Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with speculating is no one knows exactly what happened in that apartment that night. It seems like GT had plenty of dating experience what was it 150 conquests? in a year or something? What about the previous girl that he frightened that he was a real creeper and fled from him and deleted her SM GT is not right in his head IMO.
bbm

Right? Especially interesting that she became terrified, right after he lifted her in the air, while on his balcony! (Who does that?). Sure he claimed he was just grabbing her, to bring her inside, but it sounded like she wasn't in on the plan.

I know I would not appreciate being "manhandled" off my feet, whilst I was out on a balcony 14 stories up! Thankfully, that 21 yr old woman was able to flee out the front door. He would not let the next one get away so easily.

A girl on holiday is not going to be so lovestruck by a tinder date that it triggers repressed abandonment issues that have her crawl off a balcony after being choked and locked in his place. I think that is an absurd postulation, no offense, and JMO, but I truly feel that is ridiculous and is not supported by anything.
Not lovestruck.

Intimate. Validated. Comforted. Feeling.

Then rejected in rather heinous fashion.

Hiya all!

Thinking of you all as we think of Warriena today. I'm so glad his life has been splashed across the media - he will never escape that, and his social anxiety will haunt him - every relationship (intimate or not) that he tries to form, he will be wondering who knows about me, what do they think about me. Sure, he can shut his emotions down (if they even exist in the traditional sense) but it will HAUNT him.

Hiya all!

Thinking of you all as we think of Warriena today. I'm so glad his life has been splashed across the media - he will never escape that, and his social anxiety will haunt him - every relationship (intimate or not) that he tries to form, he will be wondering who knows about me, what do they think about me. Sure, he can shut his emotions down (if they even exist in the traditional sense) but it will HAUNT him.

Yes, it will. Karma.

Hope my fellow posters are well today!

<modsnip>

I'm so glad that whilst our legislative laws may not always be able to prosecute for victim justice, we have WS & intelligent insight here. Those of us who have sleuthed and discussed the deeper parts of WW case have the exclusive right to our own options of this case & the accused. I woke up so dissolutioned today. But the collective opinion here gives me comfort. Community & social media disappointment is palpable also.

Interestingly that detectives on the case have expressed their disappointment in the jury decision. How much evidence was actually allowed in the trial? And will that metal object Tostee had on CCTV forever haunt us all?

Go gently and thank you for sharing your opinions & for being wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you accept an anonymous meeting with a stranger?
Would you go immediately to their place to drink with them?
Would you drink shots of vodka with them?
Would you have sex with them there and then?

If you said no to any of the above, Then have caution to apply your own values to this situation.

There is nothing wrong with any of the above mentioned behaviours, thousands of adults are doing exactly the same each day. This is a story of a tragic chain of circumstances, and if there is a positive to come from it, it should be for every person that thinks they have these risks under control, sometimes circumstances you could not possibly imagine prevail.

Without the audio recording, Mr Dore said it would have been harder to prove his innocence.

He said he cannot say what went wrong that night, but said the public would have to form their own opinion from the recording, rather than just listening to the last six minutes.

It has never been revealed why Mr Tostee pressed record on his phone.

"Whether that was an act of a narcissism I don't know," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...sympathy-warriena-wright-balcony-fall/7953928

The door closed, and the screaming was over. Then she climbed over the rail, saying she wanted to go home.

The screaming stopped.

It was as he jumped back inside to close the door that she started crying "I just want to go home" "Let me go home". She was pleading to go home at that point. It doesn't mean she wasn't terrified anymore, I can't believe you would try to imply that because her screaming stopped.

From that point on, she repeated that one phrase about wanting to go home. She was "stuck". I have a child who went through a phase where she would get so worked up and upset she would get stuck on a phrase and repeat it over and over while screaming/sobbing.

See the initial post that started this.

The witness said she told him "I want to go home."

Did she? Did she really turn and look at him while she was hanging there and say "I want to go home, dude"?
Or was she just repeating that one phrase over and over from the time Tostee jumped inside and locked the door on her. The NO's were pointless now. The NO's were to try and stop him doing what he was doing after choking her - dragging her out to the balcony and quite probably scaring her near the edge - the "just let me go home" "i want to go home" started as the door was closed and locked on her. By this stage she wasn't protesting in terrified fashion so much as begging to be allowed to leave.

She was TERRIFIED and I have literally no idea why you can't just admit that the most likely case is that Tostee terrified her in those last minutes. Because it IS the most likely thing to have occurred.

We missed you yesterday. Someone asked where you were on the thread.
He won't be re-tried, unless they find fresh and compelling new evidence, apparently.
Hi SouthAussie! I am so devastated. I can't overcome the thought that her family suffered through the utter horror and disrespect of that audio playing for all to hear, and still he walked free.

I wanted to gag when I realised that he's now free to pull up that same audio on YouTube and re-live what he did, whenever he wants.

I always wanted to visit Down Under. I'm cooking up fantasies coming there from New York (Fugghetaboutit) of finding the effing metal pole, his hidden visual recording, and past tinder dates that have been drugged, taped, tied up, etc.
Sigh.

Karma, he's all yours mama. Put your stomping boots on and step on it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For everyone that hasn't been able to download the Audio file - I've found this posted elsewhere and it seems to be working.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b844tog3r6882yk/dhd759cjr9.mp3
Is this it? It won't load for me. I bought a bottle of wine to drown in while I try to listen to entire tape. Then have a good cry.
Nah, looking for another show trial against perceived cyber-bullies is my guess, SA.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

She was screaming BEFORE the door closed. Remember that.

I could well imagine when he was bringing her to the balcony, that the thought crossed her mind he may be taking her there, to chuck her off the balcony.

But when he let's her go, likely facing her as he closes the door, turns his back, and walks away... that is the turning point where what she is thinking and feeling becomes truly unknown.

They were just intimate. He just manhandled her. He tossed her outside like a dog, or like garbage.

I want to go home.

You can read 'terror' into it, but you can also read 'completely crushed'.

I cannot listen ever again to Rrie' screams of terror in the last minutes of her life.
Crushed my *advertiser censored*s*.
I just feel so very sad for her family and friends. For the witnesses that have to live with what they saw for the rest of their lives. Just so many innocent people affected. Innocent people crushed.
imo

Hope my fellow posters are well today!

<modsnip>

I'm so glad that whilst our legislative laws may not always be able to prosecute for victim justice, we have WS & intelligent insight here. Those of us who have sleuthed and discussed the deeper parts of WW case have the exclusive right to our own options of this case & the accused. I woke up so dissolutioned today. But the collective opinion here gives me comfort. Community & social media disappointment is palpable also.

Interestingly that detectives on the case have expressed their disappointment in the jury decision. How much evidence was actually allowed in the trial? And will that metal object Tostee had on CCTV forever haunt us all?

Go gently and thank you for sharing your opinions & for being wonderful.
bbm
Personally, I am just using some of the judges instruction to the jury and ignoring certain portions of the discussion! It's difficult, but it's working for me. Most of the comments and links shared have been very interesting and informative. I do hope we can continue to discuss here (by ignoring the obvious bait?).

The fact remains that at her worst, WW was a lousy drunk who was perhaps too trusting of strangers. And at his best, GT was a creeper who scammed drunk women and exploited them online for reps from brahs, and endangered his friends, strangers and LEO. Forgive me for giving the benefit of the doubt to WW, but she deserves it. I won't ASSume anything negative about her unless it's founded in fact.

Hiya all!

And not just wondering who knows about him and what they think about him, but also what they'll be saying and who they'll be telling afterwards. Will they agree to be interviewed about him? Will they splash it across social media, "I survived a night with Gable Tostee!" Yep, he's going to be crazy paranoid.

Would you accept an anonymous meeting with a stranger?
Would you go immediately to their place to drink with them?
Would you drink shots of vodka with them?
Would you have sex with them there and then?

If you said no to any of the above, Then have caution to apply your own values to this situation.

There is nothing wrong with any of the above mentioned behaviours, thousands of adults are doing exactly the same each day. This is a story of a tragic chain of circumstances, and if there is a positive to come from it, it should be for every person that thinks they have these risks under control, sometimes circumstances you could not possibly imagine prevail.

Gosh, I am not applying my own adult learned values – younger people have always tested their limits; have thought they are invulnerable; lived in the present and been impulsive. GT was stuck in a loop, doing this over and over and over with the inherent risks, not understanding why 'this **** always happens' to him. Look at the numbers. A true predator, with no imagination beyond that loop, with preconceptions of how each encounter would play out, and documented frustration when the encounters did not run to his script.

I wonder what are the terms and conditions of use for the tinder app, what liability GT accepted by swiping for his date, and what remedy might be available to WW's Family under those terms.

I wonder what are the terms and conditions of use for the tinder app, what liability GT accepted by swiping for his date, and what remedy might be available to WW's Family under those terms.

Interesting point, but I'd be surprised if their terms and conditions of use weren't watertight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa