CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think they are pretty confident that the remains are dormer....
its not exactly all over the news that the cops in san bernadino are all over the place still looking for dormer. is there? is there news that they are still searching for dormer?

no thats just it i agree w/ you imo i think the problem comes from high up - the leadership and the pressure it puts these poor cops in these situations and they will have to pay the consequences- i think that as to change - even more than what was done in the rampart scandal cuz that just scratched the service

All police depts have leadership and "pressure" from their superiors, it's part of the dynamic and part of the job. It's more like the pressure of worrying about whether you will make it back home alive today that will set you on edge. And the extraordinary events that surrounded the paper carrier truck shooting and surfer truck shooting is not malicious it is an accident. These cops are still human. I would love to see how some of these people that criticize so harshly see how they would handle themselves on the force. They'd wind up in a little ball crying more than likely and they would be more trigger happy then the cops in LA in attempts to safe their life if it came down to it. Mistakes happen, that is life. I am sure everything possible will be done to make up for the hardship put on the victims and protocols will be looked into.

Thank you. I will pray for this man, as well as all the families involved. I believe he just had too many things go wrong in his life, more than he could deal with, and he broke.

I also believe LE should be held to a higher standard, and when they don't live up to it, there should be equal consequences. If the killing of a policman is automatically worthy of the death penalty, because of who they are, then they should be held equally accountable when they make "mistakes".

In my opinion

My thought on this... these men and women are under extreme stress everyday but yes they have chosen this job and should be held accountable when mistakes are made. That just does not equal someone who shoots a person of authority such as a police officer. jmo

Thank you. Some one that has actually taken the time to think about what LE goes through instead just assuming they are trigger happy idiots that are giddy and want to capture the bad guy first. Lol. Life isn't a movie. That's not how they act when you're being hunted. People are incredibly cruel to these people that everyday go to work to make the city a safer place. It makes me sick

http://www.californiacrimeupdate.com/2013/02/09/more-details-from-vehicle-shootings-in-torrance/

More Details from Vehicle Shootings in Torrance

Details from Los Angeles Police Shootings

This was on the chatbox this morning.

Feb 13 : 05:17am
From: San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department Press Release

UPDATE: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 – 11:00 p.m.
Investigators have located charred human remains within the debris of the burned out cabin. Identification will be attempted through forensic means.

Dorner manhunt: Charred human remains found in burned cabin

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...rred-human-remains-found-in-burned-cabin.html

Charred human remains have been found in the burned cabin where police believe fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner was holed up after trading gunfire with law enforcement, authorities said. ...............

On Tuesday morning, two maids entered a cabin in the 1200 block of Club View Drive and ran into a man who they said resembled the fugitive, a law enforcement official said. The cabin was not far from where Dorner's singed truck had been found and where police had been holding news conferences about the manhunt.

The man tied up the maids, and he took off in a purple Nissan parked near the cabin, the official said. About 12:20 p.m., one of the maids broke free and called police.

Nearly half an hour later, officers with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife spotted the stolen vehicle and called for backup, authorities said. The suspect turned down a side road in an attempt to elude the officers but crashed the vehicle, police said.

A short time later, authorities said, the suspect carjacked a light-colored pickup truck. Allan Laframboise said the truck belonged to his friend. Rick Heltebrake, who works at a nearby Boy Scout camp.

Heltebrake was driving on Glass Road with his Dalmatian, Suni, when a hulking African American man stepped into the road, Laframboise said. Heltebrake stopped. The man told him to get out of the truck.

"Can I take my dog?" Heltebrake asked, according to his friend.

"You can leave and you can take your dog," the man reportedly said. He then sped off in the Dodge extended-cab pickup -- and quickly encountered two Department of Fish and Wildlife trucks, officials said.

As the suspect zoomed past the officers, he rolled down his window and fired about 15 to 20 rounds, authorities said. One of the officers jumped out and shot a high-powered rifle at the fleeing pickup, they said, and the suspect abandoned the vehicle and took off on foot.

Police said he ended up at the Seven Oaks Mountain Cabins, a cluster of wood-frame buildings about halfway between Big Bear Lake and Yucaipa. The suspect exchanged gunfire with San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies as he fled into a cabin that locals described as a single-story, multi-room structure.............more at link......

This made me cry all over again. :please:
Unbelievable. After seeing the video today of them dragging one of the injured cops out...
This just hammers it home... in a hail of hundreds of bullets.
It really is amazing that there were not more officers killed. :twocents:

Article with Video:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57569058/cbs-reporter-caught-near-gun-battle-with-ex-cop/

Here is a youtube version that has almost all of it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoA6Gdx2M54

This is the CBS broadcast, with the open line to the reporter who was in the middle of it.
The text at the top is a link.

Reporter records gunfight in Dorner capture effort - CBS News Video

Wow this is crazy! I did not know Dorner had silencers on his guns so LE did not even know when he was shooting or where the fire was coming from. Now that is one sick b******d!!! To those saying last night that LE need better training etc, well there's your answer to why two were shot and why there was a gunfight. And hopefully a lesson to not judge before you know the facts. It was heartbreaking to hear one of the officers shout "guys down!". The reporter said the 2 shot were the first on the scene and they could not be reached for a while because of the gunfight Dorner started. I can not imagine laying their injured in a gun fight, absolutely terrifying. I know the surviving officer will probably have PTSD after this. It is terrifying to be in a field with multiple hunters during dove season with all the shooting much less a gunfight targeted at you and you're injured and helpless in harms way.

I'm sure there are many of us that were wronged by our employers at one time or other. Why are cops any different than any other profession?

Maybe they take it so personally because their jobs are also their lives. If your off duty you're still a cop and still have to abide by your duties. Also because the job comes with such risk to life they probably feel more angry when they are done wrong. It's not just like well I sat in this chair and did work for 20 years and I've been wronged and how you would react. They've bled, sweat, missed sleep and family time and lost loved ones for this job. No normal career. Then add on all the stress the job entails. I could see it being more serious than other jobs when they are wronged. Also a lot of cops are a type A personality and react a certain way.

Have we found out any more about the perp?

Were his only jobs the Reserve he was just discharged from and the old LAPD position?

Was there ever any hint at mental illness or did losing his jobs send him over the edge?

Guess I'm still trying to figure out how his mind went so terribly, terribly wrong.

Attention Please!

Let's not start bashing LE saying they killed the guy. From all reports, he MAY HAVE committed suicide. UNTIL and IF there's ANY PROOF whatsoever that contradicts this, then it can be discussed.

Until then, LE was doing a VERY DANGEROUS JOB, trying to capture a KNOWN FUGITIVE wanted for MULTIPLE MURDERS!

fran

BBM and bumping.

Maybe they take it so personally because their jobs are also their lives. If your off duty you're still a cop and still have to abide by your duties. Also because the job comes with such risk to life they probably feel more angry when they are done wrong. It's not just like well I sat in this chair and did work for 20 years and I've been wronged and how you would react. They've bled, sweat, missed sleep and family time and lost loved ones for this job. No normal career. Then add on all the stress the job entails. I could see it being more serious than other jobs when they are wronged. Also a lot of cops are a type A personality and react a certain way.

I would add that not only is it the LEO"s job to keep the public safe but they have the added weight of being intentionally targeted all the time. So they are in danger as they are supposed to keep public safe. I don't envy them a bit . I've got family members that are LEO with young kids and their wives live a daily roller coaster of panic. Not a nice spot.

ETA ,,, I can see that people think police are always butting into people's lives and from a glance that seems true. But they are ' enforcing laws' that they did not create, write, pass or promote. So if you have a problem with the " LAWS" you have to take it up with congress !

I agree and while there are a couple other jobs that fit, they are not the topic of this thread. imo

Heltebrake was driving on Glass Road with his Dalmatian, Suni, when a hulking African American man stepped into the road, Laframboise said. Heltebrake stopped. The man told him to get out of the truck.

Anyone else surprised this guy stopped and let the suspect approach his car?

Guess maybe if he was standing in the road pointing a gun directly at the driver, that would force someone to stop but otherwise heck no, a car is a weapon too. Maybe the folks in Big Bear weren't concerned about the lunatic being on the loose anymore?

Anyone else surprised this guy stopped and let the suspect approach his car?

Guess maybe if he was standing in the road pointing a gun directly at the driver, that would force someone to stop but otherwise heck no, a car is a weapon too. Maybe the folks in Big Bear weren't concerned about the lunatic being on the loose anymore?

I give victims tons of slack. He was probably surprised, shocked, scared, trying to process what he was seeing.

Foxnews just says that Dorners' california drivers license was ON the body found in the cabin. Which is actually weird since the body is charred? DL's can survive a fire?

Foxnews just says that Dorners' california drivers license was ON the body found in the cabin. Which is actually weird since the body is charred? DL's can survive a fire?

That is odd, don't know if a driver's license can survive a fire or not. Mine sure does not look like it could! One survived the washing machine one though, lol.

I would have thought he would have on his dog tags, unless in his paranoia he thought they would make noise or in some way give his position away.

It would seem possible, especially if it was contained in a good quality leather wallet. I'm not saying the DL would be preserved in any good condition, just possibly identifiable.

Did any of the scanner peeps hear the recording that is hitting youtube just now?
It is just over five minutes long and you can hear the officers talk about deploying burners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB