Baez Granted Access To Crime Scene Evidence

Okay, so they want to do a second autopsy. The first one found no trauma. The defense has a problem with this??

Well, we know that Caylee is not the Anthony's child, so I do not understand why he said that. Count on JB to be demanding as well as tacky. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and the next day is Christmas. Couldn't JB have just given it a rest until at least December 26th?
Why couldn't Caylee be left undisturbed until the day after Christmas?

Baez should try to enjoy himself now because when the trial starts he is going to have to sit there day after day and hear the awful truth about 'his girl'. I resent him so much!

It really sucks when you have to file the proper motions and do your job, huh JB.

wahh wahh Slam ME wahh wahh Slam SA wahh wahh Make my job easy wahh wahh......

Ok, I'm done, sorry. I better step back and give myself a TO today.

ROBLYN, I frequently have to give myself timeouts as well! I am off to the corner now!

:blowkiss:

Whenever I see these motions filed, I end up being more and more convinced that JB can not handle any of this. If I haven't seen JB and were to have read this I would think he was right out of Law school and a little immature and young. He really needs to get a grip.

I just do not see the big problem here. The State has to turn over the evidence it has gathered in a timely fashion. Baez already filed all the Motions for Discovery and there is a continuing obligation on the parties to continue to produce information as it becomes available. It seems Baez wanted the State to produce the information ASAP in the spirit of cooperation and without having to file another Motion, but the State's idea of cooperation was to say "you will get it soon". "Soon" is not sufficient for Baez to set up the second autopsy, he has to schedule his experts, etc. so the Motion was necessary so the Judge could set a time frame upon which Baez can depend.

Standard procedure. Baez is entitled to the information, ALL of it, in order to prepare his defense. No big deal here. It is sooooo normal for the State to delay, delay, delay having to show its cards. It is a game. This discovery could be produced in 2 days, but the State will take the entire 14 days just because it can.

Welcome to the practice of law, Mr. Baez. Isn't it fun?

I just do not see the big problem here. The State has to turn over the evidence it has gathered in a timely fashion. Baez already filed all the Motions for Discovery and there is a continuing obligation on the parties to continue to produce information as it becomes available. It seems Baez wanted the State to produce the information ASAP in the spirit of cooperation and without having to file another Motion, but the State's idea of cooperation was to say "you will get it soon". "Soon" is not sufficient for Baez to set up the second autopsy, he has to schedule his experts, etc. so the Motion was necessary so the Judge could set a time frame upon which Baez can depend.

Standard procedure. Baez is entitled to the information, ALL of it, in order to prepare his defense. No big deal here. It is sooooo normal for the State to delay, delay, delay having to show its cards. It is a game. This discovery could be produced in 2 days, but the State will take the entire 14 days just because it can.

Welcome to the practice of law, Mr. Baez. Isn't it fun?

JB should have became a magician instead of a lawyer. Seems he might do well at pulling rabbits out of hats or at least good at attempting.

Emails are interesting. Baez is just as snippy and smirky in print. So what, no one in Baez land or KC land calls anyone anymore? They "reach out"?? I'll try putting in that my time keepers time sheets, instead of telephone conference with, it will read, "reached out to ...."

This expression has been driving me crazy! I don't want to be 'reached out' to. There are some people in this case that I wouldn't want to 'reach out' to me with a ten foot pole.

(Please excuse the mini rant)

Back on topic...I find the JB e mails rather snarky, also and I'll bet he ain't making many friends. Granted the pros and defense do not have to love each other but mutual respect would help to 'grease the wheels.'

I'm still waiting on this new phone number JB has set up so he can take calls from people telling him how Caylee got to the spot she was found. Maybe it will be all psychics calling in (boy, he sure would be none to happy) or people saying "duh, KC put her there".

Okay, so they want to do a second autopsy. The first one found no trauma. The defense has a problem with this??

No the state did their autopsy they don't plan on doing another one.

Jose wants the remains so his crew can do their own autopsy(which is where the second comes in)

He also wants the medical examiners xrays,reports and slides which I don't agree with---He has a team to do the second examination why can't they come to their own conclusions based on what they find for themselves

MO is Jose is looking for others to do his job for him

As the days go on, it's eerily strange how much JB & KC are alike. Both self-centered and do not care about Caylee. All they care about KC.

I see nothing wrong with Baez requesting stuff to expedite the second autopsy thus the quick release of Caylee's remains to the Anthony's for a burial or cremation.

I think she should have been laid to rest a long time ago, Casey made that impossible. I don't think her little body needs to wait even an extra day...do you?

I see nothing wrong with Baez requesting stuff to expedite the second autopsy thus the quick release of Caylee's remains to the Anthony's for a burial or cremation.

I think she should have been laid to rest a long time ago, Casey made that impossible. I don't think her little body needs to wait even an extra day...do you?

There is a difference in requesting stuff then demanding stuff and being rude about it. PERIOD!

My mother always taught me that if you need/want something then being a brat about it won't get you anywhere.

http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/1223/18344543.pdf

Nope, JB filed a Motion, Judge granted. JB wants it now, now, now. Not within 14 days given.

I"m guessing the motion came to the judge in writing, since it would take all of 5 minutes for him to read it and then grant or deny. JB had asked the judge in previous hearings if he could file motions of this sort in writing for sake of time and the judge allowed him to. So here's the first of probably many...

No the state did their autopsy they don't plan on doing another one.

Jose wants the remains so his crew can do their own autopsy(which is where the second comes in)

He also wants the medical examiners xrays,reports and slides which I don't agree with---He has a team to do the second examination why can't they come to their own conclusions based on what they find for themselves

MO is Jose is looking for others to do his job for him

Does he want others to do the job for him (after all he expected this before) or does he also want the ME's work so that his 'experts' can pick it apart looking for something to use as 'unfair' or 'mistaken'

Good luck with that, JB, from what I have read, Dr G is well respected.

Does he want others to do the job for him (after all he expected this before) or does he also want the ME's work so that his 'experts' can pick it apart looking for something to use as 'unfair' or 'mistaken'

Good luck with that, JB, from what I have read, Dr G is well respected.

Bold by me:

Very well put. It's clear who is respected and who is not. Maybe JB needs to do a little attitude adjustment before the trial b/c no judge will put up with his bullschit.

I can't see any emails at the bottom, someone please let me know how to view them!

Nope, they want to do a second autopsy so they can prove that she died of emphysema, because it is a well documented fact that Caylee was a heavy chain smoker.

This should be an interesting trial. I can't wait to see what kind of crap they come up with.

JB isn't requesting this info to expedite his autopsy---If his experts are doing their own autopsy their going to the same exact procedures and it's going to take the same amount of time that it took Dr G to do it

But you're right about her being laid to rest a long time ago--But it's never been about Caylee for any of them so I don't see them changing that now

So he sent his whiny emails to the SA and the judge still said "The state will provide photos and x-rays to defense counsel within 14 days of this order."

WAH Jose! This ain't Burger King.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back