Breaking News 8/28

KUSA - 9NEWS has confirmed from two sources that the DNA taken from John Mark Karr does not match the DNA samples taken from the crime scene in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case.var LinkCount=0;

9NEWS has also confirmed from different sources that no charges will be filed against Karr in connection with the Ramsey case by the Boulder County District Attorney's office.

Samples of Karr's saliva and hair were taken in Boulder after his arrival on Thursday. Those samples were tested over the weekend inside the Denver Police Department's Crime lab.

9NEWS has confirmed that Karr's DNA is ruled out as the foreign DNA left on JonBenet Ramsey's body when she was murdered in December 1996.

JonBenet was covered in a blanket when her body was found. Foreign hair fibers were found on that blanket and they did not match any of the Ramsey family or approximately 100 people that were tested.

Karr was taken into custody in Bangkok, Thailand earlier this month in connection with the murder. He arrived in Boulder Thursday afternoon on a probable cause warrant for charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual assault on a child.

Karr said at a press conference in Thailand he was with JonBenet when she died.

Karr is scheduled to be in court Monday afternoon for an advisement hearing.

He still faces charges of child *advertiser censored* in California.

9NEWS.com and 9NEWS at 4, 5 and 6 p.m. will have the latest on this developing story.
http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=5647dd32-0abe-421a-01cb-49517318e6a4&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

englishleigh said:
Opinion or are you announcing a stated fact, and if so, source, please?

Just saw it on Fox. Whoa. Ok...that should be it, then, right? :waitasec:

JDB said:
And now I am wondering if Hutchens did send the Pics to him.
Something very strange has been going on here. I actually think she's just as mentally disturbed as JMK.

lighthouselover said:
MSNBC reporting NO CHARGES WILL BE FILED!
Jean Casares on Court tv saying that there is no official confirmation yet, and all reports are coming from KUSA-tv. He is still scheduled to appear in court today, per Jean Casares.
:confused:

Thanks Panthera. I just got in and turned on the news. I was wondering if he was still going to appear in court today. Why would he appear now?

What about the facts he knew about the body and the crime scene that supposedly no one else knew? What was that all about?

desert said:
What about the facts he knew about the body and the crime scene that supposedly no one else knew? What was that all about?
I don't know desert. I'm just sad that we won't have closure in this case. I really wanted justice for this little girl.

Jean and Nancy are still hanging on...."But, but, but....just because the DNA doesn't match......"

I can see Jean being picked up in her chair and moved when the media packs up and leaves town.

lighthouselover said:
MSNBC reporting NO CHARGES WILL BE FILED!

My dad, who is retired and used to work in our state courts, just emailed me that he heard that, too. I guess CA gets him back now on the *advertiser censored* charges.

HHHEEEELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOO. Kind of makes you wonder why they couldn't have surreptitiously obtained JMK's DNA to check it against DNA found on Jon Benet, before going through this three ring circus of extraditing John Mark Karr from Thailand. Is this all because the BPD reputation wasn't yet poor enough, and needed a little further enhancement??? Is this an example of CSI 2006; so much for Mary Lacy having a good solid reputation before this; it's the Keystone Cops all over again. This is two strikes on the BPD. Three strikes and yer out--let's go for it.

Dan Abrahms is arguing with Wendy. He is supporting the Ramsey's. Interesting. Heck, there's as much evidence, more for that matter, that points toward the R's than Karr, but Abrams is going on and on about Karr.

englishleigh said:
My dad, who is retired and used to work in our state courts, just emailed me that he heard that, too. I guess CA gets him back now on the *advertiser censored* charges.
Oh I'm sure California is really looking forward to seeing this guy ~ for misdemeanor charges!

Nancy Grace just saying that CBS4 is reporting that no charges will be filed.

panthera said:
Oh I'm sure California is really looking forward to seeing this guy ~ for misdemeanor charges!

Nancy Grace just saying that CBS4 is reporting that no charges will be filed.

CO isn't filing charges...are you saying CA isn't, either?

englishleigh said:
Winter's coming; it will be a good time for John Mark Karr to be tried and sentenced in Petaluma, or wherever the county court is. If he is put in the general population he may have a rough time.

Buzzm1 said:
HHHEEEELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOO. Kind of makes you wonder why they couldn't have surreptitiously obtained JMK's DNA to check it against DNA found on Jon Benet, before going through this three ring circus of extraditing John Mark Karr from Thailand. Is this all because the BPD reputation wasn't yet poor enough, and needed a little further enhancement??? Is this an example of CSI 2006; so much for Mary Lacy having a good solid reputation before this; it's the Keystone Cops all over again. This is two strikes on the BPD. Three strikes and yer out--let's go for it.
And what if ~ what if some day ~ they actually find the real killer and can't get a conviction because of their track record??
:eek:

Peter Hamilton said:
desert,John Karr knows nothing--it was all media hype or Lacy hype

Lacy hope is hitting the nail on the head. Too bad she doesn't put the same effort in investigating the R's. Cripes...there's a lot of evidence against them. It just makes you sick to think what money can buy these days...and of the good luck to have the Keystone Cops at your house that morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back