CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the videographer has gone to police and shared everything he knows. It really isn't fair to implicate JG if she really wasn't involved. (modsnip)

JMO

I agree! I also can't envision two people standing there bundling up whatever it was - I would think they'd have that all done in advance and do things very quickly for that exact reason - to escape detection.

If this witness was a hoax, someone is trying to directly cause JG problems. Who would do that? Someone jealous of the couple?

Sorry this is a little long, doing a kind of mass catch-up because I couldn't keep up:

Oh my, it's over 10 minutes of non-stop talking, but briefly:

He's a reporter who got a phone tip from someone who saw someone on that bridge with a "bundle" in the middle of the night on "the night in question".

He walked 2 miles (?) down the creek, checking every nook and cranny.

... and if I might add, messing the possible piece of evidence he ran across, at least from what I saw. Not the best idea. He was also explaining how hard it'd be to search under and around everything because of all the little hidden areas created by the creek that might be under heavy brush, thorny berry bushes, etc. I think his main point was that they needed to look IN the water, not from the banks. I remember reading a story early on (still trying to re-find the link, hopefully I can find it) that people were searching via kayak, so I think they did have water searches at some point. I agree with his point, but not how he went about reporting it.

I must say the water is rushing there way more than I expected given our current drought.

Did he say how far that is from MG's trailer? If close, it could very well have happened. I think wherever she is was readily accessible to MG.

He didn't say but from what I can find in Google maps I think it's very close. My best guess is it's around 15-16 miles from the trailer - only 11 or so from the Happy Stop Market.

General reply to several posts about 3am laundry - maybe they work weird hours, or had insomnia and figured might's well do laundry. Or maybe they can't deal with the heat during the day. Especially for people who don't understand how it feels when it's over 100 degrees outside, especially if you don't deal well with heat, you do chores and stuff at very odd hours sometimes.

He was basically living in a homeless situation akin to living in a tent or car. It really is hard to believe she didn't know it, I agree. But what is even harder for me to believe is that she willingly left the baby with him overnight.

There is a key piece of this we're not being told and it may be tied to why the Sheriff is refusing to identify the deceased carjacker.

JMO

JMO but I feel like he was probably homeless or nearly homeless, and getting this trailer was an upgrade in terms of living conditions. JG is SO young, she might've been thinking "yay we've got our own place!" (pure speculation) I also agree there's something missing keeping them from saying 100% for sure it was him. I think it's also very odd how LE is kind of trashing the judge - even if they disagree I would think they'd try to make it sound neutral. I'm sure they disagree with each other, but I'm surprised they'd speak out about it.

Jenny Espino ‏@jennyespino_RS 2m2 minutes ago
Write-up from Dunsmuir will be on http://Redding.com in few mins. Headed back 2 office. Thanx 4 following #BabyEmber story as it unfolds

I just hope the videographer still followed up with LE to make sure the witness did notify LE. It is such a specific tip it shouldn't be ignored.

I agree that it shouldn't be ignored. I just don't know how valid it is.

I Googled the website listed in the description. They seem to be some sort of local activists. Some of their stories are interesting but some stuff is a little weird.

I Googled the website listed in the description. They seem to be some sort of local activists. Some of their stories are interesting but some stuff is a little weird.

Agreed. It is a little too rogue for me to put faith in it. Although I commend hi effort in the creek I too worry about if there was actually evidence of some sort -I am one of those the think that sort of searching should be left to the professionals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

What kind of activist? I'm trying to figure out why a witness picked him to contact in the first place. Especially if the tip also was called in to LE. What does this activist add that isn't available by going directly to LE?

I am so sorry to post this, please forgive me.

But if poor Ember was left out in the open (as opposed to being in the water/buried) wouldn't there be some evidence of vultures/buzzards (thinking of Hannah Graham's case), especially with the temperatures the first week she was missing?

My heart goes out to both families. There are so many losses here. It is a tragedy. I cannot begin to imagine what they are going through right now. They not only have lost a precious baby, but the person responsible was someone they love, and they have lost him too. Drug abuser or not, MG was loved and he loved his wife and family, including his children, one of whom will grow up without a Dad, and without his little sister. They are all victims of his addiction.

Drug abuse dimmed MG's love to darkness, and resulted in terrible choices and actions. Addiction steals away the real person. The real MG did not do these things. His family loves the real MG, the previously and potentially drug free MG, and that is the person they are mourning, along with baby Ember. May they eventually find comfort and peace.

And may they find baby Ember soon.

He didn't grow up that way it seems. His mother was a cop. The fact that he lived this way spoke volumes about the kind of person he was.

I don't know that his mom being a cop means he did not grow up like that . I'm respectfully "possibly" disagreeing because I totally admire you , gitana ! But I know when I watch hoarders, for example, very many of the people on that show look like clean, middle class, respectable people to the outside world and often their family and colleagues are surprised to know they live like that. Not always the case, but sometimes. So just because his mother was gainfully employed doesn't remove her household from being messy. No offense to his mother because I have no idea, just thinking out loud. I've seen it said many times that his mom is a cop so he could not have grown up living in filth. I have a neighbor who worked a 100k a year job for a very well known company and kept her house so dirty , I would not eat dinner with her because I was afraid of her dishes . You just never do know who doesn't like to keep a house clean.

I am so sorry to post this, please forgive me.

But if poor Ember was left out in the open (as opposed to being in the water/buried) wouldn't there be some evidence of vultures/buzzards (thinking of Hannah Graham's case), especially with the temperatures the first week she was missing?

I know what you mean, I hate posting this too, but maybe there was vulture etc. activity that just wasn't reported? I can see that happening for a lot of different reasons.

Perhaps so, but hasn't he heard LE saying over and over again NOT to TOUCH possible evidence, but to call LE and take them to it?

Exactly, even if he did turn it in he certainly spent a lot of time handling it beforehand. Who knows, may not matter, but that bothered me.

Alright it took me almost 40 minutes to catch up, but I like to be sure to read everything. So, here are my thoughts...

- this is really sad.
- Ember is still missing, and now Matthew is gone and so are all the definite answers.
- Ember's mom is only 19 and has suffered through so much. I hope she has counseling available and takes advantage of it.. that poor child (sorry but two of my kids are older than she is and they're certainly still children.. I don't' mean any disrespect, not taking any responsibility from her, just saying that she's still got so much more life to live and experience to gather and now so much more healing to do, it just makes my mom-heart break for her).
- Matthew's loved ones are surely hurting doubly because they have lost him AND little Ember now, and that's sad no matter what else happened. It wasn't their fault, and now they have healing to do as well.
- Seriously, Ember is still missing, what now?? We have way more work to do now than ever here at websleuths IMO. If the cousin's girlfriend REALLY saw Ember after he got back from Happy Stop, then that means he had way more time to (sorry for this) dispose of her body, because he didn't report her missing until 5am the following day. We probably need to figure out how many hours, how far he could've gone to get back in time, and figure the radius for that and note it on the map if possible. *sigh* this just sucks plain and simple. It would be easier if she DIDN"T see ember at that time.

i think so but im not sure.

Sadly, no. Here's the info from the sheriff's investigation:

Matthew was keeping Ember in an approximate 25 foot camp trailer on the Noosha Ln property. The trailer has no running water or working bathroom. The sewage from the main residence flows into a cesspool and the property is covered in garbage and old vehicles.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/dads-inconsistencies-revealed

FWIW, I believe LE's assessment over anything said by friends or family. It really does sound like a hell hole.

i know you arent supposed to touch things but i would surmise the water washed away teh "evidence" that was on it.

Exactly, even if he did turn it in he certainly spent a lot of time handling it beforehand. Who knows, may not matter, but that bothered me.

i thought she was asking if the cousin and his gf had toilet and water. i knew MG didnt. im not sure if the other trailer did.

Sadly, no. Here's the info from the sheriff's investigation:

Matthew was keeping Ember in an approximate 25 foot camp trailer on the Noosha Ln property. The trailer has no running water or working bathroom. The sewage from the main residence flows into a cesspool and the property is covered in garbage and old vehicles.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/dads-inconsistencies-revealed

FWIW, I believe LE's assessment over anything said by friends or family. It really does sound like a hell hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname