Found Deceased CA - Lucas Horan, 39, Emeryville Marina, 24 Dec 2020

In regards to him stating he needed to spend the next 7 days alone...
Is it possible, he never entered the water/took a swim?
Instead he went for a boat ride/spent evening with neighbor but taking the swim is more of a “story” they decided on to coverup him needing to leave & getaway?

OR is that just too far fetched??
Hey, anything’s possible. Maybe they didn’t expect her to actually report him missing to the police?

There are many weird things about this story but this YouTube video has to be top five of things I’ve found and among the more suspicious. LH rarely uses his channel, never seems to have had another person featured, then he/ someone puts this up Dec 22 - two days before he disappears - either as random act or attempt to create suspicion or an impression on behalf of a potential suspect.

Hair is shorter than what it’s reported to be presently, raising question as to when filmed.

Sorry for reposting, but thought worth a look and some context.

Odd.

I'm not sure what to make of that video. It seems it's out of the norm for him to post this. MOO

Last edited:
Regarding the "build a meteor". My understanding is meteor is synonymous with shooting star. I don't understand how someone would build a shooting star. Perhaps a model? Perhaps a meteorite model? This really stumps me.
I’ve read somewhere else that is was buy a meteor, like a small piece I assume as they’re quite expensive. A cursory glance at google shows no real place to do that in Sacramento. Again, maybe Lucas knew someone as a scientist, but worth mentioning they’re two very separate fields of science. MOO

Last edited:
Man missing after swimming near Emeryville Marina, police say

•last seen swimming from a boat along the shoreline near the Emeryville Marina.
•swimming in the shallow waters

Would ‘along the shoreline’ mean he was swimming parallel with the shoreline for a bit before climbing up the rocks?
I’m just trying to get an idea of where he is said to have jumped in & where he is said to have reached the rocks at...

upload_2021-1-3_22-8-56.jpeg
Did he swim to shore at the point near HK East Ocean Seafood place?

Am I missing something or are we the only people writing about this? Nothing in MSM, nothing on twitter for a few days ... when I google this is only site. Just wondering if others looking at this the way some of us (ie, with great confusion, suspicion) or if I’m missing posts about this elsewhere.

Man missing after swimming near Emeryville Marina, police say

•last seen swimming from a boat along the shoreline near the Emeryville Marina.
•swimming in the shallow waters

Would ‘along the shoreline’ mean he was swimming parallel with the shoreline for a bit before climbing up the rocks?
I’m just trying to get an idea of where he is said to have jumped in & where he is said to have reached the rocks at...

View attachment 278014
Did he swim to shore at the point near HK East Ocean Seafood place?

What we know webpage stated “at the top” (my guess is the “tip”) of the marina, then walked “down” past the Chinese restaurant and towards a homeless encampment” Unfortunately we haven’t been told anything from LE about where he swam from (where neighbours boat was situated). He swam from about 100-200 yards away. MOO

There are many weird things about this story but this YouTube video has to be top five of things I’ve found and among the more suspicious. LH rarely uses his channel, never seems to have had another person featured, then he/ someone puts this up Dec 22 - two days before he disappears - either as random act or attempt to create suspicion or an impression on behalf of a potential suspect.

Hair is shorter than what it’s reported to be presently, raising question as to when filmed.

Sorry for reposting, but thought worth a look and some context.

Odd.

This looks like it corresponds to a run he documented on Strava on Dec. 20 where there's a fast downhill segment called "Piping Rock Descent". MOO but I think this is pretty much how he looked on the week he disappeared.

Am I missing something or are we the only people writing about this? Nothing in MSM, nothing on twitter for a few days ... when I google this is only site. Just wondering if others looking at this the way some of us (ie, with great confusion, suspicion) or if I’m missing posts about this elsewhere.
I don’t see much in MSM, only an initial story by KTVU and ABC two days after he went missing. KKF created a private FB group & a lot of friends are posting about their search efforts there (along the coast & on trails). But in terms of questions being asked, I don’t see much. The family came to the Bay Area last week, so hopefully they are working with law enforcement & asking all the right questions.

For such an odd case, I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on it more. No follow up stories to the initial one's which had very little details. No word from law enforcement and the FB group has gone pretty quiet now too.

I’ve read somewhere else that is was buy a meteor, like a small piece I assume as they’re quite expensive. A cursory glance at google shows no real place to do that in Sacramento. Again, maybe Lucas knew someone as a scientist, but worth mentioning they’re two very separate fields of science. MOO
There's a place off of I-80 near Vacaville called "Rock Shop"...very well known.

Edit: Google Maps

Last edited:
You’re absolutely right. So glad we have some locals in the thread. It’s a little far out from Sacramento but I’d call that close enough IMO

It's a ways out there, but in terms of leaving the bay area to come to "The Valley" its virtually the same.

However, there is a place in Old Sac called "Ology"...which labels itself as a Metaphysical Supply Store. Strong possibility here too. They don't have their own website, so here's a yelp page.

Link: Ology - Old Sacramento - Sacramento, CA

It's a ways out there, but in terms of leaving the bay area to come to "The Valley" its virtually the same.

However, there is a place in Old Sac called "Ology"...which labels itself as a Metaphysical Supply Store. Strong possibility here too. They don't have their own website, so here's a yelp page.

Link: Ology - Old Sacramento - Sacramento, CA
I think the reason I missed these was because I figured this would be crystals and geode stuff, which is admittedly similar, maybe they have an “expert in meteors” on staff? MOO

So swimming in water with a temp. of 54F or lower can result in arrhythmia or hypothermia. Even him getting out of the water could still put him in danger. So his behavior after that could have been erratic.

I would say him just suddenly jumping in the water to go for a swim (without a cold water wetsuit!) sounds highly frantic to me.

So swimming in water with a temp. of 54F or lower can result in arrhythmia or hypothermia. Even him getting out of the water could still put him in danger. So his behavior after that could have been erratic.

I would say him just suddenly jumping in the water to go for a swim (without a cold water wetsuit!) sounds highly frantic to me.
Also, the distance is vague. The difference between 100-200 yards is quite large. Additionally, IMO, the appearance of the shore by the aforementioned "rocks" he climbed up would be very interesting to see at near low tide.

Also, the distance is vague. The difference between 100-200 yards is quite large. Additionally, IMO, the appearance of the shore by the aforementioned "rocks" he climbed up would be very interesting to see at near low tide.

Tide Predictions - NOAA Tides & Currents

Like I said earlier, I don’t know much about high/low tides, but was it considered “Low Tide” yet?
According to the chart:
Low Tide wasn’t until 1:35am

IF I’m reading it correctly.

Despite having grown up on a major lake where boating was a main event, I have no knowledge of boating or boating etiquette, so please help me understand. After you take your boat out for a cruise, don't you need to tie it back up and do "other things" once it's in the marina slip? It seems courteous if you are a guest on a boat to assist with that. It's possible Lucas said, "I'm training for this crazy race so I'm going to jump into this cold water with all of my clothes on and swim back to the dock. See ya later," but I feel like he would've helped his friend take care of the boat and wrap up for the night and then parted from there, even if he did swim back to shore. Let's suppose he's still in the mindset of needing to train for this crazy tough race and he decides to run in soaking wet clothes in the cool evening air. How far is he going to run? Why didn't he return? If hypothermia set in, where would his most likely run path be?

This case is odd. There are so many factors coming into play and it seems wild regardless of the angle you look at it from. I can see all of this playing out in a crazy way because ultra athletes are a unique breed and do wild things. I can also see this entire story being a complete 180 from what actually happened, for various reasons. While the easiest explanation is usually what happened, there are strange cases. I'm not sure where you even start in this case. There is so much to sift through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back