GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First and foremost Websleuths is a true crime discussion forum. A very close second is we are a victim friendly forum. Rarely do these two descriptions collide. In the Papini case, discussion forum and victim friendly forum smash head-on into each other.

First and foremost we are a discussion forum.

Because there are many mainstream media articles about the discrepancies in Sherri's story, we must allow a discussion to contain opinions that Sherri is not truthful, and the next logical leap is we must allow the theory that Sherri is not telling the truth about her kidnapping.

This is very difficult. We have the police saying they believe Sherri is telling the truth yet there are discrepancies.

Not that this played any part in my decision on what to allow in the Papini discussion I can tell you I can't find anyone who believes her other than a handful of posters on Websleuths.

Let me just throw this out there;what if everyone is wrong? Can you imagine the pain?

Before I tell you the rules for discussion Sherri's case, I want to envision you are sitting with Sherri, her husband, and her CHILDREN, while you are telling them your theory. Keep that vision in your mind while you type your post.

Whatever you choose to say (within TOS of course) you can do so in a kind and mature manner. With that in mind here is what is now open for discussion.

*You can discuss the discrepancies in Sherri's statements, her husband's, or anyone else who has given a statement to the police.

*You can discuss the discrepancies reported by the mainstream media. Example: Fox News Story Sherri Papini case: DNA evidence triggers new questions over 'super mom' kidnapping claim

*You can discuss, like a mature person who is expressing their opinion in front of the whole Papini family, why you believe Sherri Papini is not telling the truth. A side note if you want I would love to read your theories on why the police are so adamant she is telling the truth

*You cannot use rumor and innuendo to explain your theory as to why Papini made up the kidnapping story. Must be fact-based. Meaning mainstream media and police sources.

If everyone uses common sense and does not reduce this discussion to name calling and all kinds of other immature acts, we shouldn't have a problem.

Basing your opinion/posts on the facts in this case and doing so in a mature manner will mean the Papini thread will stay open. We shouldn't have any problems.

A year after California mom’s mysterious disappearance, new info surfaces | fox8.com

Sherri Papini: California Mom Had Male DNA on Her

BACKSTORY:

Redding Crime 2.0

Missing Person Sherri Papini
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25

14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]

Redding Crime 2.0

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Please remember that anyone close to this case who has NOT BEEN NAMED BY LE AS A SUSPECT OR POI IN THIS CASE is off limits for derogatory comments at this time. Those people are still considered VICTIMS of this hoax.

There is only one person who has been charged here, and there is plenty to discuss about her.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

To clarify for some members who don't know how these threads get started ... the Opening Post of each thread in this discussion is a copy of Tricia's original post that started Thread #1. It is dated October 29, 2017. That original post continues to carry through on all subsequent threads so that members know the beginning of the story.

Tricia's initial stance about treating Sherry Papini as a victim was totally in line with Websleuths' long standing policy of treating a person like a victim UNTIL we know otherwise..

Obviously, now that Sherri has been charged, she no longer falls into the category of victim as per Websleuths' Victim Friendly policy.

Any questions in that regard, please use the Report feature to ask or message a Mod or Admin for clarification.

Thanks.

Sherri Papini: Husband of woman who faked 2016 kidnapping, files for divorce and child custody - CNN

4/22/22

Papini told the court she was in treatment for anxiety, depression, and PTSD for about five years starting in 2016 and struggled a bit during middle school.

Keith Papini, in his filing, said that his wife was “not acting in a rational manner.”

His wife had lied to their children about her disappearance, Keith Papini said in a court document. “The fact that their mother lied to them on such a major issue is something they, and I, are having a hard time dealing with. We, both children and I, need time to recover and stabilize.”

[..]

According to the divorce petition, the Papinis have been married since October 2009 and separated on March 3, the same day she was arrested on federal charges.

Sherri Papini’s attorney declined to comment on the filing.

Papini is currently staying with a relative in Chico, California, roughly 75 miles south of where Keith and the children live, court documents show.

[..]

Papini faces a maximum sentence of 25 years in prison and up to $500,000 in fines. She will be sentenced on July 11.

@Niner -- beware that there might not be much news past the initial filing. There's been so much public interest in the couple's status since the charges that networks were watching family (civil) court wires. I will not be surprised if KP's attorney blocks public/media access from any hearings as this is a private family matter that also involves custody issues of minor children. In his petition, KP's already asked the court to help protect his children.

Yes, I thought about that - since it is going to be about custody issues.

@Niner Sure, but will we have to pay extra for that? :D
Couple questions: *Was boyfriend arrested for his involvement in SP's fraud?
*Does anyone think SP had this hoax all planned out in advance, or did she improvise when she realized what a mess she created with her disappearance?

No, no extra cost! :D

No, boyfriend wasn't arrested - as Seattle1 said above in one of her/his posts.

I did not know that SP had this planned for a year - thanks for that @Seattle1 .

@Niner Sure, but will we have to pay extra for that? :D
Couple questions: *Was boyfriend arrested for his involvement in SP's fraud?
*Does anyone think SP had this hoax all planned out in advance, or did she improvise when she realized what a mess she created with her disappearance?
I don't think she intended to come back when she left initially. I think she intended to just start a whole new life. Why she changed her mind, I don't know. It may have been at that point she began injuring herself and plotting her "return story".

Of course, it's always possible she plotted the whole thing in advance just to spend a few weeks with her boyfriend. I haven't yet decided just how diabolical she truly is. Enough to be dangerous, for sure.

Maybe she'll do an interview ten years from now and tell us the truth about what she was doing and thinking during this entire escapade. But even if she does it will be impossible to believe her, so I'm not sure what the point would be. IMO

I don't think she intended to come back when she left initially. I think she intended to just start a whole new life. Why she changed her mind, I don't know. It may have been at that point she began injuring herself and plotting her "return story".

Of course, it's always possible she plotted the whole thing in advance just to spend a few weeks with her boyfriend. I haven't yet decided just how diabolical she truly is. Enough to be dangerous, for sure.

Maybe she'll do an interview ten years from now and tell us the truth about what she was doing and thinking during this entire escapade. But even if she does it will be impossible to believe her, so I'm not sure what the point would be. IMO
I think she's proven by now that she's not capable of telling the truth.

BBM - That is exactly what I have been thinking! She's had that family on a puppet string for years, it's going to so hard for them to understand the drama they've lived with is not normal. Thank goodness the truth finally came out! The boyfriend thinking he was helping protect her from her "abusive" husband, he probably needs therapy too.

This gal needs to be supervised! She's already harmed herself with her "fake kidnapping". She may lose it now that everyone knows the truth about her. I think her image is very important to her.
She’s probably going to be serving some time. I hope the kids don’t visit her in prison.
What could happen as far as visitation whilst serving her time?

She’s probably going to be serving some time. I hope the kids don’t visit her in prison.
What could happen as far as visitation whilst serving her time?

I'm not a lawyer, however I've attached a link with information to read:

What is a California "Minor’s Counsel?" | California Divorce Guide

Excerpts:

"Minor’s counsel is a neutral voice for the child, without compromising the child’s rights, emotional well-being, or forcing the child to side with one parent or the other. Their role is to consider what is the best interest of the child, while not being bound by emotions that often come with divorce, child abuse, neglect, and other difficult issues often associated with contested child custody or divorce cases."

"What Do “Minor’s Counsel” Do, Exactly?
"Minor’s counsel act as fact finders. They learn about the child’s best interests including the health, safety, and welfare of the child. They will gather information from interviews with the child, the parents, therapists, and doctors. They will also evaluate school and medical records, psychological evaluations, and any other record that provides relevant information pertaining to the child’s needs."

ETA: I've asked @gitana1 about the court procedure in my next post (below)
@gitana1 has been following this case since day 1 as well!

Last edited:
We need to ask our wonderful lawyer, @gitana1 about the procedure the courts usually follow, concerning supervised visits in the case of an incarcerated parent in California.

@gitana1, when you have a moment, would you kindly give an overview of how this works?

Thanks in advance!

Is he petitioning for sole custody or primary custody?

I don't know. But even with primary custody, if one parent is incarcerated, the primary custodian (who isn't incarcerated) is the decision-maker, right? Hopefully, he will make the right decision regarding visiting their mother, taking all things into consideration. If she keeps her crazy out of the visits, maybe it would be in their best interest? I don't know. Kids miss their parents no matter what their misdeeds are :(.

I can't fault him either.

I'm recalling a post from long ago about how a vow for richer, for poorer, and in sickness and health, does not imply for felon!

Well, they left out the ‘for better, for worse,’ which might include the ‘for felon.’ But I certainly don’t blame anyone who ducks out on it—as people have been saying, their children deserve better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back