GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
So - she plead guilty & now her sentencing hearing is on 7/11/22 - is that the outcome of the hearing?
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

'She's only sorry she got caught': Cop brands Sherri Papini a 'deceitful selfish narcissist' | Daily Mail Online

Oh my, the Sheriff is not afraid to speak his mind: he has got her number and I agree, I wish they did not offer her a plea deal- I expect she will not serve any time so really once again she is getting away with bad behavior.

The state would not want her locked up as she would be a source of never ending problems for corrections officers.

Sherri just seems to be a fundamentally lazy person. Women who aren't naturally bright or motivated will create situations to get attention to feel validated as human beings.

I can honestly say people like her exasperate law enforcement officers as they waste resources that need to be going to worthy cases (like people who have really truly been victimized.)

The real victims here are her kids. She has eliminated the possibility of being able to save for their further education.

The state would not want her locked up as she would be a source of never ending problems for corrections officers.

Sherri just seems to be a fundamentally lazy person. Women who aren't naturally bright or motivated will create situations to get attention to feel validated as human beings.

I can honestly say people like her exasperate law enforcement officers as they waste resources that need to be going to worthy cases (like people who have really truly been victimized.)

The real victims here are her kids. She has eliminated the possibility of being able to save for their further education.

The government (it's Federal not State) still recommends incarceration, with the estimated (not guaranteed) sentence being 8-14 months.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edca/press-release/file/1493821/download
I hope you meant "people", not "women" in your second paragraph, because otherwise that sounded rather misogynistic IMO.

Agree her children are the real victims. Very sad for them.

The government (it's Federal not State) still recommends incarceration, with the estimated (not guaranteed) sentence being 8-14 months.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edca/press-release/file/1493821/download
I hope you meant "people", not "women" in your second paragraph, because otherwise that sounded rather misogynistic IMO.

It was not my intent to sound misogynistic.

Honestly incarceration isn't going to faze her. She'll just try to be the center of attention in lockup.

This is going to sound cruel but her husband needed this wake up call. Any normal man cannot be married to someone like Sherri for the years he was married to her and not have an inkling of what she was all about.....If he has any self-respect he'll remarry someone who can parent his kids properly.

FWIW, I have more respect for SP than for Jussie Smollett, who continues to double down on his "innocence".

I don’t. She did this for FIVE YEARS! She claimed she was disabled and got disability benefits. She hid for two weeks while her kids and the rest of her family were scared spitless. She lied to a therapist for years.

She only finally confessed because her attorney explained to her that she’s going to prison and she’s obviously terrified of prison. That doesn’t make her worthy of respect. It just means that fear can sometimes overcome pathological arrogance.

She’s charged with Federal offenses, so if sentenced to incarceration it will be Federal prison, not State. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
4/13/22 The Piece of Evidence that Broke Open the Sherri Papini Case

It wasn't until the spring of 2017 that investigators found the piece of evidence that would lead them to the shocking conclusion that Sherri Papini wasn't abducted — she ran away, they say.

According to a 53-page charging document released last week by a U.S. District Court, the telltale clue was male DNA on the sweatpants and underwear that Papini was wearing when she was found on Thanksgiving Day 2016. The DNA didn't belong to her female abductors. Nor did it belong to Papini's husband, authorities concluded.

Still, Jackson was certain that what investigators found on Papini's clothing would ultimately solve their mystery.

"Once we had the DNA, I knew we'd be able to find something, and I just kept telling our guys and our ladies, be patient it's going to happen and we just kept pushing on," he said.

It took Jackson, his colleagues and his partners at the FBI until 2019 before they decoded the story of the DNA. That was when they requested a "familial DNA" search, a technique that searches offender DNA databanks for a father, son or brother of an unknown perpetrator.

California mom Sherri Papini pleads guilty to faking abduction: 'I feel very sad'

4/18/22

Sherry Papini, 39, pleaded guilty to one count each of mail fraud and lying to a federal officer, days after accepting a deal from prosecutors in connection with the fake kidnapping. The story captured headlines nationwide and cost law enforcement and the government thousands of dollars.

Her sentencing is scheduled for July 11, 2022.

Papini appeared virtually from her lawyer’s office to officially plead guilty during the 35-minute court hearing, The Sacramento Bee reported. She was reportedly near tears, as Senior U.S. District Judge William B. Shubb asked her how she felt.

@Niner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member