GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's been established that his Jeep was dark blue/green/black. Additionally, in pictures I've seen it is not at all "modded"

That's what I'm confused about because I heard at the beginning his Jeep was green with a picture of his green Jeep in the parking lot of a restaurant months earlier.

But on the arrest warrant, his Jeep is describe as maroon.

http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

Line: 60.

Here's my opinion:
She did not help, but she did try to cover it up. She hates her husband right now for ruining their lives. However, she is confident that he will exonerate her on behalf of their child.

Evidence may or may not exonerate her, I doubt his word has much value, jmo. Even a confession has to match the facts.
As far as pregnancy, I find it hard to believe they cannot determine if she was in fact, pregnant.

Investigators were still waiting for results to determine if the 19-year-old was pregnant or not.
If she was, under California law, it is feasible to add a murder charge for the death of the baby if it was a "viable" fetus, capable of living outside the womb without the mother, said Philip Drucker, a law professor at the California Desert Trial Academy in Indio.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/loca...researched-how-to-dispose-of-a-body/14334397/

That's what I'm confused about because I heard at the beginning his Jeep was green with a picture of his green Jeep in the parking lot of a restaurant months earlier.

But on the arrest warrant, his Jeep is describe as maroon.

http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

Line: 60.

I seem to recall that NL also owned a Jeep, so two Jeeps in the family (correct me if I am wrong on this). Perhaps it was hers that he took out for the day?

Here's my opinion:
She did not help, but she did try to cover it up. She hates her husband right now for ruining their lives. However, she is confident that he will exonerate her on behalf of their child.

Here's my opinion:

She probably wants him to get out so she can turn around and divorce his sorry butt and slap him with alimony and child support asap. He's no good for either if he's behind bars.

According to the arrest warrant, Corwin was last seen at 7 a.m. and Corwin and Lee were together that morning. Investigators believe Lee picked Corwin up where her 2013 blue Toyota Corolla was found outside the base's back Condor Gate. Tire impressions consistent with his 1997 maroon Jeep Cherokee were found there.
Lee is an ex-Marine, originally from Anchorage, Alaska, who lived next to the Corwin couple at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms.
On July 21, The Desert Sun obtained court documents revealing that detectives believed Lee and Corwin were having an affair, and that Lee may have been the father of her possible unborn child.
According to these court documents, Corwin was scheduled to join Lee on a hunting trip on the day she disappeared.
Corwin told a friend that the trip was a "special day
together," planned to celebrate the fact that she was pregnant. However, detectives believed that Lee was afraid his wife would discover the affair.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/loca...researched-how-to-dispose-of-a-body/14334397/

I have been wondering the same thing. Google hasn't been much help as a lot of the info contradicts each other. Maybe someone that has knowledge of this and wouldn't have to use Google will chime in. ;)
You really want to know?
Postmortem fetal extrusion, coffin birth.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffin_birth

"The decomposed body of Erin Corwin was pulled from an abandoned mine shaft, where her remains were discovered 140-feet down by investigators on Saturday."
http://www.examiner.com/article/eri...ed-until-autopsy-camera-finds-decomposed-body

LORE HEAVILIN, ERIN`S MOTHER: I don`t really know where they`re coming up with three months, because the pregnancy was just confirmed
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/22/ijvm.01.html

If she was 3 wks, that wouldn't happen. 3 months it probably would. Remember the uterus increases in size as well. They can tell by the vasculature if the body isnt too decomposed.

All posts are MOO

Evidence may or may not exonerate her, I doubt his word has much value, jmo. Even a confession has to match the facts.
As far as pregnancy, I find it hard to believe they cannot determine if she was in fact, pregnant.

It's been 15 yrs since I had to remember how that all works but I think they test for the presence of certain elevated hormones and that can determine pregnancy. If the hormones are present perhaps that is the key

Here's my opinion:

If she's thinking his word is worth 2 bucks I want to sell her something. If she was somehow involved, I want her punished.

California is a partial-coverage unborn victim state.

California: California Penal Code § 187(a) says, “Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.” The words “or a fetus” were added by the legislature in 1970. The California Supreme Court later interpreted “fetus” to apply “beyond the embryonic stage of seven to eight weeks.” (People v. Davis, 1994) In addition, Penal Code § 190.2(3) makes a defendant eligible for capital punishment if convicted of more than one murder, and the California Supreme Court ruled that fetal homicide is included under this provision as well (People v. Dennis, 1998).

http://www.nrlc.org/federal/unbornvictims/statehomicidelaws092302/

So it's going to depend on the age of the fetus. Some news reports keep saying 3 weeks, others say 3 months. If it's 3 months, Lee can be charged with a second murder charge.

She probably wants him to get out so she can turn around and divorce his sorry butt and slap him with alimony and child support asap. He's no good for either if he's behind bars.

Well, she will not get much of his 25 cent per hour job. He is no good to anyone at this point.

It's been 15 yrs since I had to remember how that all works but I think they test for the presence of certain elevated hormones and that can determine pregnancy. If the hormones are present perhaps that is the key

It's called a Beta-HCG test. It's not very reliable in "Dating" a pregnancy though. It would tell you that she was pregnant though, given enough of it left in her system. (by "enough", I mean that they are serum protein molecules and decomposition can theoretically destroy the integrity of their molecular structure, no other meanings were implied)

I used to drive a boyfriend's 1998 Jeep Cherokee and it looked just like that (only we didn't have the big tires)

ETA: although relooking at the one in the video (paused), that one seems older to me

OMG ~ It certainly looks like him, and LE DID say she was found in an area that CL was familiar with. This guy is also driving the SAME maroon color jeep??? I am not good at all with makes and models of vehicles....

Can someone with knowledge of what a Jeep Cherokee (1997) looks like take a look at this video and tell us if it is a jeep Cherokee? TIA
Start at around 5:00

Did J. Corwin know that Erin was pregnant?

Again, if I remember correctly, he found out on Father's Day that Erin was pregnant. Again that is my memory - which is not 100 percent reliable.

I agree. This group also posted EC updates on their FB site, and I think comments would have read differently if he was a member of their group. JMO.

I don't think it's necessary to contact the sheriff's office over that video. It was taken in 2012 and the haircut and facial hair are not Marine Corps approved, so highly unlikely it is CL. The video was made by a group of offroad enthusiasts doing recon before their actual trip planned for fall of that year.

anyone have that photo of CLs license plate from the restaurant parking lot handy (long shot)?

I seem to recall that NL also owned a Jeep, so two Jeeps in the family (correct me if I am wrong on this). Perhaps it was hers that he took out for the day?

That could very well be. Now that you mention it, I did hear there were two Jeeps in the family. That would make sense. Thanks.

I may have my facts all wrong since I have not read every post, but I thought I had read that Erin had had a previous affair. Again, I could have things all mixed up.

Not that we are aware of....so far it's just the one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I believe that information came from IM, I will try to find a link. However, I checked, and the license plate # from the search warrant early in July and the license plate # for the jeep in the recent arrest warrant match.

GHP564

That could very well be. Now that you mention it, I did hear there were two Jeeps in the family. That would make sense. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg