Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clarifying. I only have experience in Qld in public (state) schools. I guess I just wrongly assumed that all schools would have them.

I'm still certain, though, that if they were indeed there, someone would be able to verify it. Afterall, if they were carers they would be known to the teachers, admin etc. In addition, the grandchildren would definitely know. It is always a special moment to receive an award on parade, and even moreso if family are there.

I definitely agree that someone would be able to verify if he was there. It would be a relatively small school there too, which makes it even more likely IMO. Even at my daughters school (which would be bigger) her teacher or one of the other parents would definitely notice if I was there or not. In such a small community, someone would have to know.

Does anyone know how many students are at the school?
Has anyone said he was definitely not there on the day or definitely there?
From what I have seen, only photos of the students who receive awards are put on their website.
I definitely agree that someone would be able to verify if he was there. It would be a relatively small school there too, which makes it even more likely IMO. Even at my daughters school (which would be bigger) her teacher or one of the other parents would definitely notice if I was there or not. In such a small community, someone would have to know.

Laurieton Public School is a PP4 class primary school of 189 students. The school is situated centrally in the small township of Laurieton, in close proximity to the Camden Haven River and North Brother Mountain. The school draws students from Dunbogan and parts of Laurieton, west to St Albans Estate, and north to the Stingray Creek Bridge

http://www.laurieton-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/our-school/school-plan

Laurieton Public School is a PP4 class primary school of 189 students. The school is situated centrally in the small township of Laurieton, in close proximity to the Camden Haven River and North Brother Mountain. The school draws students from Dunbogan and parts of Laurieton, west to St Albans Estate, and north to the Stingray Creek Bridge

http://www.laurieton-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/our-school/school-plan

Hi All, first post.. been here since the start of this case and JBC before that, awesome people here.

I'm curious as to why any children of residents in Bonny Hills would not attend Lake Cathie Public School.

http://www.laurieton-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/school-policies/non-local-enrolment

http://www.lakecathie-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/home

attachment.php

Attachments

• LCPS.jpg
    LCPS.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 333
Has anyone said he was definitely not there on the day or definitely there?

I think the police doesn't had to let the public know whether their alibi was confirmed or not? Those alibi confirmed or not confirmed so far seems are purely media's speculation.

Yes we do!! Letters are sent home about a week in advance so that parents/grandparents/carers have notice to attend if their child is receiving an award. Parents/gparents are normally already seated before children walk in with their teachers - and majority look for them and give them a wave - they're so excited. Also, not all schools have teachers sitting with their backs to the parents. We sit along the side of the hall with children in the middle and parents at the back. Pretty sure that if BS and MS were there, at least ONE of the teachers would've noticed them.

Oops - I meant to reply to post. This was a reply to purpleandgreen #247

In light of the recent news, makes me so sick to imagine somebody deliberating (to themselves, or to fellow bottom feeders they've somehow entangled with) about whether or not a stolen child should be kept alive or not. Weighing potential legal repercussions, media harassment, social troubles, against the life of an innocent, and all the lives it would shatter if it were lost. It's actually quite unfathomable. I wish they could test for somebody's ability to consider this a decision worth debating in the same way they test your palms for gunpowder at New Jersey airports.

"We've got a problem, guys," one of them says in some moldy basement meeting room (or so I imagine). But somehow nobody realizes that problem is their very own existence?

Response to #292
I got a bit nervous when Jubelin said on the 60 minutes story that (paraphrased) if you know something and are hiding it you are as guilty. To me that would be a reason to shut up and keep hiding, or (sadly) remove the evidence. But LE have also stressed that those can remain anonymous, and in one of the radio interviews some encouragement for being 'the ones who bring him home'. Sorry no links but all from recent posts here.

Once you kill someone, once you kil a child, your in a whole new level #%$^$. Not a good idea.

Response to #292
I got a bit nervous when Jubelin said on the 60 minutes story that (paraphrased) if you know something and are hiding it you are as guilty. To me that would be a reason to shut up and keep hiding, or (sadly) remove the evidence. But LE have also stressed that those can remain anonymous, and in one of the radio interviews some encouragement for being 'the ones who bring him home'. Sorry no links but all from recent posts here.

Is the grandson saying he wasn't there? I have not seen that in MSM

His name popped up as he had been to the house on 2 occasions in September, then he was questioned after a crimestoppers ?report

It was months later.

There was also a comment about staff refuting that BS had coffee there that day, I have not seen that reported in MSM. Link?
I was throwing that out as a possibility, hence the question mark. We have been told there were inconsistencies and that people did not remember seeing him where he claimed to be that day. I was wondering if his grandson was one of these people, because in my opinion he would be most likely to remember if his grandfather was there while he got his special award. I at 31 still remember who was and wasn't there for special moments in my school days.

Daniel Morcombe coroner has file on William Tyrrell.
19 Sept 2015

Paraphrase

William Tyrrell's disappearance has been referred to as a suspected death.
NSW Coroner Michael Barnes helped solve Daniel Morcombe's Murder.
The coroner's case was opened in February - paving the way for an inquest.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...iam-tyrrell-case/story-e6frg6n6-1227534080224

Initially, I was quite disheartened when I read the above but 'behind every cloud there's a silver lining', I suppose.

I forgot what I'd learned at Uni about the extraordinary powers of a coroner, ie;

The Coroner may summon witnesses, and people found to be lying are guilty of perjury.

Additional powers of the Coroner include:

the power of subpoena,

the power of arrest,

the power to administer oaths and,

the power to authorise a police officer or other person to enter any place and gather evidence, similar to a search warrant.

The Coroner may ask a person(s) to give evidence at court as a witness(es). If the Coroner wishes someone to appear, they will receive the summons in person, usually from a police officer acting on the Coroner’s behalf. If they don't turn up to court, the Coroner may issue a warrant(s) for their arrest(s).

Although, the Coroner cannot find someone guilty of a crime if, at any time during the course of an inquest or inquiry, the Coroner forms an opinion that a known person has committed an indictable offence in connection with a death, the Coroner is required to suspend the inquest or inquiry and refer the matter to the Director of Public Prosecutions. (Although, it's entirely a matter for the Director of Public Prosecutions to determine whether charges should be laid against the person, and a matter for the criminal courts to determine whether the person is guilty.)

Ref: http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov.au/

Might be the only way to 'compel' someone to tell their 'secrets'?

MOD ALERT: Just a heads up for everyone. The grandchildren of BS and MS are off limits here. Sleuthing schools etc. has no relevance to the case. The name of the school BS attended on the day William disappeared has been mentioned in MSM, so leave it at that.

Once you kill someone, your in a whole level #%$^$. Not a good idea.
I agree, but look at what they've done already. Their minds are clearly on a different planet. To do a hideous act like snatch a child makes me think they don't really care of the consequence and are convinced at what they have done is ok......one year on!

Once you kill someone, once you kil a child, your in a whole new level #%$^$. Not a good idea.

On the other hand, it might be easier to get away with it if you think you've disposed of the body in a way that nobody will ever find it.
Concealing a preschooler who is going to grow up into a larger child, then teen, then adult... wouldn't that be harder?

I'm playing devil's advocate here and trying to think the way they would.

I don't think a person who would abduct a child is someone I would trust not to kill that child if it was more convenient for them to do so.

yes, I know these are US stats, but I couldn't find Australian ones and Australia is a tiny country by population compared to the US, so I doubt we really have the data they do to compare, but just as an example:

According to a 2002 federal study on missing children, 99.8 percent of children reported missing were located or returned home alive.[SUP]80[/SUP] The remaining 0.2 percent either did not return home or were not found. The study estimated that most of missing children cases involved runaways from juvenile facilities and that only an estimated 0.0068 percent were true kidnappings by a stranger. The primary conclusion of the study was that child abductions perpetrated by strangers rarely occur. However, when they do occur, the results can be tragic.The Washington State Attorney General’s Office also conducted research on child abduction murders and made the following observations based on its review of over 775 cases between 1968 and 2002:

• in 76 percent of the murders of an abducted child, the child was murdered within 3 hours of the abduction;
  • in 89 percent of the cases, the missing child died within 24 hours of disappearing;
  • in nearly 60 percent of the cases, more than 2 hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified; and
  • the primary motive for the abductor was sexual assault.[SUP]81[/SUP]
https://oig.justice.gov/reports/FBI/a0908/chapter3.htm
BBM

Stranger abductions are very rare. But when they happen, they're more often than not, deadly.

On the other hand, it might be easier to get away with it if you think you've disposed of the body in a way that nobody will ever find it.
Concealing a preschooler who is going to grow up into a larger child, then teen, then adult... wouldn't that be harder?

I'm playing devil's advocate here and trying to think the way they would.

I don't think a person who would abduct a child is someone I would trust not to kill that child if it was more convenient for them to do so.

yes, I know these are US stats, but I couldn't find Australian ones and Australia is a tiny country by population compared to the US, so I doubt we really have the data they do to compare, but just as an example:

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/FBI/a0908/chapter3.htm
BBM

Stranger abductions are very rare. But when they happen, they're more often than not, deadly.
Yes, it's playing on my mind HOW they think this will work in the long term. I can't think of anything good unfortunately. But I recall an exposure where an abuducted girl grew up in "captivity" and bumped into her real sister at school (West USA I think?). Like I said earlier...their minds are on a different planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz