CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first set, he backed in (against a slope and got stuck). The graves ARE on a hill/slope.

His priority then was to get out of the mud and simply moved to a flatter spot, thus the 2n tracks., IMO

I see. Maybe you could offer more insight: Why did he choose February 4th to commit the crime?

That was a yahoo search for quickbooks online that was bookmarked, which is kinda weird if you ask me lol I don't normally bookmark "searches", although I bet I have a few that I bookmarked by accident LOL

He didn't log into Quickbooks at that time, not the Custom account or the Contact account, we have those logs from Hanke's testimony (see attached)
So what could he have been looking at? Possibly QuickBooks site, maybe looking for a helpline number to call to ask if anyone could have printed cheques on his account from another location.

So what could he have been looking at? Possibly QuickBooks site, maybe looking for a helpline number to call to ask if anyone could have printed cheques on his account from another location.

Anyone that hit that bookmark would be taken to the yahoo search engine page results. I suppose you could click a link from there, but we didn't hear much at all about Device 5. And if someone had actually gone to quickbooks online, I'm sure we would have heard about it, or we should have.

Why not? Just be honest and tell the truth. If Chase did commit the murder, then telling truth will not show that he didn't commit the murder. If Chase didn't murder the family, then telling truth can help find the murderers. Joey's brother Mike had put Chase Merritt's full name out in the front, as well as the fact that he owned a white truck, during the March 2010 interview with EquuSearch reporter Tim Miller. It was only weeks after the disappearance. No one knew the family were dead. No one, not even Patrick, had suspected Chase Merritt (except perhaps Mike):

I don't see it being possible for the victim's family to keep emotion out of testimony but I guess it depends on the types of questions and the duration of time.

Joey's first ping in Rancho 12.52 pm.

Chase to detectives:

"Yeah. Cos he he, he called me and said um ‘what do you want to eat?’ ‘n I said I like Chick-fil-A and just like that he told me where the Starbucks was told him where it was and I, I got there, I went over and got a Starbucks coffee and then went to Chick-fil-A. Ten minutes later, he, Joseph got there."

Chase was on the phone making 13 calls between 12.52 pm and 1.01 pm at the time he said Joey arrived and he was waiting for him. OS sets out all the call times:

After the 12.52 phone call to the defendant, between 12.52 and 1.01, there are 13 frantic phone calls, primarily from the defendant to his, who he called his wife, who was actually his girlfriend Catherine Jarvis, she lived with him there in Rancho Cucamonga. And if you’ll notice there’s a call at 12.52, 12.54 another one at 12.54, 12.55, 12.56, 12.57 another one at 12.57, 12.58, 12.59, finally she calls him back at 1.00, that’s all in a period of nine minutes.

After listening to Boles testimony, I am convinced that what we think should be logical when it comes to these cell phones and cell records should be clear and easy, but I just don't think it's as simple as saying "this one is closer so it should hit off of that". Time of day, how busy towers are, the height of the tower, elevation, etc. I have looked and the tower location (Miliken Ave?) that both Joey's and Chase's cell phones hit was an a hospital or medical center, as discussed in Boles testimony, different cell companies will typically have a tower in the same location if it's considered "prime location"

McGee used these call times as an example ... and I was able to go back and look at the maps that we did get to "see" from Boles.

On Feb 3rd at 8:49am, Chase hit a tower off of I15.
On Feb 4th at 11:58, Joey hit a tower in the same location.

Both had towers that 'appear' to be much closer, and it would seem logical that they should have hit one closer. In testimony that we heard but could not see, McGee showed a picture of those towers. It is most likely because of the elevation of that area. I have attached snips from the relevant times.

It is also my opinion that Chase and Cathy had the worst phone service ever, or phones or something, any of the call records that I have been able to see, this dropping of calls and short duration of calls happened all the time.

All JMO

Attachments

• tower location Feb 3 Chase 849am.JPG
    tower location Feb 3 Chase 849am.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 6
  • tower location Feb 4 joey 1158.JPG
    tower location Feb 4 joey 1158.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 6
Most likely because Joey knew CM very well, and knew CM wasn't just going to let this go without trying to manipulate him like he had done in the past when things did not go well..

I dont know if Joey even knew he was coming. I'm sure they didn't keep their doors locked during the day so CM could have just walked in without any warning telling Joey he wanted to talk.

ETA: the more I think about it I think he just showed up catching them all off guard.

Imo he purposefully came when he knew they would all be home so he could murder them all at one time..

He premeditated it all thinking by doing so, the stealing from Joey he had done, would remain his own closely held secret,

Jmo

IMO, CM was standing right over Joey sitting at his desk. And Joey opened QuickBooks under threat.

Anyone that hit that bookmark would be taken to the yahoo search engine page results. I suppose you could click a link from there, but we didn't hear much at all about Device 5. And if someone had actually gone to quickbooks online, I'm sure we would have heard about it, or we should have.
My guess is it was a visited link which opens a bookmarked page, ie QuickBooks Online homepage.

My guess is it was a visited link which opens a bookmarked page, ie QuickBooks Online homepage.

I agree that quickbooks could be accessed this way, but I don't know why he would access it what way and not just bookmark the actual QB's online url. We don't have any evidence that says the actual www.quickbooks.intuit.com site was accessed, I would think that the prosecution would have shown that.

The title says Yahoo! Search results for quickbooks online

the URL Name begins with http://api.search.yahoo.com/websearchservice/rss/websearch.... ends with =quickbooks+online&adult_ok=1

I know which qualifies them as hostile witnesses, if the defense had to subpoena them. Perhaps 'adverse witness' is a more appropriate term. I can't imagine Dan being too co-operative.

I don't think the DT will tell the judge they want to declare the family members as hostile witnesses.

They will for DK though trying to project he has something to hide. That's a typical game the defense plays with the SODDI who's been selected as IT.

But as you say, they are really adversarial witnesses or unwilling witnesses that have been forced to testify for the defense.

I hope the state is allowed to ask each one if they wanted to testify for the defendant or were subpeoned, and had no choice in the matter.

Whatever, I believe all of the family members will be truthful, and honest.

The state would already know they were on the defense witness list so this way the state gets to ask leading questions.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member