CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems more like a lone nutter than anything to do with ISIS. Thankfully all the victims are injured rather than dead, and the culprit is safely under arrest. That doesn't seem like its in the same category as what happened in Paris or the attack we're discussing on this thread.

I agree... someone wanting 5 minutes of fame... needs a Psych evaluation n a stay in an institution.
But still people we don't need on the street to add to an already over burdoned LE.

Has the Canadian border been a source of terrorists entering the US?

Not that I have read. Yet some worry about the 25,000 to influx. I am privy to 4 border crossings based on where i live and based on where I am crossing and where I am shopping Or visiting Family.. 2 ferry and 2 Border.

Has the Canadian border been a source of terrorists entering the US?

I do know that the US gov't has mentioned in the past that they have concerns about our lax laws (also they were concerned when marijuana was decriminalized). I don't think there are any specific terrorists identified as having come from Canada, but it is a concern.

Imam: Texts With San Bernardino Shooter Eyed by FBI Were About Food

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sa...dino-shooter-eyed-fbi-were-about-food-n474891

A leader of a San Bernardino mosque said investigators questioned him about a series of text messages he sent massacre gunman Syed Farook, but they were only about food donations for Islamic holy days.

Roshan Abbassi, assistant imam at Dar-Al-Uloom Al-Islamia, told NBC News that Farook had volunteered to bring chicken biryani to the masjid for the evening meal that marks the breaking of the daily fast during Ramadan.

Between June 12 and June 28, he and Farook exchanged 38 messages, he said, according to his phone records.

"He was bringing food, so I was coordinating with him," Abbassi said. "They were nothing more than about food."

[There were THIRTY EIGHT texts about him donating chicken to a Ramadan potluck? LOL]

A leader of a San Bernardino mosque said investigators questioned him about a series of text messages he sent massacre gunman Syed Farook, but they were only about food donations for Islamic holy days.

Roshan Abbassi, assistant imam at Dar-Al-Uloom Al-Islamia, told NBC News that Farook had volunteered to bring chicken biryani to the masjid for the evening meal that marks the breaking of the daily fast during Ramadan.

Between June 12 and June 28, he and Farook exchanged 38 messages, he said, according to his phone records.

"He was bringing food, so I was coordinating with him," Abbassi said. "They were nothing more than about food."

[There were THIRTY EIGHT texts about him donating chicken to a Ramadan potluck? LOL]

If it had been two women then maybe it would become that many messages. First was the offer of chicken then discussing how much to bring them which recipe to use then how spicy should it be. Yeah, we can make a simple event into a huge event

This lovely guy was detained at the Canadian border, trying to enter the US:

Ahmed Ressam (Arabic: احمد رسام‎; also Benni Noris or the Millennium Bomber; born May 9, 1967) is an Algerian al-Qaeda member who lived for a time in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.[1][3][4][6][8] He received extensive terrorist training in Afghanistan.

He was convicted in 2001 of planning to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on New Year's Eve 1999, as part of the foiled 2000 millennium attack plots.[9][10] He was initially sentenced to 22 years in prison, after cooperating with the government in testifying about al-Qaeda and associated terrorist networks. In February 2010 an appellate court held his sentence to be too lenient, and ordered that it be extended.[11] In October 2012, he was re-sentenced to 37 years' imprisonment.[12] He is serving time at ADX Florence in Colorado.

A potluck he didn't attend :facepalm: (according to the article)

This lovely guy was detained at the Canadian border, trying to enter the US:

Ahmed Ressam (Arabic: احمد رسام‎; also Benni Noris or the Millennium Bomber; born May 9, 1967) is an Algerian al-Qaeda member who lived for a time in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.[1][3][4][6][8] He received extensive terrorist training in Afghanistan.

He was convicted in 2001 of planning to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on New Year's Eve 1999, as part of the foiled 2000 millennium attack plots.[9][10] He was initially sentenced to 22 years in prison, after cooperating with the government in testifying about al-Qaeda and associated terrorist networks. In February 2010 an appellate court held his sentence to be too lenient, and ordered that it be extended.[11] In October 2012, he was re-sentenced to 37 years' imprisonment.[12] He is serving time at ADX Florence in Colorado.

Didn't know about this one. Probably there are more.

I agree... someone wanting 5 minutes of fame... needs a Psych evaluation n a stay in an institution.
But still people we don't need on the street to add to an already over burdoned LE.

Absolutely. I have relatives in that area of London, and by all accounts, a tube station in Luton on a Saturday night is a place where stabbings and other violent incidents are a fairly regular occurrence. With everything that's been on the news the last few weeks, its not surprising that a certain type of nut would spice up his psychotic break with some ranting about Syria. Not exactly ISIS material though.

Not that I have read. Yet some worry about the 25,000 to influx. I am privy to 4 border crossings based on where i live and based on where I am crossing and where I am shopping Or visiting Family.. 2 ferry and 2 Border.

Do you remember about 10 years ago a woman was stopped at the border and arrested? She tried to claim she was looking for a restaurant and got lost, never meant to try to get into the US. It was at one of the tiny crossings, too, so no way the restaurant story was true.

eta: I think she was giving someone a ride too. Or claimed she was as another explanation.

I wonder if LE is showing up at anyone else's place with guns drawn and searching everyone and the place. Isn't a warrant with probable cause needed? Especially, if it's just because of texting in June.

Is that stabbing the one where the machete was used and the person yelled 'this is for Syria'?

The article I read didn't mention that. It used the word "stabbing". Just checked CNN again, no machete mentioned, nor Syria. Maybe this is yet another one, ARGH!

I wonder if LE is showing up at anyone else's place with guns drawn and searching everyone and the place. Isn't a warrant with probable cause needed? Especially, if it's just because of texting in June.

Nevermind. Oops.

My hinky meter will not stop signalling she isn't who she says she is. I have no real reason to think this but once it popped into my head everything makes me think more and more it's true. But even if it isn't her I doubt we'll never know.

Same here. And now I heard that she lied about her address on the Visa application.

Just an fyi, I doubt funds for the sale of a home were wired via Western Union. I sell real estate, it's done electronically via the FED. And if the mother did want to wire money to them it would have been bank to bank. Follow the money trail, the Western Union wire information is interesting.

There were two Western Union wires shown, one for $9.99, a send fee, and the other for $100, both on 10/30/15. The balance in the account was $63,735.36. Farook lived at home with his mother until 2013 or 2014, he may have saved that money. I worked with a Pakastani guy who lived with his parents and he saved all his paychecks, he didn't have to pay for anything. In fact he would have four or five paychecks in his wallet that he hadn't even cashed!

38 phone calls regarding bringing chicken to the pot luck???????

Reading above I see that I'm not the only one who thinks 38 "chicken calls" is a bit excessive, except for the ladies who would discuss it to death.

It sounds like they just questioned him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona