Found Deceased CA - Lucas Horan, 39, Emeryville Marina, 24 Dec 2020

Here is distance from marina to Costco

Edit: photo didn’t upload and can’t seem to delete this post. apologies. Was just map from emeryville marina which is 10 mins directly south all against coastline

when you say you have been following closely do you mean online etc or locally... and do you know that neighbors have been spoken too, etc. or is that a supposition like those like me are making from afar?

(for the avoidance of solution - this is not meant to be rude... just wondering if you have more info than the rest of us have)
No, I wish I had more info that could help. Just following online. I did search one of the trails they asked folks to search, but all comments are just my opinion.

Has anyone thought about the events/ plans for Christmas day?

Maybe Lucas was uncomfortable going to KKF ex-husbands house for Christmas.

Did Lucas's family not seem worried when he didn't show up for the family zoom call but KKF did?

Also according to KKF she planned to propose to Lucas at her ex-husbands. Which in general seems odd as he had already proposed. I would have thought with all their running adventures that there would have been lots of picturesque places for a proposal.

Unless they had a particularly close relationship with the ex-husband

How could he drown in 3ft of water?
stupid question...i know.

I suppose he could have hit some rocks.......
jmo. i'm puzzled.

ETA: she seems to be in charge of everything for the day..
Maybe he just wanted to go party w/the guys.

How could he drown in 3ft of water?
stupid question...i know.

I suppose he could have hit some rocks.......
jmo. i'm puzzled.

ETA: she seems to be in charge of everything for the day..
Maybe he just wanted to go party w/the guys.
Considering how close and as stated by the webpage "co-dependent" they were, I'm surprised she didn't worry when he didn't respond the next morning after being out on a boat and theoretically not texting her that night (phone in his own boat). She texted him on her way back while driving, seems they spoke even when it was illegal to do so. I understand these are grown adults but if my partner was out late on a pleasurecraft, didn't have his phone on the boat, and then missed a FAMILY engagement (unclear whose family they were calling, I've seen conflicting stories), I'd be at their house immediately.

Between "He should be up for the phone call at 8 but woops he missed it" to "He should be at my ex-husband's home at 2pm" he didn't respond to her for 6 hours and then didn't show up to go to the ex-husbands. (Note the site says "I assumed he would be at the house before our plans to go to ex-husbands at 2pm." (presumably her house as he lives on a boat)

But it gets even stranger because I noticed this while wondering what the plans were for Christmas morning? He "didn’t show up at 7am," to her house? So now he's been expected at her house for 7am and doesn't show up for 7 hours before she leaves to go do the plans (instead of checking in on him?)

MOO and amateur speculation.

Last edited:
I can only imagine. So far everything she has put out there is bizarre.
She seems to be quite the public figure in the community. Good that she can get so many people rallied behind her, but some of the writing is a little too... marketable for my taste. Hope the pertinent info doesn't get lost in the flourishes. MOO

She seems to be quite the public figure in the community. Good that she can get so many people rallied behind her, but some of the writing is a little too... marketable for my taste. Hope the pertinent info doesn't get lost in the flourishes. MOO
I know someone just like her. Over shares on social media. Hyper manic. Eating disorder. Love/hate relationship with her ex. Appears well known in our community...but at the end of the day is bats**t crazy. KKF admits to a lot of those traits herself via her SM posts. I still don’t understand her New Year’s Insta post. If my husband were missing that would be the farthest thing on my mind.

If the broader goal of all of this was to distract and mesmerize me enough to endanger my employability then the whole crew can call off the dogs ... mission accomplished. This is the wackiest thing I’ve ever come across - and it will likely just end up being an accident ffs

I’m considering so many deceitful and evil subplots in everything that I read about this disappearance that I just want to come clean with all you people and tell you that if you want to sell the book rights on this you’d better get moving because I’ve got it all done except the last chapter on what actually happened,

This is a great point. I'm also unsure of what work may need to be done, but it does seem odd to me to agree to go on a little boating excursion, only to jump off the boat and swim back. I don't go for a drive and tell someone "nah don't worry, I'll run back". But I'm also not an ultrarunner.

He was going to "see the christmas lights on the boats", any idea where that would be? I've seen photos of boats all lit up by the San fran bridge (seems to be a yearly thing), unsure if that's what they meant.
Maybe let's try to find the place the boat would have gone to and trace a sort of example path? I assume the boats would have been further away than the distance he swam but maybe I'm wrong.
In the case that they were driving back, why would the boat owner just stay back if he was on his way home anyway? Also, 100-200 yards is far to swim, but not very far to boat (a couple minutes at most? He would beat him to the Marina for sure).

Seems very odd to me that his phone and GPS watch were left behind. Leads me to believe he has planned to jump in the water and didn't want to lose his phone (as normally having a phone to call for help would be beneficial on the water). But then I have to ask why on earth he wore the clothes he wore, as that seems unplanned.

Maybe this is the minimalist in me, but he lives on a boat. He doesn't have much room for clothing. How many pairs of jeans would this guy have to just put a pair out of commission for the next couple days? Any guy I know has 1 pair of jeans, or maybe two but they seem to always have one they prefer immensely more.

I think the reason there isn't much MSM is that it seems too cut and dry via the police report of a missing man who went swimming. But then you read the story and you're left incredulous. MOO

It's impossible to know whether he made it safely out of the water, but I will say that the "salty dogs" I have been friends with or met at marinas who live on their boats or are avid sailors are far different than the standard norm of society. Maybe it is me and the people I am friends with, but it is absolutely not uncommon to leave tech devices on shore as it feels antithesis to carry a tech device when going out on the water to commune with nature. A large majority of boats are rigged with a CB radio to send a distress message to the coastguard or fellow boats out on the water.

As far as him jumping in for a swim, sure it is crazy with the cold water and elements, but if his neighbor knew of his athletic capacity, I don't think it is out of the box to say to Lucas, "You're crazy but see you on shore". I have no doubt that because of the races that Lucas has participated in, he is trained to accommodate for performing in cold climates and I would venture to guess that as such an athlete he has used cold water/ice baths in the recovery phase (very common & highly effective!).

The main thing that leads me to be suspicious in this situation is that I would think his neighbor would've checked to make sure he made it back because those who live on their boats are a tight crew and look out for each other besides it being common sense. This leads me a point I made before: perhaps his neighbor was so shocked when KK mentioned he was missing because he DID see that Lucas made it back that night. We don't know because we are not hearing anything.

All my opinion and I apologize for my lengthy replies. I am very passionate about being out on the water here on the bay as well as athletic training, and this hits close to home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back