Still Missing CA - Noah McIntosh, 8, Corona, early March 2019 *parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. The situation with the paternal grandfather has bothered me for awhile. As has the fact his sister knew and never reported it either. I suspect they knew, even if it was just deep down inside, that something was gravely wrong.

Good point on why one kid was with the grandpa but not the other. Perhaps it was planned, if so, that makes me incredibly sad. Both were homeschooled so it’s not like one had school to attend or something while the other didn’t. His sister was with grandpa for awhile too... it must have been at least 10 days or so. That’s a long stay and grandpa lived close enough to just pop by for the afternoon trip which got cancelled because “Bryce and Noah were sick”.

On a side note, her attorney is the same attorney who represented a man who was convicted of murdering and torturing a 3 year old Corona boy in 2015. Another heartbreaking case. CORONA: Man convicted of torturing, killing 3-year-old – Press Enterprise

Unfortunately for him I believe he’s a court appointed defense attorney. My understanding is they don’t really get any say in the cases. Talk about pulling the short straw, cases like this would make me want to quit law if I was an attorney.

Unfortunately the DA office had to make a deal with a devil to secure another devil. :mad::confused:

On a happier note I planted all day Saturday and am waiting for some more sunshine so I can finish Noah's memorial area. It's going to be the only thing to bring me any peace in this God awful unspeakable crime.

Justice for Noah.

I just wonder how necessary it was or if the prosecutor was worried no jury would unanimously agree a mother* was capable of such heinous crimes against her own son.

*she doesn’t deserve to be called a Mother trying to comply with TOS.

It would appear that you can change your public defender providing you have a good reason to do so. Examples of reasons are in the link below.

If you want to change your public defender, you will generally need to submit a written request to the court or judge in charge of your case and you may need to contact the public defender's office as well. You will also be required to submit evidence supporting the reasons for the change, so make sure you take and keep good notes about your interactions with your public defender and any complaints you've made previously.

It is generally up to the court's discretion whether to allow a criminal defendant to change counsel. So make sure you have a good reason for wanting to change your public defender and good evidence backing up that reason. And if you don't want another public defender, you can reach out to local criminal defense attorneys.

What Can You Do If You Don't Like Your Public Defender?

If this monster did purchase this bolt cutter for a lock or a fence, IMO he had somewhere in mind, somewhere familiar. As for Mrs. Do Nothing while you know your child is being tortured in your bathroom and you leave the house... Speechless.
A bolt cutter? If I was LE, I'd be looking at whether the father or mother rented any storage units.

What disgusts me is that the grandfather reported Noah's abuse to CPS and the case was closed. CPS didn't need to interview the mother, they needed to do forensic interviews with the children. Failure to do so is inexcusable.

The system failures keep happening and need to be corrected on a national level. We've had too many of these cases where abusers hide below the radar by doing things like moving to another jurisdiction.

JMO

You might want to delete the screenshot, you’re new and I don’t think we can post it. Don’t want to be a nag, just looking out and trying to make sure a new sleuth can stay :)

@Danaid17

@Danaid17 we are not allowed to post screenshots from any social media or Facebook. Nor are we allowed to discuss anything written on them it’s in the Terms of Service here at Websleuths. I appreciate you are new and this was not intentional.

I can't delete it? Can someone assist? It says 60 mins has passed. I'm sorry if I transgressed. Half of Corona is part of the page it was posted on so I thought it was ok.

No worries, I alerted a mod for you. We only have 60 minutes to edit each post. The above link explains what is and what is not allowed.

Danaid
welcome-team.gif

to WS & this thread.

To "Reply" to a post - on the right bottom side of the post you will see:
"Like" - "Quote" - "Reply"

Hit "Reply" & it will take you to the bottom of the thread and will - hopefully - show you the post you want to quote. Hope that helps! :)

Anything happen with Bryce? No plea on child abuse charges?? TIA!

Can anyone get into this court site:
The Superior Court of California, County of Riverside

I have no access over here in the EU....

edited to add: Case #RIF1901251 for both

Here's some tweets from yesterday:

Richard K. De Atley‏Verified account @RKDeAtley

Good morning. I’m at Riverside County Superior Court’s downtown Riverside Hall of Justice to cover a court appearance for Jillian Godfrey of Corona, charged with child cruelty against her 8-year-old son, Noah McIntosh.

D3pAu_7UYAAmu5c.jpg

Richard K. De Atley on Twitter

Noah’s father, Bryce McIntosh, has been charged with the boy’s torture-murder and also child cruelty in the case. He pleaded not guilty last week to both charges.

Godfrey, 36, is not charged in the slaying. She is in custody in lieu of posting bond on $500,000 bail.

Noah was declared missing by Corona police in mid-March. He has not been found, and authorities have said he is now presumed dead, based on evidence they have gathered.

McIntosh, 32, was charged March 28 with the slaying of Noah, who would have turned 9 on Sunday, March 31.

The hearing for Godfrey today is an arraignment -- that’s where a defendant is formally told of the charges and allegations against him or her, consults with an attorney, and can enter a plea.

Riverside County Superior Court Judge O.G. Magno has taken the bench and court is in session. He's handling a couple of other matters ahead of Godfrey's.

OK, more than a couple.

Court back in session. During the break, Godfrey spoke with appointed defense attorney Peter Morreale.

D3pK6sgUIAEfZor.jpg

Morreale objecting to media coverage of the arraignment. Very prejudicial to have cameras in the courtroom. Magno says he has put procedural safeguards in place, He continues to grant video, still cameras and reporters.

Morreale asks for continuance to April 15. Magno grants.

Doug Godfrey, Jillian Godfrey’s father, was in court. He declined comment outside the courtroom.

Unfortunately the DA office had to make a deal with a devil to secure another devil. :mad::confused:

On a happier note I planted all day Saturday and am waiting for some more sunshine so I can finish Noah's memorial area. It's going to be the only thing to bring me any peace in this God awful unspeakable crime.

Justice for Noah.
It sounds like something very special boscoe. I'm sure Noah is looking down with a smile on your memorial garden. :)

Agreed. The situation with the paternal grandfather has bothered me for awhile. As has the fact his sister knew and never reported it either. I suspect they knew, even if it was just deep down inside, that something was gravely wrong.

Good point on why one kid was with the grandpa but not the other. Perhaps it was planned, if so, that makes me incredibly sad. Both were homeschooled so it’s not like one had school to attend or something while the other didn’t. His sister was with grandpa for awhile too... it must have been at least 10 days or so. That’s a long stay and grandpa lived close enough to just pop by for the afternoon trip which got cancelled because “Bryce and Noah were sick”.

Yes, I just find that odd. It could be I guess because Noah had issues and the grandpa was only equipped to deal with one child but I still find it odd. And, as you said, it was for quite some time as well. It is also his family we have never heard from is that correct? With regard to finding him?

I cannot imagine my child telling me their child was missing at the age of eight and just sitting back and doing nothing. If I did not know it was all over the news and had been reported, I would be doing so myself. Of course, to be fair, we only know what we have been told and what the media says and court docs show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels