AZ AZ - Alissa Turney, 17, Phoenix, 17 May 2001 *stepdad ARREST in 2020, acquitted*

I just listened to the entire Voices of Justice Podcast that Alissa's sister Sarah has done in hopes to find Alissa. I applaud all that Sarah has done in the search for what happened to her sister. She hasn't backed down from anyone! You all honestly need to listen to her Podcast. She is smart, driven and just wants the truth. #justiceforalissa
My heart does hurts for Sarah, knowing her father killed her sister and is just waiting for more evidence (now the Prosecutors offices wants to try Alissa's case - she is hoping they have evidence that she doesn't know about)

Adoptive father charged with murder in 2001 disappearance of Alissa Turney | 12news.com
''Michael Turney has been charged with second-degree murder of his daughter, Alissa Turney, who disappeared from Phoenix in 2001.''
4b9a641c-0530-42c8-9c4e-05ddf7beb15e_1920x1080.jpg

''Then in 2008, Phoenix police said foul play was a factor in Alissa's disappearance. Sgt. Maggie Cox with Phoenix police said that allegations of sexual abuse by Michael Turney changed the investigation's focus.

“The totality of circumstances known to police prompted the focus on Michael Turney as the suspect,” Sgt. Cox told Dateline.

Michael Turney was accused of plotting to blow up an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers union hall in 2010.''

Her sister worked so hard for this justice. Alissa has her voice back.
BREAKING: Stepfather of missing teen Alissa Turney has been arrested for MURDER
YES!!!! This case has haunted me ever since I learned about his perverse, controlling, and demeaning behavior. I was sure he did something to her, and I hope that the police and DA can build an airtight case. Those poor girls, having to live with an abusive man after losing their mother.

I'm so sorry your bright life was ended this way, Alissa, and I hope they can bring you home.

Is it true that the abuse predates Barbara's death? My initial theory was that a switch flipped after losing his wife and Michael began grooming Alissa to be her mother's replacement but I read recently that Barbara took her daughters to a doctor to check for possible sexual abuse?

I have listened to all of Sarah's podcasts for Alissa. When I opened up FB last night and Sarah posted her 3 minute podcast that said she received a call from the detective to say her dad was arrested, I got goosebumps and tears in my eyes. Sarah has fought so hard for Justice for Alissa. I hope Michael just confesses and tell them where Alissa's body is, but I doubt it will be that easy.
Praying for Alissa's family!

Is it true that the abuse predates Barbara's death? My initial theory was that a switch flipped after losing his wife and Michael began grooming Alissa to be her mother's replacement but I read recently that Barbara took her daughters to a doctor to check for possible sexual abuse?
I have read that before that happens in some cases too.

I have read that somewhere along the way but have no idea where at the moment. I wouldn’t be surprised though.

Yes she took Alissa to the doctor to check for abuse. I'm not sure about Sarah. The abuse may have started before Barbara died, it may have not and Barbara just saw "signs"/had a feeling. I lean towards Alissa was being abused before her mom died but I'm not sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back