should have signed up earlier so that I could be involved in the conversation. Like many I found out a lot about GT and I don't want to generalise but I have met plenty of GT's in my dating life.

I've also been reading about the Aussie "missing persons" cases. Sometimes it makes me so sad to see the world we live in and how harsh it is but then I also see that I have the opportunity to bring sunshine and warmth and love...maybe not to everyone but as many people as possible. I'd like to say thank you to everyone who contributed their thoughts.

:welcome6:

A NZ perspective .....

"Clearly she was acting in fear and there can be no doubt that Tostee was the perpetrator of that fear. But the jury said that didn't make him a murderer, or guilty of manslaughter.

I would argue he's guilty of the reckless endangerment of life. And when he saw Wright climb over the balcony, the fact that he didn't intervene potentially means he failed to provide the necessaries of life too.

Wright, unquestionably, was intimidated to such a degree that she tried to escape - and with fatal consequences.

And ultimately now a young woman is dead. What killed her? Fear. She was, I think, frightened to her death.

But sadly that is not a crime in the eyes of the law."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=11733254

I doubt Tosser will be going to NZ anytime soon :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads