Found Deceased CA - Lucas Horan, 39, Emeryville Marina, 24 Dec 2020

what we know — FINDING LUCAS

Found the older version of the site 28/12/2020 at 20:28:08 (original publication based on the page source) Unsure of if his "neighbour and friend" are two separate people or just a friend who is also a neighbour?

Odd to me that the immediate thought was "he went on an adventure (without his gear and wet)" rather than "he must have drowned or something went wrong". Theoretically, the last his family heard from him was "going out on a friends boat tonight" and then no word (as his phone was in his houseboat). I truly hope he did go on an adventure somehow.

Not sure how Covid is treated down there either but the homeless camp theory is a little strange to me too. Not a safe time to be making new friends.

MOO

Last edited:

Found the older version of the site 28/12/2020 at 20:28:08 (originally based on the page source) Unsure of if his "neighbour and friend" are two separate people or just a friend who is also a neighbour?

Odd to me that the immediate thought was "he went on an adventure (without his gear and wet)" rather than "he must have drowned or something went wrong". Theoretically, the last his family heard from him was "going out on a friends boat tonight" and then no word (as his phone was in his houseboat). I truly hope he did go on an adventure somehow.

Not sure how Covid is treated down there either but the homeless camp theory is a little strange to me too. Not a safe time to be making new friends.

MOO

I had same reaction to all the casual suppositions... been far enough down the rabbit hole I have forgotten at times why my first reaction was ‘man this is odd’

btw, what does MOO mean? Seeing it on here and do not know what this stands for

I had same reaction to all the casual suppositions... been far enough down the rabbit hole I have forgotten at times why my first reaction was ‘man this is odd’

btw, what does MOO mean? Seeing it on here and do not know what this stands for
I keep going so back and forth on this case, as it seems pretty cut and dry, but then I see that webpage again and it raises a million more questions in my head. MOO is my opinion only. MOO.

Perhaps he was a bit intoxicated (feeling warm and fuzzy) and 1 swim wasn’t enough and decided to go for another in which he did not return-maybe

This is quite possible based on the info shared here:

It is in the section, KK’s Side of the Story, so keep that in mind.
From page:
Meanwhile Lucas was supposedly at his house pot hanging out with his neighbor and chatting about life and such. We believe lucas was drinking and did smoke some pot that evening, but that Lucas was not incapacitated, although we do not know this and cannot confirm it. Knowing Lucas quite well, I know he’s a very capable and self aware human, and even when he has consumed alcohol or smoked pot, he still remains very much in control of his physical body. Further, Lucas has not been drinking hardly at all since I’ve gotten back together with him.

ways to help — FINDING LUCAS

The Ways to Help page to the link has been updated.

The detective covering the case has told us the number one most important thing we can do is get his face out and about in as many places as possible. Please consider posting a picture of Lucas on your social media feeds, your running/hiking/walking clubs or groups, your employee listservs or anything else that would allow you to share his face and our ask for help. If you have time, we would love your help in printing and posting Lucas posters on trails and in the communities where we might have traveled through.

Found the older version of the site 28/12/2020 at 20:28:08 (original publication based on the page source) Unsure of if his "neighbour and friend" are two separate people or just a friend who is also a neighbour?

MOO
Wishful thinking IMO. If he's "on an adventure", he's alive, no matter how wildly improbable that may be.

This is quite possible based on the info shared here:

It is in the section, KK’s Side of the Story, so keep that in mind.
could explain why the neighbor saw him exit the water but why he wasn’t seen on video camera elsewhere and why his wet clothes were never found.
Also thought about Laci Peterson, only in that she was dumped at a San Fran marina on Christmas Eve-she wasn’t found until mid April so if he is in the water then it could be a few months.

There are more than enough people, even upon a bit of internet research, who could be considered possible suspects if the body is found and there has been foul play. If it is a drowning then it is up to whatever law enforcement might find with text messages and information beyond what I’ve found. Given his ability to run hundreds of miles, and due to the unusual (to me/ most of North American culture, at least - which is not intended to be critical) social construct and connectedness of the ultramarathon community - you can’t exclude him having taken off on foot.

My hope, of course, is that the latter is all that is going on. Given the time sequence / duration at this point I tend to fear it is not. This has to be the closest to a Netflix docuseries playing out in real life that I’ve ever come across (though this is my first time I’ve ‘sleuthed’). and hopefully all turns out well and all my theories never are considered and no such media coverage ensues. The MSM rule on this site is important, because it would be easy to speculate on a random site and probably more consequential for a media outlet to do so responsibly. I wish there was a place I could discuss my theories, though... and hope law enforcement has been looking at all of this stuff. There’s a lot out there to consider if you start looking.

1. How does one build a meteor?

2. What’s the deal with the homeless encampment?

He obviously didn’t decide to go live among the homeless after she kicked him out of the car, as he hung out with his neighbor later that day.

3. Who kicks their boyfriend out of the car because of tension or “negative energy”?

4. Did something significant happen on Solano Avenue?

They argue. She pulls over and they both go for a walk to cool down but continue to text one another. They then decide to get back in the car and continue on with their errands, but KKP pulls over once again and kicks him out of the car.

5. What did his “gone for seven days” text mean and why wouldn’t she just ask what he meant by that?

Something stinks in suburbia.
I REALLY hope LE has taken a long and hard look at texts that were exchanged that day.

Greetings all, this is my first post, so please forgive my unfamiliarity.

I took a look into possible homeless encampments near the marina, and I came across this interesting tidbit. Date is of particular note.

That is, of course, it is interesting IMO.

Other Issue/Concern (this is a direct link to a complaint sent directly to the city of Emeryville)

He told her he needed to spend 7 days alone, so maybe that’s just what he’s doing? Obviously, the cold night swim, wet clothes and no phone are red flags, but maybe he just doesn’t want to be found by her right now.

In regards to him stating he needed to spend the next 7 days alone...
Is it possible, he never entered the water/took a swim?
Instead he went for a boat ride/spent evening with neighbor but taking the swim is more of a “story” they decided on to coverup him needing to leave & getaway?

OR is that just too far fetched??

His looks seem to change quite a bit. Does anyone know which picture most closely resembles how he’d look now? I’m particularly interested to know if his beard is partially grey.

There are many weird things about this story but this YouTube video has to be top five of things I’ve found and among the more suspicious. LH rarely uses his channel, never seems to have had another person featured, then he/ someone puts this up Dec 22 - two days before he disappears - either as random act or attempt to create suspicion or an impression on behalf of a potential suspect.

Hair is shorter than what it’s reported to be presently, raising question as to when filmed.

Sorry for reposting, but thought worth a look and some context.

Odd.

Yea, I’m just as confused on that. Honestly, I don’t even know where to start when trying to research what type of place they would have ‘built a meteor’ at??!

Regarding the "build a meteor". My understanding is meteor is synonymous with shooting star. I don't understand how someone would build a shooting star. Perhaps a model? Perhaps a meteorite model? This really stumps me.

Thank you. I saw someone today who somewhat looked like him but has much longer hair and a long beard. The beard had a pretty good amount of “salt and pepper”—-or grey streaks throughout. The person was out of place as far as the surroundings.... very rare to see pedestrians there. But it’s an area where I’d imaging someone of his description and interests might be. And around 70 miles from where he was last seen. I didn’t get a great look as I was driving by. I’m sure I’m only thinking it might be him bc I recently read this thread though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back