Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
William Tyrrell: ‘One million reasons’ to come forward over toddler’s abduction
7:29pm September 12, 2016

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fimages%2f2015%2fapril%2f17%2f1604_william_tyrrell_1.ashx%3fw%3d603

A $1 million reward, the largest in New South Wales history, has been announced for information that leads to the arrest of the person who abducted missing toddler William Tyrrell, or for the boy’s safe return or recovery.

William, then aged three, went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the state's mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

[...]

"You’re in a much better position if you come to us than if we come to you."

Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS WRITTEN BELOW. YOU MUST FOLLOW WHAT IS OUTLINED OR YOU WILL BE TIMED OUT OR BANNED!!!!

Thanks to DrSleuth for your help in writing up the information needed for the discussion.

Here is what we can and cannot discuss.

No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE
CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

Prior to the coronial inquest, the bio families could be identified, but it was overturned by the coroner for the inquest.

I am very sorry it took me so long to open this thread back up. Please keep in mind we are short handed so if this thread starts to get out of control with alerts we will have to close it again.
Please do not hesitate to alert but make sure the alert is truly needed. We have experienced a lot of tit for tat alerts and that makes me foam at the mouth, grow hair on my hands and my teeth turn into fangs. In other words please be sure when you post you are posting within our terms of service.

Thank you,
Tricia

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/MAPS/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61
Thread #62 Thread #63

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep posting the information as soon as we are certain everyone understands who they cannot identify. One more time:
No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

So, does that mean it's OK to discuss any other books on the subject?

There is no blanket approval. Please contact a Mod or Admin with the name of the book and the author and we will make a decision.

Chumley's book "Searching for Spiderman" is not approved.

Gary Jubelin's book and Caroline Overington's book are the only two that are approved for discussion at this time.

I think they should be okay - as one is a journo and one is an ex-lead detective on the case - but I will alert on my post and see if a mod can clarify how we should reference. Whether that be the book and page number, or a screenshot of the specific excerpt from the page of one of the allowable books.

IIRC stormbird was putting up screenshots when she spoke of particular passages from Overington's book.

Both books can be discussed.

Always give credit to the author. Book title, page # and paraphrasing or brief quotes are allowed.

Screenshots and more extensive quoting requires approval of the author (the copyright holder).

Do not try to get more content in by breaking it up into multiple posts.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please post respectfully. Members are all here for the same reason and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be snarky, unkind or disrespectful. If someone else is rude, do not respond. Just Report the post and let moderators review it.

Also, when stating information as fact, an approved link must be provided to substantiate the fact. If it's been linked recently, it's no big deal, but if it is older information or information not known to other members, they are entitled to ask for a link and one must be provided.

ADMIN NOTE:

Have just spoken with Tricia and she agrees that members can discuss the recent events surrounding the issuing of the AVO and the foster parents as potential POIs (which y'all have been doing anyway, right?)

While WS policy is that we are victim friendly, and this extends to family member, the policy has to be examined as to how it relates to specific discussions and new information as it comes to light. This is a thread specific exception that is being made based on MSM, obvious action and ongoing investigation by Australian law enforcement.

Discuss matters factually and speculate reasonably but without trashing these people or making direct accusations. Members who do so will be banned from the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

This case has its very own set of very unique circumstances that we are having to work around and we know it is difficult for our members.

Of course we have William's case, but we also have the complicating factors of the foster situation, a living minor child, a coronial inquest that prevents publication of names, an AVO not known 100% to be immediately connected to William's case.

Taking all the above into consideration, we can not allow sleuthing of individuals who have not been publicly named.

Discussing what is in MSM is fine, but actual sleuthing of unnamed persons and posting about their background, their personal information or social media is not allowed.

Thanks to everyone here for trying to post accordingly through all this murkiness.

ADMIN NOTE:

No link, no post !!

Mentioning something while failing to provide a link leads to rumors being linked back to Websleuths. If you can’t recall or you ‘think’ you remember, please take the time to find the link or don’t post it.

Unless someone can link to MSM where it is stipulated that William had ADHD, please stop discussing it as fact. The same applies to speculation about mental health of the foster mom. There are no Verified mental health experts in this discussion, so diagnosing such issues is not allowed. We run across this in many discussions where members speculate or guess regarding ADHD, bipolar, borderline personality, psychopathy, narcissism, autism, Aspergers, etc etc.

ALL images require a link to the source, otherwise it is a copyright violation and such posts get removed.

We tend to overlook the occasional off topic post, but such posts and numerous responses take the focus off the case. It can take a lot of time to find and remove all those posts because Mods have to review pages and pages to find all the responses. Mods and Admins aren’t jerks ...we just don’t have unlimited resources to devote to removing chit chat about unrelated matters.

Discussing or criticizing other members (whether new members or veteran members, whether individually or collectively) is just plain tacky. It has zero to do with finding out what happened to William, and is not allowed.

Patience everyone. There are some veteran members who forget they were new here once, and there are new members who forget that veteran members know a lot about this case. Discuss the case at hand without bickering, personalizing or snark.

Thread is open again.

ADMIN WARNING:

Posts discussing the foster mom's statement to LE have been removed as no link was provided to the document, and to our knowledge this document has never been publicly released.

Welcome to Thread #64,

Personalizing, bickering, and trolling of fellow posters continues to be an issue. If you have a concern with a post, do not respond to it. Simply report it and a member of the team will review it.

Please note that we are a small volunteer team behind the curtain. We are not actively reading each post as it hits the board. It is up to members to make us aware of violations.

Lastly, LINKS are required for statements of fact. If you can’t find the link, do not post your comment until you have located the link to accompany your statement of fact.

Take a moment to review all Admin notes posted above by @Sillybilly and then continue here..

Tiff

Well, I've been laboriously going through the auto transcripts of the Lia Harris podcasts and it seems that the auto transcript tool has a much easier time of deciphering the speech of the FM and Lia Harris, than it does with the speech of the FF, the audio of which is fairly distorted compared to FM and LH.

These sound like telephone interviews and either his phone has a crappy microphone or he speaks too closely to it.

Just back to the tanks; the underground tank may be a rainwater one & not sceptic - we have 10,000l tank underground. There is a small vent? that we can take the lid off for inspections (I guess, we’ve never done one). I would think that would be on a property’s section 32 though, as it would need permits etc.

otherwise, I am loving this discussion. Hopefully there’s a result soon.

@cant r un and hide
'In the foster mother's police statement she said she slipped and fell up the hill ... where she was playing with W.'

However, in the MFC walkaround (4.00), he states 'he's got asthma. He wouldn't probably spend his time going uphill, 'cos it'd just be too hard for him.

Well, I've been laboriously going through the auto transcripts of the Lia Harris podcasts and it seems that the auto transcript tool has a much easier time of deciphering the speech of the FM and Lia Harris, than it does with the speech of the FF, the audio of which is fairly distorted compared to FM and LH.

These sound like telephone interviews and either his phone has a crappy microphone or he speaks too closely to it.
Where are you seeing the 'Where's William' podcasts where it does the auto transcripts? Ty!

Just relistening to the WWT Podcast and they’re discussing the fact that the house wasn’t quarantined .. in fact people trooped in and out of the house all day. Also an off duty policewoman took it upon herself to do a first interview of his sister.

‎Where's William Tyrrell?: One Last Roar on Apple Podcasts

So many mistakes were made on that first day. Hopefully lessons have been learnt.

William Tyrrell search brings back painful memories for PS who was cleared after being a person of interest

As police scoured the rainwater tank below William Tyrrell's late foster-grandmother's home, PSpoured himself a cup of tea and began watching an afternoon movie on TV.

Mr S, who lives near the home at Kendall, on the NSW Mid-North Coast, says he is pleased to see officers looking for the boy, who has been missing for seven years.

But he admits it brings up painful memories of when he was named a person of interest by former lead detective Gary Jubelin.

The elderly widower was eventually cleared.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-25/william-tyrrell-search-ps-bad-memories/100647632

Last edited:
Last edited:
Police failed to find any sign of William Tyrrell after searching a rainwater and septic tank below the balcony of his late foster-grandmother's home yesterday.

It was the place William was last seen.

Mr S emerged from his balcony as the search wrapped up before returning to the couch to continue watching his movie.

Former person of interest in Willam Tyrrell case says new search brought back painful memories

He’s talking too much. I know he’s been cleared on this, but does he have previous? I’ve just heard about the “you’re a little boy” secret recordings.

Police failed to find any sign of William Tyrrell after searching a rainwater and septic tank below the balcony of his late foster-grandmother's home yesterday.

It was the place William was last seen.

Mr S emerged from his balcony as the search wrapped up before returning to the couch to continue watching his movie.

Former person of interest in Willam Tyrrell case says new search brought back painful memories
Interesting choice of movie! have to admit I have thought of PS and all the other neighbours during this new search, they must all bé hoping for a resolution. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes