Identified! CA - Isleton, Fem Skeletal 627UFCA, 30-50, blue 'Delta Fire' hoodie, Mar'08 - Shannon Vielguth (aka Judkins, Hutchings and Joyce)

Here is the coroner's page for her. Link in the thread is bad

Missing, Murdered And Unidentified Grateful Dead Fans By David Lohr
One died in a car accident. One was murdered and dumped in a ditch. Seven are missing, with their current whereabouts unknown.

One commonality links them -- the psychedelic rock band the Grateful Dead.

The mutual interest in the band is a connection that was made by Todd Matthews, national director of the National Missing & Unidentified Persons System (NamUs).

Matthews has compiled a listing of the cases at the "Unsolved Grateful Dead Fans" website.

Date Found: March 29, 2008 Sacramento California
Lots of photos here of the jacket; necklace. Someone may want to grab them to copy them here

Hi all,

I have been posting about this case on another board.

Using MySpace I located the Delta Fire Crew # 5. I sent a message to the person who mentioned it in a post at the CCC (California Conservation Corp.) MySpace web-site. He got back to me and sent me his phone number. I called him and confirmed that this sweatshirt was in fact from his fire crew. It was made in 2004, and only 20 or so were made. In fact he was wearing his when I called him, and he was the person who picked them up from the silk screeners. He also gave me a second person and phone number to contact.

At that point I gave myself 48 hrs to decide how to proceed. I decided that as only a small number were produced and anyone who got one was a potential suspect that the best course of action was to contact the Sacramento County Sheriff's office homicide division. I did so and after a few days of phone tag was able to give the homicide detective in change of this case the information about the sweatshirt as well as the names and contact phone numbers.

I am now trying to find out about the "Grateful Dead' jacket.

I did a blog entry for it and have posted my message on a number of Grateful Dead fan sites and pages.

You can see the blog entry by going to my MySpace page:
http://myspace.com/maelstrom5

Yours
Peter

What did they find out about the shirt or was it a dead end?

Doe Net has added a new facial reconstruction for this UID:

The Doe Network:
Case File 627UFCA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/627ufca.html
(No NamUs Casefile)

627UFCA5.jpg

Unlike the previous recon, this one gives a view of her front teeth.

When I ran my screen again, this woman looks like a pretty good possible.

Jonne Ann Boe
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boe_jonne.html

2695042210045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
627UFCA5.jpg

Her teeth look quite similar. Although her left lateral incisor doesn't appear as pointy, the lateral incisors do have a similar tilt (inward at the top). She also has the same facial shape, particularly with the wide temples and wide cheekbones.

And BTW, the vital stats, and timeframe are consistent. However, the distance from Cathedral City CA and Isleton CA is about 475 miles.

But the interesting thing about this is the bit in her Charley profile that her nickname is "Frog".

The UID's DoeNet page indicates that among the jewelry items found was a "beaded necklace with a crouching frog".

Did anyone get back to you on her?
She really needs to be entered in NamUs so that they try to find family to get DNA.

Alice Lopez's NamUs Casefile (MP 1272) is now classified as "FOUND".
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1272/0

But this UID's NamUs casefile is still open,
https://identifyus.org/cases/2360

Weird that the NamUs file is gone; yet all of the other pages are still up. Does anyone remember who her case worker was?
Sad that they have all these images of the JD but none are on her NamUs profile. I'll ask Todd if he can upload them

Rule outs, as of today, per namus:
Michelle Benjamin
Tina D'Ambrosio
Bonnie Kelly
Sherry Milton
Patricia Schmidt
Bettina Scott
Tiffany Sessions
Tiffany Sessions
Billie Willard
Billie Willard
Billie Willard
Rachel Yates

Did anyone Check with the Fire Crew to see if any of them broke up with anyone at that time? It seems to me that if the hoodie didn't originally belong to her then it could had been a boyfriends. Since something like that probably wouldn't had been given to a thrift store so easily within the same year they got it since the Jane Doe was estimated to die within that year.. I mean it kind of reminds me of how my cousin would wear her Bf's hoodies even though the things on it were specifically for him like for example his senior hoodie. The same could had been the same for the Jane Doe.

What about Sherry Jean Pickles as a possible? Her Age progression picture looks similar to the Jane Doe. She's in the higher age range though if it is her. It says on her Doe page that she maybe a possible victim, so it may not be her.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1099dfca.html

I'm also still wondering about the Fire Crew sweatshirt as well. Does anyone have any new information?

Also, this is frustrating to get more information about Jane Doe's clothing. I can't seem to find one website that allows you to zoom in on the jewelry/clothing. All of the old links from 2008 are broken.

I did have a thought while researching...and this is a small detail, but...Jane Doe's underwear was a size 8, large, in fruit of the loom. I am a pretty curvy woman and I wear size 7 (too much information? :). It makes me think that the woman must have been curvy, eating fairly well - not indicative of someone with a pretty intense heroin addiction or living on the streets. I say this because I have felt that our Jane Doe is Bridget Pendell Williamson for awhile, however, she is pretty petite from what I can see in photos.

That being said, if you are homeless...underwear is underwear. I'm grasping at straws here. Any other thoughts?

Detectives are pushing for more public help on this case. Here is a recent news video where LE are showing some of the evidence they have. In addition to the Grateful Dead jacket and the Delta Fire Crew shirt, they show a tiny sword/dagger shaped item (possibly had been attached to a necklace?), more of the 'hand-made' jewellrey, her hiking boots and a large Oakland Raiders blanket, (black with white graphics -- looks like fleece on the video).

http://www.kcra.com/video/28831153/detail.html

Here is a link to the you tube version of the video, in case the above link doesn't work:
http://youtu.be/VzzlqxlOj0U

The sword charm shown in the video looks kind of like a pirate sword to me.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 10.34.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 10.34.20 PM.png
    483.3 KB · Views: 70
Jonne has a Charley page too. But very scant on details here too.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boe_jonne.html

Perhaps she has an identifier (e.g., tattoo, birthmark, scar, etc.) on the arm or leg (unmentioned in Charley or NAMPN) that might have been the basis for the rule-out.

Usually the names on the NamUs rule-out lists are people who have NamUs MP casefiles. Maybe she has a NamUs casefile that set to non-public.

It looks like Jonne Boe was arrested in July 2002 in Indio, CA for "fraud to obtain aid" (welfare fraud). Would they have her DNA on file from that?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 10.42.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 10.42.52 PM.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 68
I knew this girl shani estes personaly befor she went missing and I believe this could very well be her . I am disturbed by the fact that not much was ever done about finding her . She was a very kind person .

I met a girl with a necklace like that. I thought she had red sweatshirt on. I thought she was Hispanic. I thought it was odd when she came up and showed me that her boyfriend bought her a frog necklace for her birthday. Never saw her again. Seems I would’ve checked Jill‘s gems. I thought she probably sold that Necklace. But this girl was a pretty girl. And was young. Saw her in the bar called the bird. Thought she was too young to be in there though. Could this have been your friend?

I profiled Shani Ann Estes at my website and suggested that she be looked at as a woman who died in a fire in San Francisco about a month after Shani disappeared. I'm not saying it's probable but if you knew Shani, please read my article and offer any feedback.

I knew this girl shani estes personaly befor she went missing and I believe this could very well be her . I am disturbed by the fact that not much was ever done about finding her . She was a very kind person .

Nice post. I wondered if Estes might have been #UP5963. I did some work on this UP tonight and considered Estes as the likeliest match in NamUs based on (1) date of UP's death vs. date of Estes' disappearance (2) proximity and (3) location of scar (the UP was said to have a scar on her abdomen while Estes was said to have a c-section scar but the exact location on the abdomen wasn't mentioned).

I wrote about what I think. If you had anything to add or spotted a reason to rule out then I'd be interested in hearing.

Here's another MP who I was looking at with regard to the Isleton Jane Doe:

Shani Ann Estes
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/estes_shani.html
Missing Person Case

estes_shani.jpg
627UFCA5.jpg

Aside from the fact that her vital stats and timeline match, her facial shape fits perfectly. If you superimpose the images, everything aligns perfectly.

I don't see anything else though that jumps out at me though. Isleton and Bakersfield are about 265 miles apart, on opposite ends of the San Joaquin Valley.

I wish I could see Shani's teeth.

I was looking for possible identities for this woman and one case stood out to me.

Bobette Fay Ulrich
Original

Missing from South Lake Tahoe, California on Feburary 8, 2003

This one depends on how strict the timeline is. If that jacket was really only produced after 2004 (Namus and Doe Network doesn't list that information so I'm not confident about it) then this theory falls apart. But what if the estimated PMI is off by about a year. It seems highly possible with such a lengthy period until discovery. If so then I think Bobette Ulrich of South Lake Tahoe might be the Jane Doe. I see a resemblance between the photo and the bust model, Bobette was, 5'5" which lands right in the middle of the estimated 5'3" to 5'8" height range, and Bobette was last seen by her boyfriend driving to the San Francisco Bay Area. On the way from South Lake Tahoe to San Francisco is Sacremento. So that all fits. The only thing that doesn't fit is the clothes. Bobette was last seen wearing a Red Ski Jacket and Black Ski Pants which is inconsistent with the Doe's Blue Sweatshirt and Jeans. What do you think? Could it be Bobette?

I'm also still wondering about the Fire Crew sweatshirt as well. Does anyone have any new information?

Also, this is frustrating to get more information about Jane Doe's clothing. I can't seem to find one website that allows you to zoom in on the jewelry/clothing. All of the old links from 2008 are broken.

I did have a thought while researching...and this is a small detail, but...Jane Doe's underwear was a size 8, large, in fruit of the loom. I am a pretty curvy woman and I wear size 7 (too much information? :). It makes me think that the woman must have been curvy, eating fairly well - not indicative of someone with a pretty intense heroin addiction or living on the streets. I say this because I have felt that our Jane Doe is Bridget Pendell Williamson for awhile, however, she is pretty petite from what I can see in photos.

That being said, if you are homeless...underwear is underwear. I'm grasping at straws here. Any other thoughts?

I noticed the sizes too. The jacket is also XL. Might not mean anything--maybe she just likes relaxed fit clothing. Or maybe as you said, you take what you can get.

Made a ton of bust enhancements this week, here's one for this poor lady

I was looking for possible identities for this woman and one case stood out to me.

Bobette Fay Ulrich
Original

Missing from South Lake Tahoe, California on Feburary 8, 2003

This one depends on how strict the timeline is. If that jacket was really only produced after 2004 (Namus and Doe Network doesn't list that information so I'm not confident about it) then this theory falls apart. But what if the estimated PMI is off by about a year. It seems highly possible with such a lengthy period until discovery. If so then I think Bobette Ulrich of South Lake Tahoe might be the Jane Doe. I see a resemblance between the photo and the bust model, Bobette was, 5'5" which lands right in the middle of the estimated 5'3" to 5'8" height range, and Bobette was last seen by her boyfriend driving to the San Francisco Bay Area. On the way from South Lake Tahoe to San Francisco is Sacremento. So that all fits. The only thing that doesn't fit is the clothes. Bobette was last seen wearing a Red Ski Jacket and Black Ski Pants which is inconsistent with the Doe's Blue Sweatshirt and Jeans. What do you think? Could it be Bobette?

This recon looks similar to Bobette, think it’s worth submitting.

34b6a91a-3f41-4352-939f-467fd1ee057b_1920x1080.jpg

Oct 30 2020 rbbm.
Investigator hoping for tip in Jane Doe case from 2008 | abc10.com
"The victim was probably killed at fall of 2004. So that put it at almost four years that the body had been there," Links said.''

''An autopsy of the remains showed the victim was a woman, between 25 and 35 years old. When she was found, she was fully clothed.

"She did have a Grateful Dead sweatshirt on. It was a cold time of year. Clearly, it was cold," Links reiterated.

The skeleton was also found wearing a River Delta Fire District sweatshirt. Surely this was a lead, Links thought.

"Did they have anybody that went missing? Someone who graduated or dropped out of their program? A female?" she asked.

''No leads came from that sweatshirt or the several pieces of jewelry found on the scene. They were able to get some DNA from the remains but no leads came from it. ''

"There’s just not enough information honestly. The DNA and genealogy is one of the ways hopefully we can figure out who she is," Links said.

If you know anything about this case, call 916-874-5057.''

I profiled Shani Ann Estes at my website and suggested that she be looked at as a woman who died in a fire in San Francisco about a month after Shani disappeared. I'm not saying it's probable but if you knew Shani, please read my article and offer any feedback.

OT- I noticed Shani didn't have her own thread here, so I just created one to discuss her case.

CA - Shani Ann Estes, 36, Bakersfield, 24 Nov 2005

Rule outs, as of today, per namus:
Michelle Benjamin
Tina D'Ambrosio
Bonnie Kelly
Sherry Milton
Patricia Schmidt
Bettina Scott
Tiffany Sessions
Tiffany Sessions
Billie Willard
Billie Willard
Billie Willard
Rachel Yates

Last time a r/o list was posted was 2016 - is anyone able to check for updated list? @MadMcGoo are you still online?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back